GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-19, 10:03 AM
Morazak7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
Saw your post of the GXOR group... welcome to the forum. Again, great pick up! Enjoy it!
Thanks Tyler!
Old 01-22-19, 02:30 PM
jsidesjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I put Weathertech all weather mats in mine. Made for the GX460 and includes 2 front, 2 rear and cargo liner in back. Had for 5 years now and still good as new. Here is a link for the 2013. You can dial in your year and model.

https://www.weathertech.com/lexus/2013/gx/
Old 01-24-19, 09:15 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Hello all, long time Lexus owner and forum member! I recently picked up a '19 GX460. I have always loved how they drive and quite like the size and overall feel. With the threat of the GX changing into something more modern, (I prefer the "older" Lexus feel and technology of these,) as well as large rebates that were in place, I felt that now was the time to do it.

I landed on an Onyx/Black premium package with bench seating equipped with optional extras such as the exhaust tip, tow hitch, door edge guards, and 3M PPF.

Some perks of working for a Lexus dealership, I was able to instantly swap off the silver premium package wheels and Bridgestone Dueler's for hyper silver luxury package wheels and Michelin Latitude tires.

Here she is the day she arrived off of the truck (11/09/2018):

Last edited by ThomasGS4; 01-24-19 at 09:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ThomasGS4:
Beachy (03-09-19), Trexus (01-28-19)
Old 01-24-19, 06:19 PM
Morazak7
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! Looks awesome!
Old 01-28-19, 08:04 AM
Funk101
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi all,

We bought our black/black 2017 with driver support in late November with 20k miles on the odometer. Used DS equipped GXs are very rare in South Florida so we had to get ours from NC.

So far we’ve added MTS, glass break sensor (I need to go back in and increase sensitivity), 3M tint on front windows, all interior and exterior leds, completed the tool set.

AliExpress OBD for auto-fold mirrors is on order. Looking forward to getting the sport tail lights at some point in the near future. I need to inspect the secondary air pump filter and might do the uni-mod soon. Might also add OEM roof RACK cross bars and Thule Motion XT but those are low priority for now.

So far we are really happy with our GX and very grateful for this forum.
Old 01-28-19, 05:20 PM
MandM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First One.

2018 Premium
White/Sepia
Nav.
Just got it so stock for now

The following users liked this post:
Beachy (03-09-19)
Old 01-29-19, 06:38 AM
Airpirate
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Funk101
Hi all,

We bought our black/black 2017 with driver support in late November with 20k miles on the odometer. Used DS equipped GXs are very rare in South Florida so we had to get ours from NC.

So far we’ve added MTS, glass break sensor (I need to go back in and increase sensitivity), 3M tint on front windows, all interior and exterior leds, completed the tool set.

AliExpress OBD for auto-fold mirrors is on order. Looking forward to getting the sport tail lights at some point in the near future. I need to inspect the secondary air pump filter and might do the uni-mod soon. Might also add OEM roof RACK cross bars and Thule Motion XT but those are low priority for now.

Welcome!
You have done a couple of things that I need to do, also. Front window tint and MTS. Where did you purchase the MTS module? Did you install it yourself?
Old 01-29-19, 06:58 AM
Morazak7
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,

Nice work! Sounds like you've made great progress. My LED's should be here today and I will be swapping the interior dome lights and the running boards lights .
Old 01-29-19, 07:45 AM
Funk101
Driver

Originally Posted by Morazak7
Nice work! Sounds like you've made great progress. My LED's should be here today and I will be swapping the interior dome lights and the running boards lights .
That’s great, it makes a big difference.

The front dome lights can be a pain, I found out after the fact on this forum, you can wrap the bulb with tape to pull them off easier.
Old 01-29-19, 07:55 AM
Funk101
Driver

Originally Posted by Airpirate
Welcome!
You have done a couple of things that I need to do, also. Front window tint and MTS. Where did you purchase the MTS module? Did you install it yourself?
Thanks!

I purchased the MTS module from my local Lexus dealer. I paid about 10% more than online but got the part the next day, and peace of mind. I installed myself using the glass break sensor instructions but I’ve seen a post which they recommended using the remote start install instructions. Either one will show the right order to take the panels/glovebox off. The only tricky part was dislodging the knee airbag assembly. It required a bit more force than the other panels.

EDIT: Part number for my 2017 was 859A1-60040. There is a different part number for pre-2014.

Last edited by Funk101; 01-29-19 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-29-19, 08:27 AM
Funk101
Driver

Originally Posted by MandM
Just got it so stock for now
So many features on these things, months later you’ll still be discovering new things.

Congrats!
Old 01-30-19, 10:43 PM
Morazak7
Driver School Candidate

That’s great, it makes a big difference.

The front dome lights can be a pain, I found out after the fact on this forum, you can wrap the bulb with tape to pull them off easier.
All done with the LED swap. It was pretty straight forward. As you said, the bulbs are a bit slippy with bare fingers. I ended up using a table napkin and the plier function of my Leatherman to gently grip the bulb and extract it. Interior took 10 min tops to swap all 6 bulbs. The running boards were a bit more challenging as from my vantage point under the car, you can't see the socket it's going into. The first one took about 10 minutes of finagling to get it back in, but the other three took about 10 min in total once I got the hang of it.
Old 02-06-19, 07:37 AM
MCDavis
Rookie

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Wanted to introduce myself. Just picked up a 2016 Premium Package in Silver Lining with Black interior. KDSS. No RSES.
One owner lease out of Florida (thus no front plate bracket - dealer owes me this).

Plans:
35% tint (installed)
LED interior and exterior swap (complete)
Dobinson's 50mm front & 45mm rear suspension kit. Comfort valved with KDSS compensation
Relations Race Wheels RR5-V in 20"x9" 0mm
BFG KO2 in 275/55/20
3D Maxpider front and middle row mats
Curt trailer hitch
12v Solutions remote start

Just got out of a heavily modified 2017 Tacoma, and I'm looking forward to keeping this one pretty mild. Took delivery on 2/2 and enjoying every minute thus far. Happy to be a part of the Toyota/Lexus fam still!

Last edited by MCDavis; 02-10-19 at 06:56 PM.
Beachy (03-09-19)
Old 02-06-19, 06:49 PM
Funk101
Driver

Congrats and welcome!
MCDavis (02-07-19)
Old 02-07-19, 08:12 AM
xplorr
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MCDavis
Dobinson's 50mm front & 45mm rear suspension kit. Comfort valved with KDSS compensation
Welcome! I'm leaning towards this suspension option as well, but enjoying stock capabilities for the time being on mine. Maybe next year. Looks like you could use a dedicated build thread!
MCDavis (02-07-19)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE