GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

How to link keys with memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-03, 12:02 PM
brent0226
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to link keys with memory seats

We have set the seat positions for both 1 and 2. How do you make it so when you unlock the car with key "A," it recalls seat position 1, and when you unlock the car with key "B," it recalls seat position 2?
Old 08-05-03, 11:19 AM
177mph
Pole Position

Is that an option? Is it in the manual? I've never heard of it.
Old 08-05-03, 12:16 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't think you can

That's availableon the Trailblazer/Envoy, I don't think it's an option on the GX. At least not one I've seen in the manual.
Old 08-05-03, 01:02 PM
Cessna172
Driver

The memory seats in the GX don't communicate with the key fobs. You have to change the settings after you get in and turn the vehicle on. I really wish it did though, I had that feature on my Corvette and it is very nice and convienent to have individualized key fobs with individual settings.

Another thing I have found out is the memory buttons only work when stopped and in Park.

Another annoying thing about the memory seats in the GX is if you need to adjust a setting, you can't save on the fly, you have to stop first and put the shifter in Park, which by that time I usually forget to resave, another feature I was used to in the Corvette.

As nice as the GX is inside, I think some things weren't as thought out as they could have been. For example, the placement of the window switches. I feel the switches are arrainged too far forward. When I go to open or close the front windows and try to do this without looking, I always end up hitting the rear window switches. Or the wimpy arm rests. I'm also a little dissappointed with the lack of storage space, especially when equipped with the DVD player.

Don't get me wrong I like my GX, I just thought that some interior items were not very well thought out.
Old 08-05-03, 01:25 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Originally posted by Cessna172
...As nice as the GX is inside, I think some things weren't as thought out as they could have been. For example, the placement of the window switches. I feel the switches are arrainged too far forward. When I go to open or close the front windows and try to do this without looking, I always end up hitting the rear window switches. Or the wimpy arm rests. I'm also a little dissappointed with the lack of storage space, especially when equipped with the DVD player.

Don't get me wrong I like my GX, I just thought that some interior items were not very well thought out.
AGREED on all points! I am CONSTANTLY opening the rear windows by mistake.
Old 08-05-03, 03:53 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

I wish there was more storage in the back for the ball hitch and wiring connector. Mine is in a canvas bag, but it's still in the way. If I take it out and put it in the garage, I'm sure I'll never find them again!!!
Old 08-05-03, 04:56 PM
stevelaw
Driver

Default AND WHERE'S THE COIN HOLDER!!!!!!!

New owner. Searched the manual. Searched the vehicle. Nowhere to put coins for tolls? Someone please tell me I'm wrong........................................
Old 08-05-03, 05:29 PM
RC1818
Rookie

Default storage space IS lacking....

yeaaa.... cant believe this sucka dont have a coin slot!?!?!? im keeping mine in the flip storage above since it doesnt really fit any of my sunglasses.... only thing is annoying when u hear loose change jingling around over bumps... blaahh!!
Old 08-05-03, 06:10 PM
brent0226
Driver

Originally posted by Cessna172
The memory seats in the GX don't communicate with the key fobs. You have to change the settings after you get in and turn the vehicle on. I really wish it did though, I had that feature on my Corvette and it is very nice and convienent to have individualized key fobs with individual settings.

Another thing I have found out is the memory buttons only work when stopped and in Park.

Another annoying thing about the memory seats in the GX is if you need to adjust a setting, you can't save on the fly, you have to stop first and put the shifter in Park, which by that time I usually forget to resave, another feature I was used to in the Corvette.

As nice as the GX is inside, I think some things weren't as thought out as they could have been. For example, the placement of the window switches. I feel the switches are arrainged too far forward. When I go to open or close the front windows and try to do this without looking, I always end up hitting the rear window switches. Or the wimpy arm rests. I'm also a little dissappointed with the lack of storage space, especially when equipped with the DVD player.

I can't believe the car doesn't communicate with the keys. I though that's what memory seats is all about Navigators do it... hell, even my Jetta does. Oh well
Old 08-05-03, 07:50 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Re: AND WHERE'S THE COIN HOLDER!!!!!!!

Originally posted by stevelaw
New owner. Searched the manual. Searched the vehicle. Nowhere to put coins for tolls? Someone please tell me I'm wrong........................................
Uhhh...EZ PASS???
Old 08-05-03, 08:52 PM
mogulbumm
Rookie

Ashtray = great coin storage. Not noisy at all (unless you only have 2 or 3 coins in there). EZ Pass = better no-coin storage.
Old 08-05-03, 09:51 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

I use the ash tray too, but you end up having to remove it to get anything out. I guess they figure you don't need change if you drive one!!
Old 08-06-03, 07:32 AM
stevelaw
Driver

Default EZ PASS

I do have the Fla version of EZ PASS, called SunPass, but it does not work in every toll system in Florida, thus the need to keep a few back-up coins laying around. Guess we'll just have to wait the extra 30 seconds in the change lane!!!!
Old 08-06-03, 08:50 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Kbach
I wish there was more storage in the back for the ball hitch and wiring connector. Mine is in a canvas bag, but it's still in the way. If I take it out and put it in the garage, I'm sure I'll never find them again!!!
there is open one of the rear side compartments
it fits in there prefectly took me a while to realize it i found it a week before i returned my vehicle
Old 08-06-03, 09:14 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

When you guys open up your rear windows, does it have a sound like the windows are loose and kind of move from one side to the other when you touch them? I just noticed that this summer when I started opening up my windows.

2003 Lexus GX470
Sand Dollar Pearl
Charcoal Interior
6th GX470 in Fresno
2nd Sand Dollar Pearl
1st Sand Dollar Pearl GX470 with Charcoal Interior and no third seat
The only one without the third seat in Fresno

Quick Reply: How to link keys with memory seats