GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-19, 06:57 PM
4literrang
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my L/certified 2016 nebula GX premium for a week now and we love it!
Old 06-06-19, 03:59 PM
UltramanGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New GX Owner

Hello, just wanted to say hi and post my first post! I am a proud new owner of a Black 2014 GX Base.

I came from a 2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i M Package. Great car but I needed the 3rd row and tired of new issues popping up often now.

Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.
The following users liked this post:
MCDavis (06-07-19)
Old 06-09-19, 07:49 AM
MedinaJ78
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Jeff,
In NJ, picked up my GX about a month ago, traded in my 2014 Pilot for it...miss it, missing it less as I get used to the GX....Loving the Body on frame feel over the unibody on the Pilot.

I don't think I'll ever get over the storage from my Pilot. Really want a bug deflector, seeing the best one is the sourced from Europe. I may wait on that, as I may be shipping my GX to Germany, where the some have sourced it. Looking at the newer grill with front and rear valance, but sad to read the problems some have experience from the Dubai source....So I may choose to wait on that a bit too.
Not much for technology installs.. yet, I'm wondering what the Nav will do when I get to Germany, if there is an update, so if anyone knows, thanks in advance.
Also thanks for all you pioneers on accessories.

1. 2016 GX 460 Base 27K miles
2. Black exterior and interior
3. Navigation / Mark Levinson
4. Nothing Past Stock except front windows tinted..., Picking up 22x10 Wheels next week. Here are some current pics for "before" reference. :-)

Last edited by MedinaJ78; 06-09-19 at 08:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
UltramanGX (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 10:14 AM
UltramanGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MedinaJ78
Jeff,
In NJ, picked up my GX about a month ago, traded in my 2014 Pilot for it...miss it, missing it less as I get used to the GX....Loving the Body on frame feel over the unibody on the Pilot.

I don't think I'll ever get over the storage from my Pilot. Really want a bug deflector, seeing the best one is the sourced from Europe. I may wait on that, as I may be shipping my GX to Germany, where the some have sourced it. Looking at the newer grill with front and rear valance, but sad to read the problems some have experience from the Dubai source....So I may choose to wait on that a bit too.
Not much for technology installs.. yet, I'm wondering what the Nav will do when I get to Germany, if there is an update, so if anyone knows, thanks in advance.
Also thanks for all you pioneers on accessories.

1. 2016 GX 460 Base 27K miles
2. Black exterior and interior
3. Navigation / Mark Levinson
4. Nothing Past Stock except front windows tinted..., Picking up 22x10 Wheels next week. Here are some current pics for "before" reference. :-)
What wheels are you picking up? What are the specs (offsets etc) and what tire size are you putting on it? I'm planning to get 20" wheels as well but having a tough time figuring out what width and offsets I should get. Been reading this forum trying to find ideal 20" fitment. I am thinking of getting the Black Rhino Mozambique.
Old 06-22-19, 09:41 PM
Dpenny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up a 2012 GX460

I have been driving a Camry Hybrid since 2012, but it is time to “sell” it to our daughter. So I picked up the 2012 GX today. 112,000 miles, all her life has been in CA and it is pretty clean. I am going to LOVE this ride, but I will miss my 38 MPG. I look forward to learning from all of the wisdom in this group.

Thanks in advance for the knowledge shared.
Old 06-23-19, 07:54 PM
awillsd76
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions on this forum! I just bought a 2017 luxury version with driver's support package today. It took me a long time to find a GX with this package in SoCal, but I'm glad I waited. Starfire pearl with black interior, and captains chairs in the second row.

Looking forward to learning more from this forum!
Old 06-25-19, 04:00 PM
sinistar
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by awillsd76
Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions on this forum! I just bought a 2017 luxury version with driver's support package today. It took me a long time to find a GX with this package in SoCal, but I'm glad I waited. Starfire pearl with black interior, and captains chairs in the second row.

Looking forward to learning more from this forum!
Congrats and good choice on the color and package combo. While I do like tan interiors, I think black is the best way to go on the GX.
Old 06-26-19, 08:03 AM
awillsd76
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sinistar
Congrats and good choice on the color and package combo. While I do like tan interiors, I think black is the best way to go on the GX.
Thanks! I loved the look of the Ecru interior, but just didn't think I would be able to keep it clean. :-)
Old 06-27-19, 08:30 AM
tulanepat
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought a 2017 CPO luxury version with driver's support package today (32,000 miles). I looked a long time at GX's with this package (crawl control) here in Florida, while waiting on my lease on a 2017 Volt to end. The Volts (2013 & 2017)were great commuting cars (I saved $12,000 in fuel costs over 6 years) but heading into retirement fuel is not a big concern and I wanted an SUV for my last car. [I do have a '61 VW Single cab transporter which I converted to all electric and we use as a support vehicle for the Tulane Marching band in 3 Mardi Gras parades]
Black with Sepia interior, and captains chairs in the second row. CPO had 3 1/2 years factory unlimited miles left. Bought an additional 5 years Lexus bumper to bumper for $3000. Warranty on my Stents isn't that good!

Lots of good info on this forum, so thanks.
It also came with the squishy brakes!
The following 2 users liked this post by tulanepat:
GB2011GX (06-27-19), ltsr (06-27-19)
Old 07-18-19, 03:16 PM
F4rr3ll
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just got myself a 2019 I love it. Had to have the blue and I went with the dark interior. I came from an Accord and needed the extra size, glad to be part of the Lexus family
The following 3 users liked this post by F4rr3ll:
Acrad (07-18-19), ltsr (07-20-19), sinistar (08-09-19)
Old 07-19-19, 12:48 PM
Randyman
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Another 2017 GX460 Premium CPO with 37K Miles. Black on black. Nav. Unlimited mileage warranty through December 2024. Bone stock for now ( )

Totaled my primo 2013 Black 4Runner 4x4 SR5 with Premium Package & Leather on July 4th (no one was hurt). Had 195k Miles without a single peep of issues. Wanted to try the Lexus equivalent - so far I have not been let down I love the extra headroom and torque from the throaty V8 plus the 6-speed.

Will be installing the killer audio system from the 4Runner pretty soon (minus the radio). 4KW (RMS) of audio goodness. Morel/JBL/Alpine/ARC Audio/JL. It does not disappoint.

Speaking of radios - I saw an aftermarket radio kit for the IS that has additional controls for Climate Control and allows you to use any double-DIN radio. Does anything exist fro the 2nd gen GX460? I've been searching high and low with no luck... I'll search around here before opening a thread...

See y'all around the forum. I was a regular at T4R.org - so I know the "rules of the road" pretty well (lol)...
Old 08-05-19, 06:58 AM
shannonwil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking delivery this week of:

2017 Luxury Edition
Nebula Gray with Sephia interior
Mark Levinson sound system
Safety package- adaptive cruise, LDA, front and side cameras
Rear captains chairs

This one has Pirelli Scorpion tires, anyone have any experience with these? Plan to put on KO2's when the Pirelli wear out...
Old 08-07-19, 08:22 PM
stxgadget
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

STXGadgetGirl Molly Howell
My previous cars were Toyota 4Runners.

1. Year and package : 2018 Luxury Package
3. Color or the exterior and interior: Nightfall Mica (Blue) and Sepia leather with Mahogany trim (Luxury)
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson: Navigation / Mark Levinson Speakers
4. Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc) Sport Design Package, Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System, Driver Assist package
The following 4 users liked this post by stxgadget:
bbqsoup (08-21-19), sinistar (08-09-19), Soap (08-19-19), Trexus (08-31-19)
Old 08-09-19, 11:40 AM
sinistar
Driver

Originally Posted by stxgadget

STXGadgetGirl Molly Howell
My previous cars were Toyota 4Runners.

1. Year and package : 2018 Luxury Package
3. Color or the exterior and interior: Nightfall Mica (Blue) and Sepia leather with Mahogany trim (Luxury)
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson: Navigation / Mark Levinson Speakers
4. Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc) Sport Design Package, Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System, Driver Assist package
Looks good and congrats.
Old 08-09-19, 11:42 AM
sinistar
Driver

Originally Posted by F4rr3ll
Just got myself a 2019 I love it. Had to have the blue and I went with the dark interior. I came from an Accord and needed the extra size, glad to be part of the Lexus family
Love the blue! Congrats.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE