GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

J.D. Power Service Survey

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 05:34 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default J.D. Power Service Survey

I 'earned' a dollar by completing a J.D. Power survey specific to satisfaction with dealer service on our 2010 GX 460. As our vehicle is low-mileage, we service by the calendar rather than the odometer ... it goes into the dealership only twice per year. Further, one of our services in the past year was free ... part of the complimentary first year. So we have little service experience to claim and even less service expenditure to report.

I had only good things to say and nothing specific to criticize ... other than our dealership's physical facilities need updating. Even that is being corrected as the dealership is undergoing a complete renovation. So, my answers are probably more optimistic than some on this forum may believe, but our service experience has been exceptional.

The survey included a separate section on tires ... a hot topic in our forum! Once again, I called it as we see it ... our Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires provide an exceptionally smooth, quiet and secure ride at all speeds. Just our luck, they didn't ask about tire pressure, but rather they did ask for an estimate of tread depth ... too bad as I wanted to complain that the recommended tire pressure (32 PSI) is too low and that we prefer 40 PSI for maximum control!
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. The issue of tire pressure is a good example of the value of this forum. Were it not for Koz and others, we would still be wallowing at 32 PSI and wondering why our tires squeal ;-)
Attached Thumbnails J.D. Power Service Survey-j.d.-power-service-survey.jpg  
Old 11-10-11, 06:18 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I got the same survey. I don't understand why they need so much info on the OEM tires. The OEM tires (Michelin Latitude Tour HP) are probably the best OEM tires I've ever gotten on a new car but OEMs never last as long as replacements. I can't wait till I get the E rated LTX MS2s on. I'll keep the OEMs till the end of next year.

Koz
Old 11-10-11, 10:18 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I received the same survery as well and also filled it out. I agree with Koz, when my Michelin Latiture tires wear out, I'm going to switch to the Michelin LTX MS2's as well.
Old 11-10-11, 10:37 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by SaniDel
P.S. The issue of tire pressure is a good example of the value of this forum. Were it not for Koz and others, we would still be wallowing at 32 PSI and wondering why our tires squeal ;-)
Good to know about the PSI thing. Thanks Koz, I bet mine are at 32 PSI. Do these OEM Michelins wear out that fast? My old GX470 still had the original tires (I think Bridgestones) on them at 50k miles although they were about due for a change at that point.
Old 11-10-11, 11:05 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Take a look at the tread wear rating (440=45K miles) on the OEM tires compaired to the MS2 (720=70K+miles).

Koz