Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Door Lock Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-17, 06:44 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 866 Likes on 600 Posts

Long beep when trying to lock? No response at all with fob or touching the door to lock or unlock? Pressing lock on the door panel with the door open gives no results?

What does work to lock the truck?
Old 11-22-17, 02:44 PM
borg1of2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
Long beep when trying to lock? No response at all with fob or touching the door to lock or unlock? Pressing lock on the door panel with the door open gives no results?

What does work to lock the truck?
No Beep on Lock. Beep only on Lock. If I physically lock the passenger door I’d get single beep on Lock and three beeps on unlock. It looked like it was detecting the passenger door not unlocking. Now with both doors not working, no beeps on Lock or unlock.

FOB, Touching the door handle or the button on the inside of the door cause no action.
Old 11-23-17, 03:12 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by borg1of2
No Beep on Lock. Beep only on Lock. If I physically lock the passenger door I’d get single beep on Lock and three beeps on unlock. It looked like it was detecting the passenger door not unlocking. Now with both doors not working, no beeps on Lock or unlock.

FOB, Touching the door handle or the button on the inside of the door cause no action.
very common issue on these cars. Someone has figured out all you need is a small motor from any child's toy to fix this instead of buying a whole lock actuator for 1K +. Read about it in the GS forums.
Old 11-25-17, 01:50 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,386 Posts

It could be failed actuators but seems a little odd they would fail so close together.

OP: Do you take your your GX off-road in any water?

I'll have to look at what Techstream shows for troubleshooting on the lock system
Old 11-25-17, 02:56 PM
borg1of2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
It could be failed actuators but seems a little odd they would fail so close together.

OP: Do you take your your GX off-road in any water?

I'll have to look at what Techstream shows for troubleshooting on the lock system
Agree the timing of the failures is strange. The GX limited to road driving in FL.

Debating if if I should DIY taking one of the doors off and cleaning the connectors on the actuator as was suggested in one of the other forum threads. YouTube on taking the panel off the door didn’t seem too bad.

Let me know what you find and I certainly appreciate the assistance!
Old 08-18-19, 05:13 PM
emg2919
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi-
Did you get this fixed? I am having a similar issue and curious. My front passenger lock does not lock/unlock with a fob or from the button inside. If the door is unlocked, when I hit the lock button, it does not beep. If I manually lock the door, then hit lock on the fob, all doors will lock and it will beep.

However, in any case when it beeps on lock, it does not blink the lights. I am not sure why - on unlock it blinks the lights, but not on the lock. Any ideas? I'm replacing the front passenger actuator this week. Hopefully once it locks/unlocks properly then the lights will blink on lock. I was used to that with my previous Lexus vehicles.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-19, 06:52 PM
borg1of2
Rookie

Hi,

i ended up replacing the actuators, full assembly, in both doors. This corrected all of my problems. Got the parts on eBay, and a shop in town replace the actuators. Just didn’t want to take chances. I did watch a bunch of videos, but still glad I had someone do it.

Good Luck
Old 08-18-19, 07:27 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by emg2919
Hi-
Did you get this fixed? I am having a similar issue and curious. My front passenger lock does not lock/unlock with a fob or from the button inside. If the door is unlocked, when I hit the lock button, it does not beep. If I manually lock the door, then hit lock on the fob, all doors will lock and it will beep.

However, in any case when it beeps on lock, it does not blink the lights. I am not sure why - on unlock it blinks the lights, but not on the lock. Any ideas? I'm replacing the front passenger actuator this week. Hopefully once it locks/unlocks properly then the lights will blink on lock. I was used to that with my previous Lexus vehicles.

Thanks.
Seems like to have a bad actuator on passenger door.
Old 08-20-19, 10:50 AM
emg2919
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, thats what I believe it is as well. I ordered a new one, will be replacing it on Thursday. Lights on lock work (when bad actuator door is manually locked) so that is sorted.

Just need to replace this actuator and lube up the blower motor (slight buzz, ever so faint..) and we will be in great shape!
Old 03-03-20, 09:34 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default rear pass door lock question

hi, is it normal for the interior back passenger doors handles to not unlock the door when you pull it. (like how the front doors do)
Old 03-03-20, 10:49 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by scamsel
hi, is it normal for the interior back passenger doors handles to not unlock the door when you pull it. (like how the front doors do)
Yes. It is normal on GX.
Old 03-03-20, 02:16 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

hzhao has a mod for you though :-)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...two-doors.html
Old 03-03-20, 05:21 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Acrad
That mod won't change the way to open from inside as OP was asking
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (03-03-20)
Old 03-03-20, 05:24 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

... I was thinking outside. :-)

Old 03-03-20, 08:15 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scamsel

turn off the child safety locks. when you open the doors there's a little switch on the door with the icon of a child. flip that switch.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Q&A