GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New GX 460

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 10:19 AM
halw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the GX for three weeks and I love it as much as the first day. I can not find a fault. It does show dirt but I really like the color. Look forward to summer and fall and going to the passes. I have not done that in awhile.

Hal
GX 2011
LS 2004
Old 02-21-11, 05:02 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thedon3
Looks great. I keep kciking myself for leasing a 450h instead of getting the Gx. I had 04,07 GX in the past. I miss the feel of the GX, I wish there was a dealer who would take bacvk the lease and then allow me to buy the GX - Sweet dreams I guess
Be Safe
I had a similar situation (but my 2010 RX450H was bought) After test driving the GX460 I traded my RX for GX and never regretted it.
Old 02-22-11, 08:46 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i would expect the rx to drive better than the gx on road. off road, gx would prevail. If you want prowess, then no doubt the gx wins hands down.

Imho, the GX looks better thant the LX even
Old 03-15-11, 06:10 PM
Rick U
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hal
I test drove a GX 460 yesterday and can't stop thinking about it. I'm driving a 2006 LX and want to get into something that gets better milage. Can you tell me what you are averaging under normal conditions?
Thanks
Rick
Old 03-15-11, 09:13 PM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick U
Hal
I test drove a GX 460 yesterday and can't stop thinking about it. I'm driving a 2006 LX and want to get into something that gets better milage. Can you tell me what you are averaging under normal conditions?
Thanks
Rick
I'm getting 15mpg in strictly city driving, meaning no highways/freeways, just stop-and-go traffic.
Old 03-16-11, 08:01 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I get 15 city and 18 highway in my GX 460.
Old 03-16-11, 08:38 AM
Rick U
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. I was hoping the MPG numbers were a little higher. I would like to justify my desire to get one just because it drove so well. I'll keep looking for a 7 seater with decent economy that doesn't act like a morphed mini van.
Old 03-16-11, 08:47 AM
Rick U
Driver School Candidate

I also drove a new 4Runner but it's 6 cyl motor is unimpressive at best. Owners are,however, claiming 19mpg average.
Old 03-16-11, 09:18 AM
halw
Driver School Candidate

I am getting 15 with my foot down and 17 most of the time. I have not done any highway driving yet. I would expect around 20 possibly.

Hal
Old 03-19-11, 05:18 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hal:

Get it out on the highway, but use the cruise control ... you may be impressed ... we are.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 03-20-11, 09:03 AM
halw
Driver School Candidate

SaniDel

I will do that and the switch to summer gas should be soon and that will help as well. Thanks,
Old 03-20-11, 12:01 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hal:

I'm unfamiliar with "summer gas" ... is that something specific to your state?

Although for modern vehicles it is a thing of the past, elevation used to be a significant factor for efficiency, knocking and other engine performance matters. There has been some discussion in this forum of how the GX 460 is affected by elevation:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=6298957

Regards,

SaniDel
Old 03-20-11, 01:13 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

15MPG in City? damn you guys are lucky, at best I get 11MPG and I'm trying to drive a slow as possible and no sudden acceleration.
Old 03-20-11, 02:55 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SaniDel
Hal:

I'm unfamiliar with "summer gas" ... is that something specific to your state?

Although for modern vehicles it is a thing of the past, elevation used to be a significant factor for efficiency, knocking and other engine performance matters. There has been some discussion in this forum of how the GX 460 is affected by elevation:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=6298957

Regards,

SaniDel
We also have a summer and a winter blend here in Missouri. The summer blend has better MPG, but in the summer, I run my air cond., so it doesn't make much difference. I can't tell you what the difference is, but I'm sure you can google it to find out. By now, we should be running the summer blend of fuel. There is also a summer and winter blend of diesel fuel here as well. The pour rate has a lower temp. for winter. The summer diesel also gets better MPG. I traded my twin turbo diesel BMW X5 for my GX 460...
Old 03-20-11, 02:59 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Just did a google search to answer your question about summer and winter blend fuel...

What’s the difference between summer-blend gasoline and winter-blend gasoline?

Does it affect my car’s performance?
Cars using summer-blend gasoline spew fewer harmful emissions and get slightly better fuel economy than those using winter-blend gas during the summer months.

The difference between conventional summer- and winter-blend gasoline has to do with the Reid Vapor Pressure of the fuel. RVP relates to the volatility of a gasoline. The more volatile a gasoline, the more likely it will evaporate as the temperatures rises; evaporated gasoline contributes to unhealthy ozone and smog levels. Summer gasoline has a low RVP and is less likely to evaporate when compared to the high RVP winter grade. The Environmental Protection Agency says conventional summer-blend gasoline contains 1.7 percent more energy than winter-blend gas, which contributes to the summer blend’s slightly better gas mileage.

The Energy Information Administration says the switch between the two fuels happens twice a year, once in the fall (winter blend) and again in the spring (summer blend). Summer-blend gasoline is typically more expensive to produce than the winter blend, and it won’t affect vehicle performance or the durability of the engine and fuel system, according to the EPA.

In many large cities as well as California and New England, the EPA requires the use of reformulated summer- and winter-blend gasolines. These RFGs contain oxygenates that lower RVP and other toxic chemicals even further than conventional gasoline.

Quick Reply: New GX 460