GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-23, 06:26 AM
RB10
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking First Post and First GX!

Hey everyone,

Glad to be part of the GX crowd now! I just traded in my 2019 Grand Cherokee Summit for a 2018 GX460 in nebula gray with black interior. It's a tank and I already love it. While my Grand Cherokee was an awesome ride (quilted leather, air suspension, great sound system), I wanted something that was built to last and I could modify.

Mine is a GX460 premium. I've got some plans for it so if anyone can point me in the right direction or give advice (I've already looked at the GXOR tire/wheel database) that'd be great:

I am oscillating between 265/70/R17 with -10 to 0 offset wheels or 275/70/R17 with 0 to 10mm offset. Want to keep it stock height for a while and have it look aggressive. Has anyone done a similar tire size or know which offset would be best between those?

Thanks and excited to be here!

The following 4 users liked this post by RB10:
blackangus (05-04-23), RDLGX (05-03-23), Trexus (05-03-23), vhercules (05-04-23)
Old 05-03-23, 06:55 AM
jtzunami
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RB10
Hey everyone,

Glad to be part of the GX crowd now! I just traded in my 2019 Grand Cherokee Summit for a 2018 GX460 in nebula gray with black interior. It's a tank and I already love it. While my Grand Cherokee was an awesome ride (quilted leather, air suspension, great sound system), I wanted something that was built to last and I could modify.

Mine is a GX460 premium. I've got some plans for it so if anyone can point me in the right direction or give advice (I've already looked at the GXOR tire/wheel database) that'd be great:

I am oscillating between 265/70/R17 with -10 to 0 offset wheels or 275/70/R17 with 0 to 10mm offset. Want to keep it stock height for a while and have it look aggressive. Has anyone done a similar tire size or know which offset would be best between those?

Thanks and excited to be here!

beautiful! Congrats! If it’s your first, welcome to the Toyota/Lexus family! I definitely missed it when we had the wrangler. So we had to go back! Recently made a pick up like you! Left a Jeep to grab an ‘18 Nebula Gray.
just threw on some new wheels and tires over the weekend. Homie hooked it up w a set of SSW Raptors 17x9 -12 offset. The -12 offset pushes out and lines up perfectly flush with the body. No more muffin top, as they say. Threw some 275/70/17 Cooper AT3 LT on em. All on stock suspension so I definitely had to do some cutting on the liners as well. Would’ve rubbed like crazy on the liners. No immediate plans for suspension any time soon. I want to! But it’ll prob be on the road 90 percent of the time. Here’s mine. Stoked for you

and welcome again!

Last edited by jtzunami; 05-03-23 at 06:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jtzunami:
RDLGX (05-03-23), vhercules (05-04-23)
Old 05-04-23, 07:29 AM
RB10
7th Gear

Originally Posted by RichGX460
Aloha All,

1. 2022 Luxury model 9710E
2. Color: Claret Mica (external) Ecru with Gray Sapele wood trim and aluminum trim (interior)
3. Mark Levinson system
4. Options: Off-road package, Sport design package

19-inch split six spoke alloy wheels with dark gray and machined finish, Dunlop grand trek tires

Exhaust tip with gunmetal metallic finish, scarlet taillamps

Wrapped front satin black

Chrome deleted with satin black wrap (mirrors, door handles, and window trim). Tinted front and rear windows. Replaced stock wheels with 17x8.5 Almax USA AM-801 Wheels with 245/70R17 Yokohama Ice Guard G075 winter tires.

Front view: Chrome deleted with satin black wrap. Tinted front and rear windows. Replaced stock wheels with 17x8.5 Almax USA AM-801 Wheels with 245/70R17 Yokohama Ice Guard G075 winter tires.

Rear view: Chrome deleted with satin black wrap. Tinted front and rear windows. Replaced stock wheels with 17x8.5 Almax USA AM-801 Wheels with 245/70R17 Yokohama Ice Guard G075 winter tires.
This is beautiful! Great job. Funny enough, I used to live right where you are in the Springs if I'm correct in where I'm thinking. The Northgate/Interquest and Briargate area was exploding with growth! We sadly moved back to the east coast, but will be back one day.
Old 05-04-23, 07:31 AM
RB10
7th Gear

Yours looks AWESOME. Great job and appreciate the advice. I think I may go with 275/70/R17, KMC Impact OL or Black Rhino Aliso wheels in machined silver with a 0 offset (17x8 or 8.5). I feel like it would just be enough to make them flush with the fenders and not have the wheels "tucked" like you said!
Old 05-04-23, 07:32 AM
RB10
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jtzunami
beautiful! Congrats! If it’s your first, welcome to the Toyota/Lexus family! I definitely missed it when we had the wrangler. So we had to go back! Recently made a pick up like you! Left a Jeep to grab an ‘18 Nebula Gray.
just threw on some new wheels and tires over the weekend. Homie hooked it up w a set of SSW Raptors 17x9 -12 offset. The -12 offset pushes out and lines up perfectly flush with the body. No more muffin top, as they say. Threw some 275/70/17 Cooper AT3 LT on em. All on stock suspension so I definitely had to do some cutting on the liners as well. Would’ve rubbed like crazy on the liners. No immediate plans for suspension any time soon. I want to! But it’ll prob be on the road 90 percent of the time. Here’s mine. Stoked for you

