GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Rhino Rack Vortex crossbars in Blackline legs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-24, 12:14 PM
cljones
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rhino Rack Vortex crossbars in Blackline legs?

Does anyone know if the Rhino Rack Vortex crossbars are the same as the Lexus Blackline cross bars?

I have the Lexus Blackline Crossbars (PZQ30-60205) (bars and legs/towers) with my raised roof rails on my GX460, but the crossbars are 50 inches and I would like to get longer crossbars. It looks like the Lexus Blackline Crossbars and feet are made by Rhino Rack, and I'm wondering if the Rhino Rack Vortex crossbars will fit the legs/towers that came with the Lexus Blackline Crossbars (this would be cheaper than buying a new set of legs/towers and crossbars from Yakima or Thule).

Any insight or thoughts from anyone with experience with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee
Old 06-07-24, 12:03 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

I’m using my OEM Lexus clamps on a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform. Your planned application should work with no issues.

The following users liked this post:
cljones (06-10-24)
Old 06-17-24, 10:14 AM
cljones
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to close the loop on this, I ordered some 60" Rhino Vortex crossbars, and they mounted and fit with the Lexus Blackline feet, replacing the 50" Blackline crossbars.

Interestingly, the Blackline crossbar end caps (with locks), did not fit the new Rhino Vortex bars. It was very very close, and I probably could have shaved a little plastic from the fins that go into the bar on the Blackline end caps to get them to fit. The mounting hardware appeared to match up perfectly, but there must be some slight difference in the bars since the end caps were not swappable. Regardless, I'm happy with the longer Rhino Vortex bars mounted in the Blackline feet.
The following users liked this post:
Siblue (06-17-24)