GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-23, 01:23 PM
2023gx460
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to the Lexus Family!

2023 GX Premium with the Premium Plus Pkg
Black with Ecru interior
Navigation/Mark Levinson
The following 2 users liked this post by 2023gx460:
blackangus (03-27-23), RDLGX (03-23-23)
Old 03-22-23, 11:51 AM
delata
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Just picked up our 2023 gx460 executive(canadian spec). Whats everyone using for cargo liner. Oem lexus is not available, and i cant seem to find one for my year
The following 5 users liked this post by delata:
blackangus (03-27-23), ChrisInSD (03-23-23), joeotero (04-03-23), RDLGX (03-23-23), Siblue (03-22-23)
Old 03-23-23, 09:44 AM
gpgunhouse
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hello Members

New to the site and pleased to have found the group. I have owned a few Lexus over the past twenty years and I recently purchased a new 2023 GX 460 with the premium plus package. The color is atomic silver w/sepia interior. I am very pleased thus far as I plan to keep the vehicle for many years to come.
I still own a 1996 LX450 I purchased used almost twenty years ago and is in like new condition w/85k original miles. I still try to do most of the basic servicing such as oil and fluid services. I plan to do a "Brake In" oil/filter change at 1000 miles using either Mobil1 or Liqui Moly combined with Cera Tek. Going forward I plan to change the oil/filter every 3-5K.I find it somewhat startling that Lexus currently recommends 10K oil changes as it goes against every thing I have learned about basic engine maintenance. Look forward to utilizing this valuable resource and hopefully providing helpful input to the site.

Cheers

Gunner
The following 5 users liked this post by gpgunhouse:
120mm (03-25-23), blackangus (03-27-23), ChrisInSD (03-23-23), joeotero (04-03-23), RDLGX (03-24-23)
Old 03-24-23, 06:35 AM
cmxssey
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Good morning!

I'm Cameron, and I've been a casual browser for about a month now as our search for a GX has narrowed. I've mostly been just scrolling or casually posting questions, but now I'm excited to introduce myself as the proud new owner of...

This 2019 L/Certified Lexus GX Premium.
The wife and I plan to lightly modify it for comfortable trips out of town to the mountains, some light off-roading, or maybe even pulling a camper. We'll see where we end up.

Excited to be here!

The following 4 users liked this post by cmxssey:
120mm (03-25-23), blackangus (03-27-23), bryan8252 (03-25-23), RDLGX (03-24-23)
Old 03-25-23, 04:05 PM
pacnwatx
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

New 2023 Nori Green Black Line, purchased yesterday. I got rid of a Grand Wagoneer to have a vehicle with long term reliability and a more manageable size.

First Lexus for us.

The Black Line trim and color made me jump for it, also had the tow hitch installed.

The following 8 users liked this post by pacnwatx:
120mm (03-25-23), blackangus (03-27-23), ChrisInSD (03-26-23), FSportOnly (03-28-23), graybadge (03-26-23), idaho0664 (03-26-23), RDLGX (03-26-23), SippsGX (03-26-23) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-28-23, 10:17 PM
TGEX
6th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 Nightfall Mica Blue Premium

After a year of pondering I finally pulled the trigger on a 2017 Nightfall Mica Blue Premium. Black interior with captains chairs center. 77k miles , new tires, weather tech floor mats. One owner, dealer serviced. Took it on a 4 day 900 miles road trip last week. No driving or parking assist, didn’t even know that was an option.

it’s odd, when researching I was certain I was going to get a white one. Saw this and really liked the blue.

I regret it now as I park it outside and it’s constantly dirty. My boat is in the garage.

other than that I’m stoked. My plan is to put some 17 TRD wheel in either charcoal or bronze color.

full size rack and put on my roof top tent occasionally. Nothing too dramatic as it will be my DD for work too.

Took it on a 900 mile road trip over the weekend.

I think this will be the first of a few of these for year to come. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it.

the downside on the color is when dirty, you can see every imperfection. When clean it looks amazing.

I’ll likely order the more modern style grill right away and wait a bit for wheels to use these tires up since they are new and I commute regularly for work.
The following 3 users liked this post by TGEX:
blackangus (03-30-23), m5rahul (03-29-23), RDLGX (03-29-23)
Old 03-29-23, 04:32 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Beautiful GX ! I love this color, but they had a white one available that I decided on which will be here soon ! Enjoy your new ride !
Old 03-29-23, 03:36 PM
m5rahul
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TGEX
After a year of pondering I finally pulled the trigger on a 2017 Nightfall Mica Blue Premium. Black interior with captains chairs center. 77k miles , new tires, weather tech floor mats. One owner, dealer serviced. Took it on a 4 day 900 miles road trip last week. No driving or parking assist, didn’t even know that was an option.

it’s odd, when researching I was certain I was going to get a white one. Saw this and really liked the blue.

I regret it now as I park it outside and it’s constantly dirty. My boat is in the garage.

other than that I’m stoked. My plan is to put some 17 TRD wheel in either charcoal or bronze color.

full size rack and put on my roof top tent occasionally. Nothing too dramatic as it will be my DD for work too.

Took it on a 900 mile road trip over the weekend.

I think this will be the first of a few of these for year to come. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it.

the downside on the color is when dirty, you can see every imperfection. When clean it looks amazing.

I’ll likely order the more modern style grill right away and wait a bit for wheels to use these tires up since they are new and I commute regularly for work.
Yup, have the same one and just a day after a wash.. its all dirty again!! ::: sigh ::: Beautiful color when its clean though!! Congrats
Old 04-02-23, 03:45 PM
joeotero
1st Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up New to the world of Lexus

Greetings fellow Club Lexus members,,

Very much appreciate finding a community of other owners...

Year and package - 2019 Premium with captain's chairs and sport design package
Color or the exterior and interior - Starfire Pearl with Sepia interior
Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson - Navigation
Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc) - Intuitive parking assist, Lexus universal tablet holder (not sure what this is)...

I would have preferred the Nebula Gray Pearl... or even better yet the now obsolete Knight's armor pearl (love this color)...

Previously I owned a 2019 Ford Explorer Sport (really loved this version - had remote start, heated seats, heated steering wheel.. etc etc)... Left me stranded twice... So, down the road it went.. And in search of something with proven reliability... Well, here's where I landed..

My, new to me, Lexus GX460 was a Toyota Executive lease turn in.. My wife knows the previous owners wife.. She mention it would be turned in soon... so.. you can guess the rest...

Very happy with my purchase and looking forward to learning more from fellow forum members...

Cheers
Joe Otero

The following 5 users liked this post by joeotero:
Acrad (04-02-23), claarn (04-05-23), RDLGX (04-03-23), SteveInCal (04-07-23), tntcandy (04-02-23)
Old 04-02-23, 08:27 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

congrats. welcome. looks great. i followed a similar path to Lexus Land. had an SC430, but needed a vehicle for snow. liked the ford escape, bought a used one, and it had multiple problems no one could fix, even after repeated trips to the shop. but, I liked the vehicle, so bought a new one, thinking it would be free of issues. "au contraire!" it had the exact same problems, plus a couple more. it being under warranty, i took it to the dealer for repair. it was in the shop 3 of the 6 months i owned it. traded that sucker for a GX470 and loved it. now have a GX460.
The following users liked this post:
joeotero (04-03-23)
Old 04-05-23, 08:08 AM
claarn
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Wanting to say hello to all and to introduce myself as I’m new to the GX family but not Lexus.

In the past I have owned a number of BMW’s, Audi’s and VW’s as well as a couple Jeep Wranglers and a few Grand Cherokees.

Recently converting in 2019 to Lexus because I was tired of all the expensive / constant sensors and parts failures of my previous brand decisions. The wife had a Camry when we first started dating and we traded it after we got married for a 2019 NX300 Premium. I too opted for a Lexus shortly thereafter and started with a 2006 IS350 which was an aged beauty in both style and power. An incredible little machine until the Atlanta thieves decided they too wanted it. I replaced it with a 2014 GS350 f-sport which I absolutely enjoy to this day. And finally after 4.5 years, we ran the 2019 NX300 to 35k miles and just traded it for a 2018 GX Luxury Starfire Pearl / Ecru with captain’s chairs.

After several test drives and much patience with the search, we located this 2018 out of state that fit exactly what we were looking for.

While the NX was a very reliable, stylish, economical, good tech and overall great vehicle that suited our needs, I very much disliked it and will likely not consider another one because:

1) cargo area is small for even our family of two on beach trips

2) not a fan of turbos

3) turning radius was horrible and quite embarrassing and

4) it was uncomfortable to me on long trips both in the seats and suspension feel.

We narrowed our search down to a 2017-2019 GX Luxury with under 70k miles in efforts to capture some remaining balance of factory powertrain and didn’t want to spring for the 20MY+ due to little changes that we weren’t in love with nor were we wanting to spend the roughly $10k+ price upgrade for what we felt were simply cosmetic items.

Therefore, we finally located this 2018 with 69k miles and jumped on it.

We decided on the GX because:

1) of its larger size, visibility and comfort in both seats and suspension quality

2) the interior quality and feel of the luxury trim + love the rear captain’s chairs (pup is still figuring them out)

3) Lexus / GX reliability and style

4) the naturally aspirated V8 which unfortunately seems to be a dying breed plus;

5) there is just something about the rugged and non-techy feel to this GX that we both really enjoy.

After picking it up about two weeks ago, I have:

1) Had it inspected by the local Lexus dealer for any leaks or powertrain concerns to capture under the few miles that remained under warranty and nothing was found (not surprised) as I too could not locate or sense anything wrong via my visual and OBD inspection.

2) Installed the BeatSonic Wireless Carplay interface which was incredibly easy to do and works very well without any issues thus far. Eric with Beatsonic is very responsive so if you’re considering, I would highly recommend the device.

3) Had the front windows tinted 20% with Llumar ATC (non-ceramic) which is a fantastic match to the rears. The place was sold out of the 3M 25% ceramic which is probably what I would have sprung for had they had it. But I wasn’t hell-bent on the ceramic simply because the factory windows are already UV protected and the ATC film reduces the IR by about 30% or so and I was alright with that considering the A/C works just fine in the GX.

4) Replaced the wheel locks that were installed on each wheel as the key was missing. It was surprisingly easy to remove without the key. You simply take a 19mm 12point socket and beat the socket on the locking lug nut with a hammer then use a breaker bar to wrench it off. Probably looked silly doing that in the Harbor Freight parking lot but heck it worked.

In the near future I'm planning on changing the tires from the current half treaded Goodyears to some Michelins + replace the spark plugs which based on some comments seems is quite a task.

It will mainly be a land yacht / mall crawler and used for her 6 mile roundtrip to work a few times a week and trips to the beach and mountains where we'll hopefully stumble upon some puddles and pebbles to put it to somewhat of it's use

Looking forward to enjoying the GX and community here!

The following 5 users liked this post by claarn:
blackangus (04-09-23), m5rahul (04-05-23), RDLGX (04-05-23), SteveInCal (04-07-23), tntcandy (04-05-23)
Old 04-05-23, 10:29 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks great ! Enjoy !!
The following users liked this post:
claarn (04-05-23)
Old 04-09-23, 08:34 PM
pottsjr175
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just purchased this 2017 GX 460 Premium with 71k miles. Traded in the wife's 2020 Highlander XLE AWD because it had captains chairs and could not safely accommodate 3 car seats and needed something that could.

SO, I've always wanted a GX, she's always wanted a Lexus and a white car so it just happened to work out a local dealership basically traded us straight up for this. I feel like we won on that deal (gotta love ventilated seats in Texas)! Mostly going to be a pavement princess, so the Nitto Grapplers 275/65/18 are going (they are loud, rub, and make for a less comfortable ride than hoped for) and should be replaced with OEM spec tires. That being said, this will likely get some time being used to tow trailers, boat, RV as well as a kid hauler, go anywhere, do anything machine. Looking forward to seeing how far we can push the boundaries on this!

Also, I tend to be DIY on cars (except transmissions), so what's the first thing you would do to modify/remediate on these cars (if there's another discussion/thread no need to respond)? I'm used to the smooth, bulletproof GR motors (Avalon, Highlander, etc.), but have only heard good things about the 1UR.

The following 2 users liked this post by pottsjr175:
m5rahul (04-11-23), RDLGX (04-10-23)
Old 04-09-23, 09:21 PM
Lexusfan88
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, I am a new member here. I have an 06 IS350 sport edition and I’m having a few questions and concerns regarding some issues going on with my baby. I’m not sure if this is allowed but my car has the P/S light on but my car won’t start, with this being on will that throw my car into safety mode or something? What other issues could be causing this?

=Welcome to CL;8389560]Members,

When you get your GX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. Year and package
3. Color or the exterior and interior
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson
4. Option Packages or options (RSES, park assist, etc)

and other details such as pictures you might have of your GX or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
Old 04-10-23, 04:26 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by claarn
Wanting to say hello to all and to introduce myself as I’m new to the GX family but not Lexus.

In the past I have owned a number of BMW’s, Audi’s and VW’s as well as a couple Jeep Wranglers and a few Grand Cherokees.
I've been quiet on the forum but you made me come back just to comment saying Congrats! You're going to love it.

From a fellow (2001) IS-> (2013) GS-> (2021) GX owner. My only regret with any of those cars was that I sold them . Won't make that mistake with the GX. This one is staying in the family for the next couple decades.
The following 2 users liked this post by mehran888:
claarn (04-12-23), Malinois38 (04-10-23)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! GX460 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE