Lead Lap

Received 853 Likes on 590 Posts

Reminds me of this...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-seatbelt.html
Old 09-29-20, 08:50 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 598 Likes on 424 Posts

Glad it was resolved. Weak battery could cause a lot of issues with the GX. None of my other cars do this with weak battery but for the GX you get all kind of lights and hiccups.
Old 09-29-20, 09:20 AM
WRD4chano
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
how on earth do you clean/clear those rear drain tubes? or is it a case of, if theyre blocked - youre screwed.

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
I'm trying my best to avoid car washes now and just hand wash. Or at least only go for the touchless car wash. I have a knee injury right now but once I'm better the GX is getting clay bar'd and ceramic coating.
wish i had that option, but i park under a tree and every morning im treated to fresh droppings :'(
Old 09-29-20, 02:22 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by WRD4chano
how on earth do you clean/clear those rear drain tubes? or is it a case of, if theyre blocked - youre screwed.

(
You are likely dropping the headliner. One could try feeding weed eater line up from the bottom but I've never traced the exact location these come out.
Old 09-29-20, 04:54 PM
dmasuda
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few months ago there was a heavy downpour and caused the drivers side floor board to be wet. All the dash lights came on but after a week or so,everything went back to normal. So I’m assuming everything dried out. Lucky me.

last week we had another heavy downpour and now the passenger side floor board is wet. I check the sunroof drains and they seem clear. Any other ideas where the water could be coming from? I’ve put the hose on the roof to replicate the rain but no luck.

also the last time around, I think it may have shorted some electrical and now my auto dimming side mirrors turned yellow and don’t work properly. They are really expensive to place. Thanks for listening to my rant.
Old 09-29-20, 05:37 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

If you can pour a small amount of water in those drains and see that come out on ground on each side those should be fine.

How is your sunroof seal? This isn't supposed to be water tight (some water will leak through) but if seal is in really bad condition with substantial gap it may allow enough water in beyond what the drains can accommodate especially if your vehicle was parked downhill. This then can overflow and go into the A-Pillars. Not likely but something to check out.

Have you checked the seal around the windshield with the water hose test?

You might want to pull glove box out before test and put out some small towels just to prevent any further damage.

Also pull off the forward grab handle on the A-Pillar. Once you remove the the two bolts holding handle it just pulls out inward.

If it is coming down A-Pillar you will clearly see it as well.

Last edited by Acrad; 09-29-20 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-29-20, 07:24 PM
dmasuda
Driver School Candidate

If you can pour a small amount of water in those drains and see that come out on ground on each side those should be fine.

How is your sunroof seal? This isn't supposed to be water tight (some water will leak through) but if seal is in really bad condition with substantial gap it may allow enough water in beyond what the drains can accommodate especially if your vehicle was parked downhill. This then can overflow and go into the A-Pillars. Not likely but something to check out.

Have you checked the seal around the windshield with the water hose test?

You might want to pull glove box out before test and put out some small towels just to prevent any further damage.

Also pull off the forward grab handle on the A-Pillar. Once you remove the the two bolts holding handle it just pulls out inward.

If it is coming down A-Pillar you will clearly see it as well.
thanks.

I’ll definitely give those a try. Funny enough, both times it flooded, the car was facing downhill but I tried to replicate the water with the hose and nothing. though I find it hard to believe that facing the car downhill is the cause. If that’s the case, then the design is flawed.

I checked the sunroof seal and it looks ok, no cracks or anything I can see.

im really beginning to despise my GX. I’m trying really hard for reasons to keep it but seems like I’m getting issues after issues. water leaking and the now the auto dim malfunctioning might have been the last straw.

this forum is great though. I’ve learned a lot
Old 09-29-20, 07:30 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Downhill would only be an issue if sunroof seal was compromised. If that water did come down A-Pillar it would have landed right on numerous ECUs in that area.

Another area... perhaps the forward bolt on driver side roof rail is letting water in?
Old 09-30-20, 03:07 PM
JoshDrivin
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My turn!

Dealer oil change done around 4. Drove 60 miles and went to car wash. Pulled out of car wash and Toyoro stalled 🤦🏽‍♂️

I did get water ingress through the sunroof. Water visible at glove box hinge and kick panel.

Don't tell me the ECU is there!

Old 09-30-20, 03:20 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

On a 10-13 roughly this ....

Old 09-30-20, 03:35 PM
JoshDrivin
Driver

Blowing the moist area with compressed air like a 'noreaster until triple A shows up to take Toyoro back to the dealer.

Last edited by JoshDrivin; 09-30-20 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-30-20, 04:06 PM
JoshDrivin
Driver

And bye bye. Most likely will be at the dealer for a week to do the 100k maintenance and cooling system refresh work as I was negotiating the price on that with them today.

To add salt to the wound, I called the Admiral to come pick me up, and the battery is dead on her car 🤦🏽‍♂️ Left a light on 💡 Triple A is not happy with me today 😅 Gonna be one of those -$4,000 weeks 🤑

Old 09-30-20, 04:12 PM
JoshDrivin
Driver

On a 10-13 roughly this ....

Only a couple 😆
Old 10-02-20, 05:11 PM
dmasuda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JoshDrivin
And bye bye. Most likely will be at the dealer for a week to do the 100k maintenance and cooling system refresh work as I was negotiating the price on that with them today.

To add salt to the wound, I called the Admiral to come pick me up, and the battery is dead on her car 🤦🏽‍♂️ Left a light on 💡 Triple A is not happy with me today 😅 Gonna be one of those -$4,000 weeks 🤑

I feel your pain.

Hang in there.

Please update once you find the cause of the leak as I think Im in the same boat.
Old 10-02-20, 08:15 PM
JoshDrivin
Driver

Originally Posted by dmasuda
Please update once you find the cause of the leak as I think Im in the same boat.
Ooof, will do.

Bad car week; even the new RX350 loaner the dealer gave me had to go back. Went to fill it up for a trip and the gasoline started spilling/overflowing under the car like 2 seconds before the gas nozzle clicked off. What a mess at the Costco pump 🙆🏽‍♂️

Quick Reply: Water Leaks - Interior