and welcome again!
Yours looks AWESOME. Great job and appreciate the advice. I think I may go with 275/70/R17, KMC Impact OL or Black Rhino Aliso wheels in machined silver with a 0 offset (17x8 or 8.5). I feel like it would just be enough to make them flush with the fenders and not have the wheels "tucked" like you said! Let me know what you think about that. (also I responded on a different thread before - sorry I have no idea how to work this forum yet)
Old 05-04-23, 08:47 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice! Thanks for the image. Love your idea about buying another. I've always wanted to have matching vehicles, but never managed it. That has to be the CLEANEST GARAGE I've ever seen.
Old 05-04-23, 08:51 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

tough looking stance. nice job.
Old 05-08-23, 05:43 AM
JMN322
1st Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1st Lexus (GX 460)

Just got a 2015 GX 460 Luxury Edition with 80k miles from the local dealer 2.5 miles from my house. Has all the service records and all done by Lexus dealers. Previous owner also did more maintenance than recommended (more frequent fluid changes on drivetrain, etc). Has driver support package with crawl control, ML stereo, etc. Been looking for months for one exactly like this and didn’t even bother haggling at the $34k price tag as I know how rare they are. It’s white with brown leather interior and aside from slightly worn carpet mats, it’s perfect. No dings, no accidents, and just a couple rock chips on grill. I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks to all you forum posters I am a lot smarter about my vehicle than I would be otherwise.

Traded in my VW Touareg for it (good riddance!). I’m looking forward to years of trouble free service!
The following 6 users liked this post by JMN322:
blackangus (05-08-23), FastTurtle (05-08-23), Funk101 (05-08-23), RDLGX (05-11-23), Richie7 (05-22-23), tntcandy (05-09-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-08-23, 06:50 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the GX gang!

Originally Posted by JMN322
Just got a 2015 GX 460 Luxury Edition with 80k miles from the local dealer 2.5 miles from my house. Has all the service records and all done by Lexus dealers. Previous owner also did more maintenance than recommended (more frequent fluid changes on drivetrain, etc). Has driver support package with crawl control, ML stereo, etc. Been looking for months for one exactly like this and didn’t even bother haggling at the $34k price tag as I know how rare they are. It’s white with brown leather interior and aside from slightly worn carpet mats, it’s perfect. No dings, no accidents, and just a couple rock chips on grill. I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks to all you forum posters I am a lot smarter about my vehicle than I would be otherwise.

Traded in my VW Touareg for it (good riddance!). I’m looking forward to years of trouble free service!
The following users liked this post:
RDLGX (05-11-23)
Old 05-19-23, 12:16 PM
Silva527
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello GX members. I am not new to the forum as we have two RX350's. Yesterday, I picked up a 2010 GX460 Premium with 113k miles, two previous owners. Good service history from Lexus and a local Lexus Indy shop near my area. The exterior is in good condition with some blemishes but nothing major. The interior is in great condition. Drives nice and I can definitely feel the difference in the drive between the GX and RX350.

I am scheduled to have the ATF changed next week.

Other items I need to address is the cracked chrome on the door handles. I've been reading a lot about this in the forum. Will see how to handle.

Today I gave it my own detail with wash, clay bar and rotary buffer. I may take to a detail shop to see if they can do better on some water stains on the roof and a small section of the hood, other than this the exterior is in good condition for the age.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to learning more about the GX.

Thanks,

The following 4 users liked this post by Silva527:
FastTurtle (05-19-23), nuclearn8 (05-25-23), RDLGX (05-20-23), Richie7 (05-22-23)
Old 05-19-23, 01:32 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats on the new GX!

Originally Posted by Silva527
Hello GX members. I am not new to the forum as we have two RX350's. Yesterday, I picked up a 2010 GX460 Premium with 113k miles, two previous owners. Good service history from Lexus and a local Lexus Indy shop near my area. The exterior is in good condition with some blemishes but nothing major. The interior is in great condition. Drives nice and I can definitely feel the difference in the drive between the GX and RX350.

Other items I need to address is the cracked chrome on the door handles. I've been reading a lot about this in the forum. Will see how to handle.

Today I gave it my own detail with wash, clay bar and rotary buffer. I may take to a detail shop to see if they can do better on some water stains on the roof and a small section of the hood, other than this the exterior is in good condition for the age.

Thanks,
The following users liked this post:
RDLGX (05-20-23)
Old 05-19-23, 08:10 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

love that color. congrats and welcome.
Old 05-21-23, 08:40 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 743 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Silva527

Thanks,
Gorgeous color and nice to see more people from Houston. We've got a few great indy shops here in the area if you run into any problems.
Old 05-21-23, 02:28 PM
silva1181
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Romanova
Gorgeous color and nice to see more people from Houston. We've got a few great indy shops here in the area if you run into any problems.

Thank You.

I have an appointment on Tuesday to have ATF and other fluids changed at an Indy shop in Willis, named ToyoMasters. I took my previous Tundra and RX350 to them for service. It’s a bit out of my way but they do good quality work.

Old 05-22-23, 01:41 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks sharp! I really think you will love this suv. Although it is larger than our RX350, my wife now loves our GX460 more. The ride is so smooth and you sit up higher. Hope you like yours too!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE