GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-22, 11:12 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ellocovg
We’ll you can see my previous rig on my post right before this one. New to me 2014 GX460 with only 46K thousand miles. I’m loving it so far and trying not to do every single mod that I’m being peer pressured into on the same day lol.

A 2014 with only 46k miles is amazing
The following 2 users liked this post by GK2023:
avssuc (06-09-22), tiadesiree (06-22-22)
Old 06-09-22, 07:05 PM
avssuc
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just sold my 21 TRD Pro Tundra for a 19 GX 460 Luxury:

Saying goodbye to this beast, for something a bit more family friendly.

Waiting on delivery, looking forward to all the great info here on the forum! Thanks for having me, folks!
The following 2 users liked this post by avssuc:
CaliGX22 (06-10-22), FastTurtle (06-09-22)
Old 06-12-22, 07:37 AM
pete22
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019Tundra1794 to 2022GX450

Hello. I just got our GX460 last Friday. It was a 4weeks wait with dealership. Color is Starfire
Pearl with Red interior.
The following users liked this post:
NJA22 (09-08-22)
Old 06-12-22, 08:59 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! Hope you get it sooner! 😎

Originally Posted by pete22
Hello. I just got our GX460 last Friday. It was a 4weeks wait with dealership. Color is Starfire
Pearl with Red interior.
Old 06-12-22, 09:00 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Sweet! Congrats!

Originally Posted by avssuc
Just sold my 21 TRD Pro Tundra for a 19 GX 460 Luxury:

Saying goodbye to this beast, for something a bit more family friendly.

Waiting on delivery, looking forward to all the great info here on the forum! Thanks for having me, folks!
Old 06-14-22, 08:57 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
I went from a 2008 RX to a 22 GX and I love the ride so much better. For one thing the GX has so many more safety features it makes it a joy to drive. Welcome to the GX forum.
THat's not a 2022....
tiadesiree (07-03-22)
Old 06-15-22, 02:35 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

The GX in the picture was from a post @catdaddylo replied to.

Originally Posted by situman
THat's not a 2022....
Old 06-22-22, 08:49 AM
krkrause
1st Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

2022 GX460
Starfire Pearl w/Sepa NuLuxe and Gray Sapele wood
Premium Plus package
Heated steering wheel
The following 3 users liked this post by krkrause:
FastTurtle (06-22-22), JeffS520 (06-22-22), tiadesiree (06-22-22)
Old 06-22-22, 08:59 AM
pete22
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krkrause
2022 GX460
Premium Plus package
Heated steering wheel
congrats on your new ride.
Old 06-22-22, 09:28 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

congrats on the new GX!

