GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Headrest Monitors!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 03:43 PM
bill_und
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any developments on this?

Hi all,

Are there any developments on this topic?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 08-10-06, 04:48 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The diagram is in storage with the old monitors and will not be out until I move into our new home. Should be around November. Sorry! I'll let you know then if you haven't figured it out by then. Just an update, the monitors are working fine and sound through the headphones is still clear. The only thing is that I can't see the screens from the driver's seat so when dealing with the RSES, I have to lean back and look at the screen on the roof. I'll probable put visor monitors or a rear view monitor just to be able to control the RSES and see whats going on easily. I do not have NAV. It is usually not sold here since Guam is so small and is not mapped out.

MAC
Old 08-11-06, 06:20 AM
scooterpie
Driver School Candidate

I just have the two monitors. I dont have the RES. Does anyone know how i can tap the two monitors back into the dashboard display and use the nav as a dvd player as well?

Sorry to hijack!

But i have no problems with our headrest, they work great! Our headrest each have thier own dvd player so our daughters can watch two different movies, and use the wireless headphone. its fantastic on road trips. i dont have to hear the other one complain about chaging the movie, unlike in our IS300 we have two tvs but 1 player, so it plays the same movie.

P.s.- (0260n5.7) - I take it you live in Guam? I used to live in Tammuning. You know where the Hilton is. the road if you come out of the hilton and go up the hill, there is some towhouses on the right with a white wall around them. I used to live in there. I worked at the Alupang Beach club!! I would love to go back! I worked on the Dolphin tour boat. Hows everything on Guam? has it grown any recnetly? I was there During Typhoon Paka.

Last edited by scooterpie; 08-13-06 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-13-06, 11:55 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

scoot,

I can't help with your inquiry, but Guam has changed alot since PAKA. I think the townhomes you lived in are caled Royal Gardens, right? Nice to see some1 else that knows about Guam on the board.

MAC
Old 08-14-06, 06:04 AM
scooterpie
Driver School Candidate

Yup, that's the name! I miss Guam so much ! I would love to go back. I went to school on Nimitz Hill, the DODEA High school way up there. Where do you live at? We had friends in Merizto (sp?), agana, & of course on Big Navy and Anderson. Guam freaking rocks, i'm trying to get my wife to take a trip there. She wants to go to Hawaii, and i'm trying to convence her its too expensive and we need to go to guam. ha ha ha. I know may way around there and can go places a lot of people dont know anout, like freshwater lake. That lake on the north side of the island that you have to park and hike to. Its like something you see in a movie!! Well i'm jealous that your there and i'm here (US). I miss all the Fiesta's!
Old 09-12-06, 08:59 PM
frederic
Driver School Candidate

0260n5.7, any word on the wiring diagram for the factory video out? I'm sure many people (aside from me) are interested in those diagrams. Thanks.
Old 09-20-07, 06:48 AM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frederic
0260n5.7, any word on the wiring diagram for the factory video out? I'm sure many people (aside from me) are interested in those diagrams. Thanks.
I am interested in tapping the OEM RSES for the video and audio out signals. Does anyone here have wiring diagram of the RSES.....either at the OEM DVD end or at the NAV end.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-07, 07:09 PM
pump142
Driver

that is sick..nice job
Old 12-16-08, 03:51 PM
raffiGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 0260n5.7
Just got the first set of Vizualogic headrest monitors. I test fitted the headrests/monitors in the middle row headrests (too excited to wait) and compared the leather. These babies match up pretty well. The beauty is that if I ever have to take them out, I still have the OEM headrests in oerfect condition. Here is a pic of the entire VL9000 Vehicle Specific Kit. This particular kit comes with two headrests which match the OEM leather with 7" monitors installed, two A/V control modules with dual source video inputs, one remote control with batteries, one 3 channel RF transmitter (dual output for Vizualogic wireless headphones which are included), and one FM modulator. The install will be complete this Saturday 7/5. Stay tuned...

MAC

This is a pic of the entire kit. Note: the headrests in this pic are the OEM.
Hello 0260n5.7,

I know is an old thread. I was wondering if I get the Vizualogic headset monitors only. Because I have the factory Rear Entertainment. Can I hook them along with the Factory Flip down monitor. So they will all display what is playing on the factory DVD player.
Old 12-17-08, 05:17 AM
wlee69
Driver School Candidate

Yes you can just get the headrest monitors and feed the video in from the factory DVD system. I've done this on my GX and it works great. You can splice into the video from the center console (rear, behind the air controls) and have RCA jacks at the other end to plug into the monitors.

I actually used old audiovox dvd headrests that I bought off of ebay, where the dvd part was broken, but the screens work great, so they were really cheap! (Already in the lexus/toyota headrests). Just set the monitors to AV1 which is the external source.
Old 12-17-08, 03:03 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Sorry All!

I completely forgot about this thread until raffi posted yesterday. I sold the GX in March and everything (diagrams) went with it. wlee, do you have a diagram for everyone here? Sorry again!

MAC
Old 12-17-08, 11:43 PM
wlee69
Driver School Candidate

No diagram, but its easy. when you take off the plate at the rear of the center console, you'll see a plastic connector connecting a ton of wires.
On the left hand side of the console (should be the side that comes out from the dvd player in the console) - Pin 3 (green) is the NTSC signal and Pin 2 (red) is the SGND for the signal. Solder those two wires to an RCA plug and you should be in business.
Old 12-18-08, 08:54 AM
vxphan
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by frederic
pm me, I send you the diagram

Thanks
Old 12-19-08, 07:22 PM
jskim
Driver School Candidate

Can you send me the diagram for the monitor for GX headrest. Thanx
Old 12-20-08, 06:06 PM
vxphan
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

AS-RSE-dvd player wiring.pdf