GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 w/Nav Solution for Aftermarket Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-18, 08:23 AM
coolie569
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you do the install yourself? Any problems pop-up? Dying to do this but I think you have to adjust the volume from your old unit before moving to the Phoenix and my volume won't work on my old unit.
Old 11-05-18, 10:22 AM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeEvil
@Yaahms - See those 2 fan icons right below the 2 defrost icons at the very bottom of the screen? One is a little fan and the second is a bigger fan. That's where you adjust fan speed. You can also turn the AC on or off by touching the AC icon between the "Dual" and "Auto" icons.

Congrats!! you are going to love this system.

BeEvil
Trust me I touched ALL the buttons haha. Those ones don't respond on my unit. I will give it another shot when I get home.
Old 11-05-18, 10:25 AM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Coolie - yes I installed it. The first problem is the lack of instructions but that was easy enough to get through if you have any kind of experience with this sort of stuff. The next problem was that the amount of wires that need to go back in the hole along with the unit can overwhelm the available space so you have to do a bit of creative tucking to get it to fit. Again - not a super big deal.
Old 11-05-18, 10:40 AM
BeEvil
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaahms
Trust me I touched ALL the buttons haha. Those ones don't respond on my unit. I will give it another shot when I get home.
Damn. That's unfortunate. All mine work. Is this the DLC Android system? What default vehicle did you use from the menu? I'll have a look at mine. I can't remember which the installer used in mine.
Old 11-05-18, 10:42 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 523 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaahms
Coolie - yes I installed it. The first problem is the lack of instructions but that was easy enough to get through if you have any kind of experience with this sort of stuff. The next problem was that the amount of wires that need to go back in the hole along with the unit can overwhelm the available space so you have to do a bit of creative tucking to get it to fit. Again - not a super big deal.
Does the backup camera work, and if yes was it plug & play, adapters needed, what's the story? What year is your truck?
Old 11-05-18, 10:49 AM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Damn. That's unfortunate. All mine work. Is this the DLC Android system? What default vehicle did you use from the menu? I'll have a look at mine. I can't remember which the installer used in mine.
I am not sure of the DLC question, but this thread is where I found the link for this particular unit so I think so. When I got it, it was listed as IS300 in the settings. I changed it to Prado to attempt the fix but it still functioned the same. I did notice that both the factory harness and the unit harness both had unused connections, but they didn't fit each other. Promise.
Old 11-05-18, 10:50 AM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IanB2
Does the backup camera work, and if yes was it plug & play, adapters needed, what's the story? What year is your truck?
My '03 did not have a factory camera so I can't attest to it working. I am planning on installing an aftermarket one.
The following users liked this post:
IanB2 (11-05-18)
Old 11-06-18, 06:33 AM
Kelevra
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You might have received the wrong harness. On my Phoenix, all of the factory harness is plugged in to connections on the unit.
I would assume all the radio plugs need to be connected to work properly.
Th unit you have, is that the one where you need to take apart the factory AC controller?
Old 11-06-18, 06:58 AM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kelevra
You might have received the wrong harness. On my Phoenix, all of the factory harness is plugged in to connections on the unit.
I would assume all the radio plugs need to be connected to work properly.
Th unit you have, is that the one where you need to take apart the factory AC controller?
Yeah I had to disassemble everything. I also had to remove what I think was a large power plug from the old assembly to use to power the new assembly.
Old 11-06-18, 07:26 AM
Kelevra
Driver

Ugh, I know with our Phoenix unit, it uses a Buick car setting for the AC, not Lexus. Makes no sense to me. However, it works well. I don't know anything about your unit. I do know there are different harnesses or adaptors. I remember a person waiting for a harness because they sent the incorrect one.
I hope someone with your same unit jumps in.

Good luck,

B
Yaahms (11-06-18)
Old 12-27-18, 08:54 AM
dondekako
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mudfunk
Phoenix android radios appears to have a physical location in the US and offers a 1 year warranty. A little more peace of mind
“appears to have” have we found out if really have a physical location in the USA?
Old 12-27-18, 09:42 AM
Kelevra
Driver

There is a location in Los Angeles, CA. I believe it is on Wilshire Blvd. Never been to it though.
Old 01-07-19, 09:00 AM
tg9266
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for all of your posts regarding this unit. It works with US version with nav OR without?
Old 01-07-19, 09:01 AM
tg9266
Driver School Candidate

Looks nice!
BeEvil (01-07-19)
Old 01-07-19, 09:02 AM
tg9266
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I have Nav and I purchased a US version. Only 112K miles. Put the Volk rims on off of my 2007 FJ Cruiser. 18X9 ET0
Looks nice!
BeEvil (01-07-19)

Quick Reply: GX470 w/Nav Solution for Aftermarket Stereo?