GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New To Lexus Which One?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-13, 06:08 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
None came with chrome wheels, I ordered mine from US Wheel Exchange and had my Lexus dealer install them...
Ahhh thanks, I was under the impression that they came standard on the premium. I will check out the site, thats probably my biggest complaint, the Lexus rims are so boring that I will probably get some new shoes on it eventually.
Old 05-28-13, 06:21 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Craig B
None came with chrome wheels, I ordered mine from US Wheel Exchange and had my Lexus dealer install them...
Whoa that concept is pretty awesome, did you have success with it? I would def consider this! I'm assuming the quote of $286 is per wheel and not for the set correct? Now I might have to get serious about finding a black GX so I can go with the Black PermaChrome!
Old 05-28-13, 06:48 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with US wheel exchange as well and I had some issues. I received one ate, every wheel had fish eyes in the chrome, shipped them back, they sent me another set and 3 out of 4 center caps were broken, horrible boxing, also the wheels weren't perfect but I didn't want to go through with it again. The dealer installed them and scratched all 4 wheels. Next step was dealer ordered 4 of their chrome wheels and put them on and they are the wheels I'm running now. But back to US wheels exchange, I sent my cores back, tracked them and they arrived, they had them for a week and no refund! I called them and they argued with me that I sent them Lexus ES wheels and they weren't going to give me my Credit back! Well, many phone calls and screaming matches later they admitted their shipping / receiving guy made a mistake and they would be sending my core credit back to me.

At the end of the day since I had the dealer wheels and the US wheel exchange wheels I have to say that the wheels from the dealer have a better looking chrome and they carry the OEM warranty.
Old 05-28-13, 07:04 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I went with US wheel exchange as well and I had some issues. I received one ate, every wheel had fish eyes in the chrome, shipped them back, they sent me another set and 3 out of 4 center caps were broken, horrible boxing, also the wheels weren't perfect but I didn't want to go through with it again. The dealer installed them and scratched all 4 wheels. Next step was dealer ordered 4 of their chrome wheels and put them on and they are the wheels I'm running now. But back to US wheels exchange, I sent my cores back, tracked them and they arrived, they had them for a week and no refund! I called them and they argued with me that I sent them Lexus ES wheels and they weren't going to give me my Credit back! Well, many phone calls and screaming matches later they admitted their shipping / receiving guy made a mistake and they would be sending my core credit back to me.

At the end of the day since I had the dealer wheels and the US wheel exchange wheels I have to say that the wheels from the dealer have a better looking chrome and they carry the OEM warranty.

Thanks good to know, I read that a few other places as well.

I guess if it comes down to it I will just go through the dealer to see what they can do for me, sometimes that might be worth the extra money. The entire idea of a wheel exchange was new to me as I have always had stock rims, but the GX rims are so ugly. I wonder if they would sell the F Sport rims, the entire package is only 2k I'd say a majority of the cost for that has to be the rims, it can't be the exhaust tip lol.
Old 05-29-13, 04:29 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoRy
Thanks good to know, I read that a few other places as well.

I guess if it comes down to it I will just go through the dealer to see what they can do for me, sometimes that might be worth the extra money. The entire idea of a wheel exchange was new to me as I have always had stock rims, but the GX rims are so ugly. I wonder if they would sell the F Sport rims, the entire package is only 2k I'd say a majority of the cost for that has to be the rims, it can't be the exhaust tip lol.
I dealt with Marcus the general manager and had no issues or problems with my wheels or credit. I paid the return shipping and let the Lexus dealer ship my cores back. I have triple chrome wheels on my LS 460, but I don't drive it in the snow. The regular chrome wheels can rust and pit. I wax my wheels when I wax my vehicle and have had no problems with the finish on the US Wheel Exchange wheels.
Old 06-01-13, 12:55 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

