GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-23 | 09:40 AM
Silva527
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Romanova
Gorgeous color and nice to see more people from Houston. We've got a few great indy shops here in the area if you run into any problems.
Romanova, I meant to ask you if you're familiar with these Indy shops in the Houston area. Based on the websites both of the shops are owned by former Toyota Master Techs. I haven't visited either of these but based on reviews I plan to when I need oil changes or other services.

Todd's Auto Car (TAC) in Cypress
Kennedy Auto Solution in Tomball

I am familiar with Duggy's Garage as well.

Thanks,

Last edited by Silva527; 05-22-23 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-22-23 | 09:42 AM
Silva527
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Richie7
Looks sharp! I really think you will love this suv. Although it is larger than our RX350, my wife now loves our GX460 more. The ride is so smooth and you sit up higher. Hope you like yours too!
Thanks. I've only driven the GX a couple of times since purchasing it May 18, reason is I want to get the catalytic converter plate installed tomorrow. I bought the one from Talon's garage. It was a quick purchase since their shop is located less than a miles from my home. I was able to pick it up same day.
Old 05-22-23 | 03:07 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by Silva527
Romanova, I meant to ask you if you're familiar with these Indy shops in the Houston area. Based on the websites both of the shops are owned by form Toyota Master Techs. I haven't visited either of these but based on reviews I plan to when I need oil changes or other services.

Todd's Auto Car (TAC) in Cypress
Kennedy Auto Solution in Tomball

I am familiar with Duggy's Garage as well.

Thanks,
Duggy's was a huge turn off when I reached out to them about doing some suspension work. Todd's Auto Care is actually 2 minutes from my house but I have no experience with them. I used Clear Choice in the Woodlands a few times but had some good experiences and some not so good experiences... and they are almost as expensive as the dealer.

Now I only use TEQ Auto Solutions and Off-Road. They let you bring your own OEM parts and the labor charge is super reasonable. Even though it's quite a drive for me, he earned my business. They recently did a water pump, fan clutch, fan clutch bracket, rear KDSS bushings, alternator, serp belt, etc for a really reasonable amount. https://www.teqautosolutions.com/

Check their Google reviews and you'll see mine on there.
Old 05-23-23 | 10:48 AM
Silva527
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Romanova
Duggy's was a huge turn off when I reached out to them about doing some suspension work. Todd's Auto Care is actually 2 minutes from my house but I have no experience with them. I used Clear Choice in the Woodlands a few times but had some good experiences and some not so good experiences... and they are almost as expensive as the dealer.

Now I only use TEQ Auto Solutions and Off-Road. They let you bring your own OEM parts and the labor charge is super reasonable. Even though it's quite a drive for me, he earned my business. They recently did a water pump, fan clutch, fan clutch bracket, rear KDSS bushings, alternator, serp belt, etc for a really reasonable amount. https://www.teqautosolutions.com/

Check their Google reviews and you'll see mine on there.
Thanks again. Did not know about TEQ, but will definitely keep them on my list for future services. I had the ATF and Diff/Transfer case, O&F changed today by ToyoMasters. Also had them install the Talons CC plate.
Old 05-26-23 | 05:52 AM
Viktor402155
2nd gear

Hello
My Lexus is a GX460 2019
Basic Package
Nebula Gray/Nav/ML/Remote Start
Black/ Ecru
The following users liked this post:
FastTurtle (06-01-23)
Old 05-30-23 | 04:55 AM
billliuyu
2nd gear

1. Year and package
3. Color or the exterior and interior
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson
4. Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc)

1. 2019 GX460 Platinum Middle East
2. White 077-Starfire exterior and Brown Interior
3. With MIDDLEEAST Navigation and With Mark Levinson
4. AVS/MULTI-TERRIAN/KDSS/BSM/REMOTE START/ACC
FastTurtle (06-01-23)
Old 06-01-23 | 02:42 PM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

'23 Luxury
Atomic Silver/Sephia
Nav +MML
Sport Design + Multi-terrain monitor

The following 7 users liked this post by irishbrahm:
blackangus (06-05-23), FastTurtle (06-01-23), pacnwatx (06-01-23), RDLGX (07-16-23), SEELEXUS (06-01-23), tntcandy (06-01-23), Trexus (06-02-23) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-13-23 | 11:10 AM
vhercules
10th Gear

Hello,

Picked up a 2013 GX460 Black colour with the sport package (dunno other than the grill and rims what else is on this package) some weeks ago. I believe its the base model which was called Executive in Canada - so no air suspension
Have been looking for an older model for a while now and finally found with a decent frame ... in the Canadian salt belt its sad to see these magnificent vehicles have a premature end of life due to RUST !!
Picked it up from a Toyota dealership and found some basic records, so changed out the diff / transfer case and tranny fluids.

Last edited by vhercules; 06-14-23 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-13-23 | 12:33 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vhercules
Hello,

Picked up a 2013 GX460 Black colour with the sport package (dunno other than the grill and rims what else is on this package) some weeks ago. I believe its the base model which was called Executive in Canada - so no air suspension
Have been looking for an older model for a while now and finally found with a decent frame ... in the Canadian slat belt its sad to these magnificent vehicles have a premature end of life due to RUST !!
Picked it up from a Toyota dealership and found some basic records, so changed out the diff / transfer case and tranny fluids.
Congrat's In Canada the Executive package is top of the line and includes all options, the base model is the Premium.
vhercules (06-14-23)
Old 06-14-23 | 05:54 AM
vhercules
10th Gear

Originally Posted by IanG
Congrat's In Canada the Executive package is top of the line and includes all options, the base model is the Premium.
Ah ok, thanks for the correction
So the Toyota dealer told me there is no remote start and I was like well ok no big deal. A few weeks after picking her up I accidently press the lock button rapidly twice in a parking lot and heard the engine roar up to life
IanG (06-14-23)
Old 06-26-23 | 02:11 PM
Sasky460
Driver School Candidate

Greetings,

Just picked up today a 2011, white 460 Luxury (had previously posted a premium but it has the adjustable ride height and dampening), with 40K miles on it from an older lady who was the original owner. The vehicle is in almost brand new condition and was rarely driven for the last 13 or so years. I plan on keeping it for a while and doing some light upgrades, nothing major as it will most likely be used to get groceries, take the kids around, and go skiing in the mountains. I am just getting myself familiar with the platform and where it needs maintenance, etc. The previous owner just got the oil changed and serviced the KDSS system, could you guys tell me what other issues these vehicles my have? I am aware that water pumps tend to go around 200k miles but that is about it. I realize that I am little naive at the moment but I am just starting out on the platform and will learn quick. I spend lots of time on the MyG37 forums and love the community over there. Hoping this forum is the same.

Cheers

Last edited by Sasky460; 06-26-23 at 03:11 PM. Reason: had previously posted a premium but it has the adjustable ride height and dampening
The following 4 users liked this post by Sasky460:
blackangus (06-27-23), Hehena (06-27-23), Piney1 (06-27-23), vhercules (06-27-23)
Old 06-26-23 | 02:17 PM
xychromo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sasky460
Greetings,

Just picked up today a 2011, white 460 premium, with 40K miles on it from an older lady who was the original owner. The vehicle is in almost brand new condition and was rarely driven for the last 13 or so years. I plan on keeping it for a while and doing some light upgrades, nothing major as it will most likely be used to get groceries, take the kids around, and go skiing in the mountains. I am just getting myself familiar with the platform and where it needs maintenance, etc. The previous owner just got the oil changed and serviced the KDSS system, could you guys tell me what other issues these vehicles my have? I am aware that water pumps tend to go around 200k miles but that is about it. I realize that I am little naive at the moment but I am just starting out on the platform and will learn quick. I spend lots of time on the MyG37 forums and love the community over there. Hoping this forum is the same.

Cheers
Wow, what a score!! Enjoy your new ride. Do you have any more info on why the KDSS was serviced? I don't think that's a 'serviceable' system, unless there was a problem with it. Other than that, I would suggest baselining all the fluids, if the previous owner only did oil changes, then I'd want to change out the diff oils, brake fluid, coolant and transmission oil. Plus have the zerks lubed on the drive shaft. Check out this sticky for lots of maintenance info.

Old 06-26-23 | 02:42 PM
Sasky460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xychromo
Wow, what a score!! Enjoy your new ride. Do you have any more info on why the KDSS was serviced? I don't think that's a 'serviceable' system, unless there was a problem with it. Other than that, I would suggest baselining all the fluids, if the previous owner only did oil changes, then I'd want to change out the diff oils, brake fluid, coolant and transmission oil. Plus have the zerks lubed on the drive shaft. Check out this sticky for lots of maintenance info.
They said they had a pin replaced or something along those lines that got rusty. I have the service bill from the local Lexus stealership that costed them $6k for the service. I will dig through the rest of the maintenance records this week and see what else was done. Thanks for the direction. Will check out your sticky.
Old 06-27-23 | 07:03 AM
vhercules
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Sasky460

Greetings,

Just picked up today a 2011, white 460 Luxury (had previously posted a premium but it has the adjustable ride height and dampening), with 40K miles on it from an older lady who was the original owner. The vehicle is in almost brand new condition and was rarely driven for the last 13 or so years. I plan on keeping it for a while and doing some light upgrades, nothing major as it will most likely be used to get groceries, take the kids around, and go skiing in the mountains. I am just getting myself familiar with the platform and where it needs maintenance, etc. The previous owner just got the oil changed and serviced the KDSS system, could you guys tell me what other issues these vehicles my have? I am aware that water pumps tend to go around 200k miles but that is about it. I realize that I am little naive at the moment but I am just starting out on the platform and will learn quick. I spend lots of time on the MyG37 forums and love the community over there. Hoping this forum is the same.

Cheers
Looks great, congrats ! I got mine 2 months ago and changed all the diff / tranny fluids as I could not find any service records for those. Also did Krown rustproofing
Old 06-28-23 | 06:19 PM
Sasky460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vhercules
Looks great, congrats ! I got mine 2 months ago and changed all the diff / tranny fluids as I could not find any service records for those. Also did Krown rustproofing
I checked the service records on the GX and found a few codes, but it looks like the main culprit was a rusty connector pin on the sensor (codes C1831 and C1832) which lead to C1851. I checked under the driver's side and there are all new lines. This weekend I will probably pop off the cover for the sensor and take a deeper look.

I am also looking into a possible brake issue. The pedal seems a quite soft and I suspect air in the brakes lines or old fluid. Just for reference, does your brake pedal feel soft or is it quite firm? It is my first GX so I am not sure what is normal, I am assuming a soft pedal is not normal.

Any insight on the pedal is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE