GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-18, 01:11 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Welcome! Since that is a Ultra Premium from Canada does it have the cooler box in the console? Not sure if they all do or just an optional feature on top trim.

Originally Posted by konc3pt
Hello, new member here

2011 Ultra Premium with MTS and hitch, 62k miles.

Car is originally from Canada, will now spend rest of its life in warmer Northern California
Old 11-20-18, 02:11 PM
konc3pt
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Welcome! Since that is a Ultra Premium from Canada does it have the cooler box in the console? Not sure if they all do or just an optional feature on top trim.
Thanks!, unfortunately does not, this would have came in handy in this region during summer heatwaves
Old 11-20-18, 03:44 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Still cool optioned rig... already has MTS/Crawl and all of the other things like surround cameras, PCS, radar cruise...etc

One thing you might want to look at in future is to see if your left door has the wiring harness for the left side camera. Such a limited pool of vehicles to find out as only Canada or Puerto Rico AFAIK in North America. If so...that surround view monitor cable could be on your driver side. You'd still have to replace the mirror.

Long thread here if you have some time.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...a-support.html

A little more info on what I am talking about. US vehicles don't have the camera harnesses. Even if you don't plan to mod it but at some point have the door panel open at some point take some pics.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by konc3pt
Thanks!, unfortunately does not, this would have came in handy in this region during summer heatwaves
Old 11-20-18, 04:06 PM
konc3pt
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Still cool optioned rig... already has MTS/Crawl and all of the other things like surround cameras, PCS, radar cruise...etc

One thing you might want to look at in future is to see if your left door has the wiring harness for the left side camera. Such a limited pool of vehicles to find out as only Canada or Puerto Rico AFAIK in North America. If so...that surround view monitor cable could be on your driver side. You'd still have to replace the mirror.

Long thread here if you have some time.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...a-support.html

A little more info on what I am talking about. US vehicles don't have the camera harnesses. Even if you don't plan to mod it but at some point have the door panel open at some point take some pics.

Thanks!
Agreed, I'm not sure if the dealer fully knew what they had because the car was under priced, I for one didn't realize it was ultra trim until few days later. Initially was looking at chevy tahoe, honda pilot and nissan armada before mechanic friend mentioned this car, I'm glad I didn't end up with one of those other cars.

Thanks for the info on the camera!, I did notice there is a camera in the left mirror however was not able to get it to turn on by cycling with the camera button on the steering wheel and I didn't investigate any further
Old 11-20-18, 04:09 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Interesting... so you have the camera in left mirror... info on the Canadian models is hard to find.

See if putting it 4L turns that left mirror camera on. As long as you don't lock the center diff it is safe to do this on pavement.
Old 11-20-18, 11:13 PM
xplorr
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The Truck

I've been wanting to get out in the mountains to explore since moving to Reno, NV from out east and my Honda Civic wasn't up to the task. I decided on a 5th Gen 4Runner Trail/TRD Offroad with KDSS, but was not willing to buy new. In my research, I started reading more about the Lexus GX and since I was struggling to find a suitable used 4Runner within a couple of hours drive, I opened my shopping parameter's to include 2011-2012 GX's. Ended up landing a 2011 Lexus GX460 Base more readily and cheaper than a 4Runner and so far I've been very pleased with it and glad it worked out that way.

This photo is on a forest road 2.5 miles from my house as the crow flies (7.3 miles driving).

The following users liked this post:
bbqsoup (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 06:39 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Congratulations Xplorr! Nice ride!
Old 11-25-18, 08:25 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 591 Likes on 358 Posts

Been a member for a while... sold our 2007 4R Limited v6 back in Jul2017 and been in the market for a replacement since...

Finally found our deal and pulled the trigger on a lightly used 2017 Luxury, DSP totally loaded with everything, dvd's, fsport
Could not be happier with the deal... Literally not a scratch on it, perfect...
NM/ black color combo, 16,700 miles

Last edited by nuclearn8; 11-26-18 at 01:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HedgeFund (11-27-18)
Old 11-28-18, 06:43 AM
DBLex1
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Soap
2015 GX460 Luxury L/Certified purchased from a Lexus dealer in CO with 41,000 miles. (Options: Tow Hitch, Mark Levinson, Remote Start, 3M PPF, etc) Did the Uni-Mod last night and am scheduled to get a 3 step paint correction and 3 coats of Kenzo ceramic coating applied. Looking forward to being a contributing member of the GX forums.

Nice GX. Just curious...what’s the ‘uni-mod’ you are referring to?
Old 11-28-18, 07:39 AM
mall100
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not 100% sure I'm doing this right but if it doesn't post correctly I'll delete and figure it out.
2012 GX460 base that my wife drove as her daily and I had a 5th gen 4runner TE. She wanted a new car so I decided to keep the 460 and sell the 4runner. I'm a true toyota junkie and it was hard to part ways with the 5th gen but there were too many things about the 460 that I liked.
I have 285/75/17 Wild Peaks and Fuel Shoks sitting in my garage right now just waiting for me to make up my friggin mind on suspension.
Leaning towards just going with a basic Dobs set up and getting everything else dialed in (skids,sliders,bumpers, etc..) and then swapping out suspension in a year or so. Welcome to the worlds slowest 460 build. lol
I'll post pics when I get this thing lifted.
Really like this community and GXOR has been great also.
Cheers

Last edited by mall100; 11-28-18 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-28-18, 08:34 AM
mall100
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need that non-wood grain steering wheel !!
Old 11-28-18, 08:50 AM
xplorr
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DBLex1
Nice GX. Just curious...what’s the ‘uni-mod’ you are referring to?
This was my first mod as well.
https://www.metaltech4x4.com/blog/le...d-the-unimod-/
Old 11-30-18, 07:23 AM
TXredneck
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Howdy Y’all! Just picked up the wife’s new GX Lux with Drivers Support and Sport Design in Starfire pearl, Sepia interior with captains chairs. Took it to my paint protection guy and had the entire hood and both front fenders wrapped along with the front fascia, headlights and mirrors. Did a 5 year Feynlab ceramic coating on the paint and the wheel.

Brought it home in his trailer since it was raining and I wanted it to be clean for her when she jumped in it this morning.

Edit: is there a restriction on attaching images for newbs? I open the advanced manage attachment window an upload from my iPad and then when the window closes there are no current attachments.

Last edited by TXredneck; 11-30-18 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-30-18, 08:36 AM
TXredneck
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well I guess I finally figured it out.

This is her first Lexus. Finally punted Mercedes to the curb after the last one. The GL320 is a money pit. The last 2 benzes have been junk after the warranty runs out. Hoping this is as reliable long term as the reputation would suggest.

Last edited by TXredneck; 11-30-18 at 08:43 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TXredneck:
bbqsoup (11-30-18), bradj813 (02-15-20), lexusimon (06-19-20)
Old 12-13-18, 02:48 PM
RoadDawg
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nightfall Mica is a lovely color. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE