GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Discount for New 2023 GX460

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-24, 07:29 PM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Discount for New 2023 GX460

Has anyone bought a new 2023 GX460 lately? As these are being sold out at dealers, any idea what type of discount I should/can expect to get? I've seen some fairly large discount were had back in December, but not sure if these are still possible with the remaining inventory. Specifically, I am looking at a 2023 Premium Plus with an MSRP of 68,825. Any guidance or advice on negotiation tactics would be appreciated. Also, if you know of dealers offering great discounts that still have vehicles, I'd love to hear about that as well. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-24, 09:09 PM
JJT168
2nd gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Taysdad
Has anyone bought a new 2023 GX460 lately? As these are being sold out at dealers, any idea what type of discount I should/can expect to get? I've seen some fairly large discount were had back in December, but not sure if these are still possible with the remaining inventory. Specifically, I am looking at a 2023 Premium Plus with an MSRP of 68,825. Any guidance or advice on negotiation tactics would be appreciated. Also, if you know of dealers offering great discounts that still have vehicles, I'd love to hear about that as well. Thanks in advance.
New member here and got my GX 12/30/23 after months of research and monitoring prices. I was set on Luxury trim with off-road package white with black interior. I called several dealerships and had them compete for my business, not easy but eventually found 2 dealers who worked with me. You must shop around and take your time. The dealers I worked with were about 20 miles away from each other. Do not make them feel you are desperate to buy. You should ask for out the door price. I got mine after I offered $73k OTD after I told them I will be there before they close for the day. I am in CA so sales tax is ~10%. I still check prices and there are still a lot available.

Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 01:32 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by JJT168
New member here and got my GX 12/30/23 after months of research and monitoring prices. I was set on Luxury trim with off-road package white with black interior. I called several dealerships and had them compete for my business, not easy but eventually found 2 dealers who worked with me. You must shop around and take your time. The dealers I worked with were about 20 miles away from each other. Do not make them feel you are desperate to buy. You should ask for out the door price. I got mine after I offered $73k OTD after I told them I will be there before they close for the day. I am in CA so sales tax is ~10%. I still check prices and there are still a lot available.

Best of luck!
Many have purchased the 23 GX460 Luxury in California and elsewhere for $65k to $66k OTD after discounts. I think that the discounts are less right now wherever there’s only a few GX’s left in stock. Lexus dealers are giving less discounts on the remaking stock of GX’s right now from what I’m hearing.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-18-24 at 08:02 AM.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 07:54 AM
magicview
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, that's true. in late Nov/early Dec there was big discount around 12k-15k off. in the past weeks there was some dealers offering about 9-10k off in soCal area. now the stock volume is low and options are less. I got mine a week ago.

Originally Posted by glamglam
Many have purchased the 23 GX460 Lixury in California and elsewhere for $65k to $66k OTD after discounts. I think that the discounts are less right now wherever there’s only a few GX’s left in stock. Lexus dealers are giving less discounts on the remaking stock of GX’s right now from what I’m hearing.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 08:42 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by magicview
yeah, that's true. in late Nov/early Dec there was big discount around 12k-15k off. in the past weeks there was some dealers offering about 9-10k off in soCal area. now the stock volume is low and options are less. I got mine a week ago.
I’ve heard of $10k to $12k discounts but not more than that. I live up here in the northeast and the most discounts that I’ve heard of for up here in my area is between $7,000 to $9,000. I was able to get the Lexus dealership where I purchased my 23 GX460 Sport Premium Plus to give me up to an $8,500 discount off the msrp price of $68,120. They wouldn’t go any higher than that. Also, there were only 8 GX’s left on the lot and 2 in the showroom. They had 21 GX’s on the lot 3 weeks earlier just after New Year’s when I drove through their lot. They sold 13 of the 21 GX’s in a matter of 2 to 3 weeks and were leftover with the 8 that were on the lot. I don’t know what type of discounts that they gave on all the ones that they sold. But I do know that back in the end of August I purchased another brand new 23 GX460 in Premium Plus and I was able to get a $7,111 discount off the msrp on it. I ended up trading it in for my 2nd GX460 on January 20th for the 23 GX460 Sport Premium Plus that I currently own now. Maybe the discount that I got on the second one was better because of my trade in. I don’t know. I received $52,500 for my trade. They went up from $50,000 to $52,000 on my trade and then went up another $500 to $52,500 on it and also went up an extra $500 on the discount for the new 23 GX460 Sport Premium Plus from $8,000 to $8,500. I spent over 2 hours haggling with the sales manager back and forth. At the end, they wouldn’t go up anymore on the discount or on my trade in. I think that $8,500 was the most that I was able to squeeze out for the discount and $52,500 for my trade from the dealer. Trying to get anything more would’ve been very hard. I believe that the only reason why they stretched the discount is because this is the 3rd Lexus that I purchased from this particular dealer.

The only thing that I purchased that I wanted to include in the deal with the discount were the all weather floor mats and cargo mat and the cargo carpet mat which was an extra $500 retail, but they gave them to me at 10% off at $470. They wouldn’t throw those in for me for free with the deal. So I was going to pay for them during the day that I would get delivery of my vehicle. They ordered them for me on a separate invoice separately from the purchase invoice and they put them in the vehicle on the day when I picked the vehicle up. However, when I received delivery of my brand new GX, I noticed that the black plastic stepping pads on both the drivers side and on the passenger side had scratches on them that the prep crew put on them when they were preparing the vehicle for delivery. They were at fault for this. There were no scratches on the stepping pads when the vehicle was in the lot before they prepped it for delivery. I took delivery of the vehicle with the scratches on the stepping pads, so I ended up not paying for the mats because of this. I would think that the extra $470 to $500 for the all weather floor mats, cargo mat and cargo carpet that I didn’t pay for because of the sloppiness of the prep crew brought the total discount of my GX up to around $9,000. That’s if you include that $470-$500 into the equation on the discount from the purchase price.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-18-24 at 08:50 AM.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 08:49 AM
superstar555
10th Gear

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Purchased yesterday. 2023 GX460 Premium Plus Captains. 12% off MSRP. Texas.

They will make some of this back as I had to finance at a stupid high rate, but I'll make 3 payments and then pay it off. Dealership gets a kickback from financing it. Yes, I included the 3 months of interest in the 12% off figure above. A little more complicated, but not the first time I've done this with a new car.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 09:09 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by superstar555
Purchased yesterday. 2023 GX460 Premium Plus Captains. 12% off MSRP. Texas.

They will make some of this back as I had to finance at a stupid high rate, but I'll make 3 payments and then pay it off. Dealership gets a kickback from financing it. Yes, I included the 3 months of interest in the 12% off figure above. A little more complicated, but not the first time I've done this with a new car.
Doesn’t Lexus still offer the 2.49% special promotional low interest rate for 48 months/4 years until March 4th, 2024? For 5 years/60 months the Lexus special promotional rate is 4.9%.

At exactly what interest rate did your Lexus dealer give you the financing for and for how many years? The biggest reason why I traded my August 23 GX purchase was because at the time when I purchased it, Lexus didn’t offer the special promotional 2.49% and 4.49% financing and with top tier 850+ credit the vehicle was financed for 8.15% for 7 years which I didn’t like at all. I didn’t know anything about the special financing until I called the dealer to see if I could trade my 23 Premium Plus Black Onyx GX460 for a different color because I didn’t like the black exterior color. I called during the 2nd week of January and the salesman talked me out of trading my GX because he thought that I would lose money on it. He was supposed to call me back in a day or two to find out for me whether or not he can do the deal. He failed to call me back and I called him one week later and that’s when he told me about the special promotional financing. One whole week went by and I was angry because that meant that they sold half of their GX460 stock that was in their lot.

I acted quickly and drove down to the dealer to see what they had leftover for GX460’s. They had 4 Nebula Gray, 1 Atomic Silver, 1 Nighfall Mica, 1 Eminent White Pearl left in their lot and 1 more Eminent White Pearl and 1 more Nebula Gray in their showroom. Their other location that was further away had another 5 GX’s on their lot but mostly Luxury Sport models. I ended up getting the Eminent White Pearl Sport Premium Plus that was in their lot which was actually one of the last GX460’s to be delivered to them 20 days earlier.

In a nutshell, I was able to get the 2.49% promotional interest rate and save over $15,000 in interest payments and I was also able to shave off 32 months from the loan term. I got the 4 years/48 months financing term. So I saved a lot of money and shortened the loan term by trading in my other GX for this brand new one. The total interest payments over 4 years/48 months that I will be making on this new 23 Eminent White Pearl GX460 will be $2,870. It’s a big difference from the $15,000-$16,000 in interest payments that I would’ve been making on my other Black Onyx GX460 that I traded in.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-18-24 at 09:49 AM.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 10:40 AM
CarsSteakGunsWatches
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

8600 off of a premium in the DC area last month. I was watching the inventory since October and it dropped significantly in December. With that said, I think I could've received a slightly better deal (maybe another 1k off) then (december) when the delay in the 2024s wasn't known and they needed these 2023s off of the lot. It wasnt easy getting the discount I did as I called a few dozen dealers from NJ to Florida to see where the prices fall and 7k seemed to be the consistent best and final # off of msrp on premium and premium plus. Those 12-15k off deals I read about from SoCal didnt seem to trickle over to the east coast at any point. Texas dealers are still sitting on a lot of cars but they dont want to budge more than a few grand off of msrp, so not worth it to travel there to drive back or arrange shipping.

Last edited by CarsSteakGunsWatches; 02-18-24 at 12:52 PM.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 12:16 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarsSteakGunsWatches
8600 off of a premium in the DC area last month. I was watching the inventory since October and it dropped significantly in December. With that said, I think I could've received a slightly better deal (maybe another 1k off) then when the delay in the 2024s wasn't known and they needed these 2023s off of the lot. It wasnt easy getting the discount I did as I called a few dozen dealers from NJ to Florida to see where the prices fall and 7k seemed to be the consistent best and final # off of msrp on premium and premium plus. Those 12-15k off deals I read about from SoCal didnt seem to trickle over to the east coast at any point. Texas dealers are still sitting on a lot of cars but they dont want to budge more than a few grand off of msrp, so not worth it to travel there to drive back or arrange shipping.
You’re right about that. Those $12k-$15 discounts off the msrp do not exist on the East coast. I just checked online and the local Lexus dealers up here in the northeast now only have anywhere from 2 to 4 GX460’s left in stock. This is the last of their stock. That’s it. And 98% of the remaining ones are in the undesirable Nebula Gray with the Rioja Red or the Black interior. The buyers who can grab those last 2 and 4 remaining GX’s at each dealership will be very lucky. The only thing bad about this will be that they will have a very slim picking on exterior/interior colors and packages. Most of the leftover 23 GX460’s that are in dealer lots are a the Premium Packages, Sport Premium Plus Packages and a few Luxury Sport Packages. That’s it. Maybe Lexus will sell out all the 23 GX’s this week during Presidents Day Holiday.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-18-24 at 12:38 PM.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 01:37 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Cargurus is only showing about 250 new ‘23s available nationwide.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 02:01 PM
superstar555
10th Gear

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Something like 8.5% for 72 months.

I said it was stupid. I only agreed to get my 12% off MSRP. The dealer is making money from the bank, not from me. I'll pay off the truck after I've made my 3rd payment and the dealer gets their finance bonus.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 02:22 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by superstar555
Something like 8.5% for 72 months.

I said it was stupid. I only agreed to get my 12% off MSRP. The dealer is making money from the bank, not from me. I'll pay off the truck after I've made my 3rd payment and the dealer gets their finance bonus.
Yes, you’re right. That interest rate is crazy. So basically your loan is about the same interest rate like mine used to be on the first 23 GX460 that I purchased back in August 2023. I got 8.15% for 84 months/7years. I only made 4 payments for my first 23 GX. Then I traded it in after 4 months for the current 23 GX460 and I was able to get the low promotional 2.49% interest rate that Lexus offered.

I’m surprised that Lexus didn’t offer you the 2.49% interest rate. Did they not have the 2.49% promotional interest rate when you purchased your 23 GX460?

How does the dealer make money from the bank when we purchase our GX’s with a loan? Does the bank give them a percentage commission on the balance of the loan? How does this work? I’m curious to find this out.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-18-24 at 02:26 PM.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 02:30 PM
Clk55r1d3h
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine a month ago Glendale Lexus here in Cali. Premium 12k off msrp which includes the 2k cash rebate. I just talk to my guy, they're doing 7500 of msrp plus 2500 cash rebate so it's less now but still good deal.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 02:33 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acrad
Cargurus is only showing about 250 new ‘23s available nationwide.
Wow! That’s not many at all. It looks like 99.9% of all 23 GX460’s are all sold out and gone now. The 250 that are left nationwide will more than likely all be sold out this week or in the next 2 weeks from now. It will be a sad day when the last leftover brand new 23 GX460 gets sold and disappears from the Lexus dealership.
Taysdad (02-18-24)
Old 02-18-24, 02:36 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Clk55r1d3h
Got mine a month ago Glendale Lexus here in Cali. Premium 12k off msrp which includes the 2k cash rebate. I just talk to my guy, they're doing 7500 of msrp plus 2500 cash rebate so it's less now but still good deal.
California still has some really excellent discounts. These types of California discounts don’t exist up here in the northeast or on the east coast. We’re lucky if we can get a $7,000-$8,000 discount on a brand new leftover 23 GX460 over here.
Taysdad (02-18-24)

Quick Reply: Discount for New 2023 GX460