So I'm pretty sold on the GX and will be looking to purchase in the next couple weeks. Today I found one at a Lexus dealer they just got in yesterday. However it's not certified. The salesman said he would talk to service on Monday to see what it would take to get it certified. So my questions if anyone knows, 1) what are some things about the car that would make it uncertified? 2) if they do get it certified should I expect them to pass the cost of doing so onto me? My thinking is if they say they can get it certified, and I like the car, I offer them what they are asking for it now but have them pay for it to be certified, how does that sound?
Old 06-01-13, 01:47 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I'm pretty sold on the GX and will be looking to purchase in the next couple weeks. Today I found one at a Lexus dealer they just got in yesterday. However it's not certified. The salesman said he would talk to service on Monday to see what it would take to get it certified. So my questions if anyone knows, 1) what are some things about the car that would make it uncertified? 2) if they do get it certified should I expect them to pass the cost of doing so onto me? My thinking is if they say they can get it certified, and I like the car, I offer them what they are asking for it now but have them pay for it to be certified, how does that sound?
Doesn't CPO mean that dealer will be on the hook for fixing certain things that might go broke going forward? I'm not sure how exactly the CPO program works in a sense of whether the repair costs could be passed to Lexus or not but if dealer will have to perform repairs out of their pocket then just paying them for certification cost (the cost of running the checks alone) is certainly not going to cut it because they'll be taking on additional risks.
Old 06-01-13, 04:10 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Quadro
Doesn't CPO mean that dealer will be on the hook for fixing certain things that might go broke going forward? I'm not sure how exactly the CPO program works in a sense of whether the repair costs could be passed to Lexus or not but if dealer will have to perform repairs out of their pocket then just paying them for certification cost (the cost of running the checks alone) is certainly not going to cut it because they'll be taking on additional risks.
Ok thanks I wasn't sure how that all worked and who would eat the cost of possible future repairs.
Old 06-01-13, 07:35 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Just so I'm clear on this... If I buy a CPO Lexus, can I only get it serviced at the exact dealer I bought it from or can I go to any dealer? Just because I've been looking at dealers a little far from where I live, but there is a dealer in the city.
Old 06-02-13, 09:24 AM
LFIL
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just so I'm clear on this... If I buy a CPO Lexus, can I only get it serviced at the exact dealer I bought it from or can I go to any dealer? Just because I've been looking at dealers a little far from where I live, but there is a dealer in the city.
You will be able to get it serviced at any Lexus dealership. In fact, I bought a CPO RX from McGrath and have had warranty work done only at my "local" dealer.

I always thought CPO programs involved the dealer paying the manufacturer a fee (almost likee buying an extended warranty). The manufacturer then covers any warranty costs.
Old 06-02-13, 12:04 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by LFIL
You will be able to get it serviced at any Lexus dealership. In fact, I bought a CPO RX from McGrath and have had warranty work done only at my "local" dealer.

I always thought CPO programs involved the dealer paying the manufacturer a fee (almost likee buying an extended warranty). The manufacturer then covers any warranty costs.
You are correct, the dealer does have to pay Lexus for the CPO since it provides it with 3 year/100k warranty. They used to pay $1,000 for this but it may be more now from what I understand. They also check the maintenance items (tires, brakes, etc.) and if they are worn down to a certain threshold they will replace them. As a result, the CPO cars typically cost more than non-CPO. The CPO warranty is not as comprehensive as the original 4 year / 50k mile warranty which covers pretty much everything.
Old 06-02-13, 02:37 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks for the clarification, glad I can get it done at any dealer.
Old 06-17-13, 09:58 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe all GX's with the premium pkg. have semi-analine leather.
Old 06-18-13, 09:39 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
I believe all GX's with the premium pkg. have semi-analine leather.
You can get this as an option on the base model as well. You can get everything the premium has except AVS, air springs and headlight washers. Oh there are also illuminated scuff plates and chrome going all the way up on the rear windows which you can't have on base.
Old 06-18-13, 10:48 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadro
You can get this as an option on the base model as well. You can get everything the premium has except AVS, air springs and headlight washers. Oh there are also illuminated scuff plates and chrome going all the way up on the rear windows which you can't have on base.
Also the heated steering wheel wasn't an option on the base, at least from 2010-2012.

Quick Reply: New To Lexus Which One?