GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2011 GX460 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 10:11 PM
aristott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 GX460 suspension

Hi, I plan on purchasing a 2011 GX460 Premium but I can't find any suspension products to lower it. Anyone makes lowering springs for the front since I'll ask my dealer to drop the rear air suspension a bit. Thanks
Old 10-28-10, 07:22 AM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by aristott
Hi, I plan on purchasing a 2011 GX460 Premium but I can't find any suspension products to lower it. Anyone makes lowering springs for the front since I'll ask my dealer to drop the rear air suspension a bit. Thanks
It may be difficult to find something that soon after a new platform launch. Also I doubt the demographics buying GX is looking to lower it. You may be one of very few so not many companies will want to invest time/$ into research. I would check 4Runner forums since the platform is similar/the same (???) and they may know about a product that may work for you.
Old 11-10-10, 10:56 AM
aristott
Rookie

Thanks, I'll check the 4Runner. I know they don't get the rear air suspension/height adjustment. There's a place in Australia who makes springs for the new Prado which is the same platform. Everyone things the GX is based on a 4 Runner but it's the other way around, our GX is a Land Cruiser first.
Old 11-13-10, 07:09 PM
GXOwner
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I'll check the 4Runner. I know they don't get the rear air suspension/height adjustment. There's a place in Australia who makes springs for the new Prado which is the same platform. Everyone things the GX is based on a 4 Runner but it's the other way around, our GX is a Land Cruiser first.
I agree, everyone in the states refers GX to the 4 Runner which they do share the same platform. However, the GX is the LC Prado in other countries outside of the U.S. Going back to your original question on the lowering...it may be difficult to get aftermarket springs for the GX here in the states as majority of owners keep the car stock, supply & demand. For us, my wife loves the height since she can see over most of the other cars on the road haha.

One thing you might consider is to import a LC Prado into the states but not sure how much the import tax/fees would cost since the Prado is priced very close to the GX. There are companies that import these types of overseas cars into the states. However, not sure how your local Toyota dealer will go about servicing it. If you're good with cars, DIY would work. Just my $0.02.
Old 11-20-10, 09:44 PM
aristott
Rookie

I know the Prado very well since I'm from Venezuela/Trinidad. We have the Prados and Diesel Land Cruisers there. I live in Miami so I owned my 04 GX470 for nearly 7 years and had the 03 for 8 months back then. I just purchased my 2011 GX460 fully loaded Premium which I kinda didn't want but it was the only practical vehicle in it's price range. Lexus has not stepped up their game and offer options for younger people like myself. Even when I'm an old man I don't see myself keeping my vehicles like an old man. Anyway, I hope to get my 3-piece staggered wheels fitted in 4 weeks and order the Jaos fender flares to make the vehicle look more expensive.
Such a shame how people in the US are boring with the GX series!
Old 11-21-10, 07:46 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I know the Prado very well since I'm from Venezuela/Trinidad. We have the Prados and Diesel Land Cruisers there. I live in Miami so I owned my 04 GX470 for nearly 7 years and had the 03 for 8 months back then. I just purchased my 2011 GX460 fully loaded Premium which I kinda didn't want but it was the only practical vehicle in it's price range. Lexus has not stepped up their game and offer options for younger people like myself. Even when I'm an old man I don't see myself keeping my vehicles like an old man. Anyway, I hope to get my 3-piece staggered wheels fitted in 4 weeks and order the Jaos fender flares to make the vehicle look more expensive.
Such a shame how people in the US are boring with the GX series!
Lexus offers an incredible amount of options for the GX460. Much more than it did for the 470 and even more then the better selling 2010 4Runner. Also you have to consider the GX is an expensive (limited production 14K) vehicle and not many (younger) people will be purchasing it. Also the market for real trucks (body on frame/live axle) is almost gone. I thank God Lexus has not followed all the other manufactures into the crossover world. Exactly what would be options for younger people, anyway?

Most all vehicles are modded/customized with aftermarket parts and features. The aftermarket takes time to develop parts after a total re-design (years). Take a look at how many owners are talking in the forums about the 460 (not many). The GX470 took several years to see the younger look. Most likely because it took time for the price of the vehicle to come down (used vehicles). Luckily the GX shares parts with the 4Runner and Prado. Patience!

Koz