GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

A/C outlet specs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-13, 07:45 AM
Pugs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C outlet specs?

What are the A/C outlet specs in the first gen GX 470(amps etc.)? It's the last thing I need to check before my warranty is out. Also what are some things that you use in the A/C outlet? Thanks.
Old 07-01-13, 11:15 AM
fishhuntnc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear AC power outlet is is 115 volt, 100 watt. We mostly use it to charge cell phones, hand held video devices, etc. It will also power a macbook computer for example with a 60 watt power adapter.

Here's the wording in my '05 manual:

The maximum capacity for this power outlet is 115 VAC/100W. If you attempt to use an appliance that requires more than 115 VAC or 100W, the protection circuit will activate and cut the power supply. The power supply will restart automatically when you use an appliance that operates within the 115 VAC/100W limits.

The power outlet is not designed for the following electric appliances even though their power consumption is under 115 VAC/100W. These appliances may not operate properly.

Appliances with high initial peak wattage : Cathode–ray tube type televisions, compressor–driven refrigerators, electric pumps, electric tools, etc.

Measuring devices which process precise data: Medical equipment, measuring instruments, etc.

Other appliances requiring an extremely stable power supply: Microcomputer–controlled electric blankets, touch sensor lamps, etc.
Certain electrical appliances may cause radio noise.