GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

How to initialize Power Windows - GX after battery Replacement or Reset

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-19, 12:00 AM
Jsanc464
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar issue, but slightly different

So my ‘06 gx470 master window switch was messing up
so I bought a new one, and still my wi Dow down feature doesn’t work. I’m referring to the feature which allows you to hold the unlock button on the key fob, and it’ll open all the windows. Even when I use the actual key to try the feature they don’t open. Otherwise they work fine. Just trying to solve the issue.
Old 08-21-19, 10:30 PM
Rygar470
Lead Lap

Received 136 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsanc464
So my ‘06 gx470 master window switch was messing up
so I bought a new one, and still my wi Dow down feature doesn’t work. I’m referring to the feature which allows you to hold the unlock button on the key fob, and it’ll open all the windows. Even when I use the actual key to try the feature they don’t open. Otherwise they work fine. Just trying to solve the issue.
That to me, sounds like a pairing/SW/programming issue. Meaning, if you have the Techstream software, you can go in and reprogram these features. Are you trying this with your original key, or aftermarket which was later programmed? Just thinking outloud here.

PS: I think it should be a priority for every GX/LEXUS/TOYOTA owner, to purchase the techstream software in order to do basic commands, from scanning the vehicle for codes, to programming such features as the ones I mentioned. Cheap Insurance if you ask me.
Old 02-01-24, 06:23 PM
deltron2023
2nd gear

Default Front passenger window still stuck

Originally Posted by mann777
Gents
I am seeing lot of members asking the same repeat question on the Initialization of Power Windows on GX 470 - First Gen
I thought I could give it the illustrative way , That would make it more easier to all who aren't aware.
Hope this helps.

Just replaced my battery ran through these steps. Of note prior to changing the. Artery the passenger side window could be rolled down on passenger side but had to could. It be rolled up on that side. Had to be rolled up on driver side.

now after trying to reset all my windows, My driver side window is still stuck down. I ran through the steps you gave and even unhooked my battery again and tried again to no avail. The front passenger window switch is still blinking. And now that window is stuck down. I am unable to roll the front passenger window up from the driver side panel or passenger side panel. All other windows including sunroof are working including the auto feature on all other windows. Any suggestions.
Old 02-01-24, 06:26 PM
deltron2023
2nd gear

Just replaced my battery ran through these steps. Of note prior to changing the. Artery the passenger side window could be rolled down on passenger side but had to could. It be rolled up on that side. Had to be rolled up on driver side.

now after trying to reset all my windows, My driver side window is still stuck down. I ran through the steps you gave and even unhooked my battery again and tried again to no avail. The front passenger window switch is still blinking on passenger side but not at driver side master panel. And now that window is stuck down. I am unable to roll the front passenger window up from the driver side panel or passenger side panel. All other windows including sunroof are working including the auto feature on all other windows. Any suggestions.