Originally Posted by krkrause
2022 GX460
Premium Plus package
Heated steering wheel
Old 06-26-22, 10:45 PM
Kilroy88
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello Ladies & Gents and glad I found your Forum. About 2 months ago , my Wife and I bought our first Lexus !! Bit of a problem with the dealer in Conn and not happy with them at all BUT, so far we've been very happy with our 460 for the short time we've been able to drive it. We're trying to escape from NY and headed to NH and needed a strong 4X4 , we looked at Tahoes and even the new Bronco (which was way too small ) but the prices we were seeing for 2 year old SUV's was insane ..$68K for a 2 year old Denali ?? , $62K for a 2 year old Tahoe ?? ....I bought a brand new Chevy Van in 1977 for $4,600 from the Dealer and ...I know I'm old but this is crazy. I told the salesman I could buy a House in Montana with a Cow for what you're asking for this SUV ...but , that's just how it is these days. So with the used prices we were seeing honestly , I figured a new Mercedes or Lexus would be out of reach for us ...but my wife spotted a Lexus dealer and wanted to see what they had so we went in. They just received a GX460 Blackline in that special Green color (she wanted Green so , here it is !!) I gulped and asked the price ..it came out to $68K . WHAT ? I was surprised ..we're looking at 2 year old SUV's around the same price and we could get a brand new Lexus ?? Before we even opened the door or test drove it , I knew the reputation and reliability Lexus was known for so , the Truck basically sold itself. I did expect more power from the V8 when starting off but, I won't be racing it and it's great on the Highway so I'm ok.. We paid cash and went to pick it up ..right before they handed us the keys , I noticed damage on the front grill and paint scraped off under the Grill and sides. The sales manager came out and admitted that somehow, something must have backed into it but they'll have it all repaired, repainted and replace the front grill. So we took it for a few days and returned it to the dealer for the Body work. After a week , we picked it up ..they repainted the nose but forgot to replace the Grill and said they'd order it ..that was almost 7 weeks ago and we still don't have it. The dealer could care less and hasn't even called us to follow up. I called them once 4 weeks ago and , they said they'd get back to me. Then , A WEEK after we had it back, a young Lady decided to change lanes and didn't look ..she sideswiped us ( I'm buying a Gallon of Holy Water for this 460 now) ..$12k damage. Luckily , her Insurance paid for everything 100% incl the rental and yes , I rented a 2022 Denali and now except for the strong acceleration, we're glad we didn't buy one !! I found the best Auto Body in Mt Kisco and it took a Month but , we'll have it back in 2 days and it was done right !! Can't wait ...then we can start learning how to use everything the 460 offers , there's a lot to learn and it should be fun. We have 2 pretty big German Shepherds so I bought a Custom Liner for the whole back and a screen Barrier so they can't climb in the front ...installing it will be our first mission this week !! The only problem I am having and not happy with Lexus about ,and one of the reasons I joined here is , Lexus will not sell me a Class IV Hitch for it. I've heard there were safety issues (a rumor) but it seems Lexus changed a design and the old Hitch they used will no longer fit. Supposedly ...Lexus is working on the issue and I read a new Hitch would be available in May ...we're almost in July now and still no Hitch . That's strange since the ability to tow the higher Tongue weight is part of their sales pitch and I don't want to buy a smaller Mickey Mouse version just to get by . Plus I don't want to take any chances with after market....I'd feel safer with a Lexus OEM designed Hitch. I'll start a separate thread on that issue and hopefully someone will be able to provide more info in it. So as far as buying a new Car in 2022's post Covid Inflation riddled world ...I did not like paying $2800 OVER the sticker price "just because" of the market (as was explained when the contract was filled out) or getting ripped off with the $300+ BS expense for Nitrogen filled Tires and some of the other games they played on us but ..God willing we'll enjoy our new Lexus for many years to come and we'll have piece of mind knowing we bought the best.....as long as we can still find gas. lol

Last edited by Kilroy88; 06-26-22 at 11:03 PM.
nyctfl (06-29-22)
Old 06-27-22, 06:48 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Congrats on the new ride! Hope everything is good to go now.
Kilroy88 (06-27-22)
Old 06-27-22, 08:36 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

Mt Kisko Lexus, that’s where I bought my old RX. There’s an existing thread about the tow hitch, apparently you can make the old one work with a little bit of modifications. That’s a truly beautiful truck and I hope you got all of the body work out of the way, enjoy it that’s such an awesome color combo.
Kilroy88 (06-27-22)
Old 07-02-22, 08:02 PM
Kilroy88
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks !! That Green is nice ....Quick follow up -- we were SUPPOSE to get our 460 back on Friday , it didn't happen. Apparently because of our being sideswiped , the whole Rack & Pinion steering assembly had to be changed. Then after everything was done , the Body Shop gave it to the Dealer here to reset everything and they could not do a reset. At first they told me there was a knuckle Cover that had to be changed since they couldn't use the old one ..Then they changed that story and said some steering sensor has to be changed. Strange how that sensor worked after the accident and before I gave it to the Auto Body and none of the Dummy Lights were coming on. They told me that there is ONLY ONE of those sensors in the US (REALLY ?) and it should be delivered to them on the 8th ...The problem, we're going on vacation the 7th and I wanted the Truck for the drive and they knew that weeks ago. So , the Dealer told me I could take it as is and just put up with all the warning lights being on and messages popping up until I drive back on the 17th ...I told them that's fine , I'll take it as is as long as it doesn't affect any safety issues (like the Truck shutting off on me while I'm driving or the Seats & Windows going up & down by themselves non stop) I asked for the part number and told him I'll call a few friends in Japan and have the part overnighted to me , they didn't like that. ....I thought many of the parts used on the 2022 were the same as the 2020 & 2021 , I'm starting not to believe some of the BS excuses and wondering if they'll blame Putin next ...I'm not thrilled right now
Old 07-04-22, 05:49 AM
THOMASK33
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enough

This is an awful experience...purchasing a Lexus is about the experience...
I think by now I would be contacting corporate ...This long drawn out process of what appears to a dealer customer service issue is rediculous ..I hate this happening to you...instead of having you drive with all warning lights on why not offer a loaner....
The following 3 users liked this post by THOMASK33:
Piney1 (07-04-22), SEELEXUS (07-04-22), tntcandy (07-04-22)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE