GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX Rated # 1 for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11, 05:10 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts

Come on guys, with all due respect, some of these discussions regarding the GX460 are reminding me of the arguments in the Acura forum I used to frequent back in the day, where criticism of the TL (many times warranted) was taken as an insult to a family member (or something comparably bad) by some people.

The GX460 is a very fine vehicle in many ways, no question about it (and I am particularly impressed by the gas mileage numbers shared in the previous post, wow!), but give it a rest, Lexus did miss the boat on a few things even if the GX remains an all-around great truck. I'm a huge GX fan and ended up buying an LX because the GX460 cargo area was just way too small and couldn't even fit my son's stroller length wise (plus the substantial price increase, among other reasons). KDSS is awesome, the interior is beautiful (and I could go on and on, I posted my full opinion in the "New GX460!" thread right after test driving the first 2010 GX460 at my dealership back in December 2009), but come on!

For the record, the Lexus Advisory Board is real, and I am also a member . I don't know how they select people (maybe repeat owners?), but I just received an email one day and now get random little email surveys every now and then. So far, I haven't seen anything that asks for any major input, which is a shame, because being the car nut/geek that I am I was so excited to join. Not as glamorous as I thought it would be...

Last edited by caha14; 06-29-11 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-08-11, 07:21 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Come on guys, with all due respect, some of these discussions regarding the GX460 are reminding me of the arguments in the Acura forum I used to frequent back in the day, where criticism of the TL (many times warranted) was taken as an insult to a family member (or something comparably bad) by some people.

The GX460 is a very fine vehicle in many ways, no question about it (and I am particularly impressed by the gas mileage numbers shared in the previous post, wow!), but give it a rest, Lexus did miss the boat on a few things even if the GX remains an all-around great truck. I'm a huge GX fan and ended up buying an LX because the GX460 cargo area was just way too small and couldn't even fit my son's stroller length wise (plus the substantial price increase, among other reasons). KDSS is awesome, the interior is beautiful (and I could go on and on, I posted my full opinion in the "New GX460!" thread right after test driving the first 2010 GX460 at my dealership back in December 2009), but come on!

For the record, the Lexus Advisory Board is real, and I am also a member . I don't know how they select people (maybe repeat owners?), but I just received an email one day and now get random little email surveys every now and then. So far, I haven't seen anything that asks for any major input, which is a shame, because being the car nut/geek that I am I was so excited to join. Not as glamorous as I thought it would be...
the gx aint perfect thats for freaking sure, but its still a good suv...

Koz is the gX cheerleader, so please cut him some slack when he praises the gx without flaws here...
Old 08-08-11, 10:55 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
the gx aint perfect thats for freaking sure, but its still a good suv...

Koz is the gX cheerleader, so please cut him some slack when he praises the gx without flaws here...
A day late and dollar short with your personal attacks!

BTW - How you doing with that rust bucket? Your lawyer must be having an easy time of it. Isn't it time to trade it in and get that JX?

Koz
Old 08-08-11, 02:02 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
A day late and dollar short with your personal attacks!

BTW - How you doing with that rust bucket? Your lawyer must be having an easy time of it. Isn't it time to trade it in and get that JX?

Koz
please post up pics of your rear axle for all to see. I am sure that NJ weather took a toll on your spotless gx...you stated that your gx has no rust underneath...
i may just get the jx and keep the gx to find more faults with...

Last edited by T4Fun; 08-08-11 at 02:06 PM.