Vibration/Shake Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-12, 07:19 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LISAnCALI
SaniDeli
I called Lexus to see what my next steps should be in resolving my shaking and vibration issues. I was told that someone would be calling me back after they looked into my situation. I waited a week and never heard back so I called them back and was told the same thing a supervisor would call me back, waited for a call and 6 hours later I did get a call and they told me they wanted to do a conference call with me the next day... all fine. The next day came and went along with 3 others. I was fed up so I took to the social media ie: twitter, facebook to complain about my issue and wouldn't you know I received a response within the hour and had a representative call me the next day. I am currently going through the channels to have an arbitration hearing to see if I can get this resolved. For me the bad ride isn't so much about how much I spent on the car or how annoying it is (trust me its a horrible ride and overpriced if its going to be like this), its about safety! I had my GX start to shake without warning so violently that it was hard to control, it was as if I had thrown all my weights off the front tires or was loosing a tire and I was only going 55. This is not a situation that I want to happen while going 70+ on the freeway.
Im not a picky person when it comes to cars and I own 13 cars ranging from Ford 3, Chevy 1, Toyota 2, Lexus 2, Cadillac 2, Porsche 1, Fiat 1, Jeep 1, and a car should drive correct and safely and as far as Im concerned my GX460 does not. I can drive my 1958 corvette or my 2012 Fiat and not have any issues with steering or vibrations and these cars are each in their own classification. I am really hoping that they buy my car back and keep me as a happy customer rather than ignore me and drive me to never own another Lexus again.
Lisa
First of all, you ARE a picky person when it comes to cars ... anyone who owns 13 cars has to be picky about cars. Otherwise, when do you stop buying? ;-) I've owned ten 'Lexi' but only one at a time. Obviously, Lexus has satisfied me and has kept me as a happy customer. Let's see if they can do the same for you.

As long as Lexus believes they can keep you as a happy customer they have a strong incentive to solve this problem. You and I are both "car people" ... we are the kind of customers that Lexus wants, but for that matter every brand would want us as customers! Your expectation that your Lexus should ride smoothly and safely like the dozen other cars you own is completely reasonable. Keep working with Lexus as they can try and solve the problem to your satisfaction.

If Lexus is unable to satisfy you after enough time and effort they really have no alternative but to replace your vehicle… assuming they want to keep you as a customer ... and vice versa. I'm intrigued to hear that publishing your problems produced results, but don't write anything you will regret. There are reasons for sharing our complaints publicly, but this may be the time for quiet and private face-to-face discussions, preferably with the General Manager at the dealership.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 11-17-12, 08:35 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LISAnCALI
If you find a way to get them to buy yours back please let me know. I have a 2011 GX460 for a little over a year its been in the shop 4 times and away from me for over a month and a half. It started when I first bought the car it was shaky and had a bad vibration throughout the car. They told me to drive it for awhile and it should fix itself, NOT. I have taken it back several times for the vibrations I feel throughout the car a steerwheel that shakys so bad my arms hurt and the whole back seat shakys with or without someone in them. They a have torn apart my chassis tried to fix the issue only to make it worse and have to redue everything they did (ended up keeping my car for 2 weeks), I have had new tires put on and it taken to a specialty shop to have them balanced while under a load. everytime I get it back its good for abpout 100 miles then starts all over again. My kids refuse to ride in the back and I have taken to driving my daughters IS250 instead of mine. HELP beynod fed up!
Are you located in northern or southern California?
Old 01-06-13, 07:12 AM
MDIRADS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake pedal vibration and noise

Hi

new poster to the forum and new GX460 owner.

We purchased the vehicle (2013 GX460) in September 2012, and had the car for 6 weeks before my wife was hit by an oncoming car who missed a stop sign. 8 weeks later and 23k of repairable damage to driver fender, front bumper, grille, hood, frame, and all components within those major areas, we received our vehicle.

The vehicle is wonderful and a joy to drive. However, there is a peculiar trait that I am concerned about, and want to query the forum for thoughts and suggestions. When the brake pedal is depressed at low speeds (ie maneurving in parking lot, entering driveway), there is a slight vibration to the pedal (similar to the vibration from a cell phone) and a noise that suggests an electric motor is working. The vibration is not like ABS; ABS is a profound vibration. The vibration we experience is very slight. The vibration is not apparent at highway speeds.

I do not recall either the vibration or the noise prior to the accident, and I suspect that this is a result from the accident or from the repairs. Do any other 2013 GX460 owners have insight or suggestions that I may persue? I have already brought the GX back to the dealer for this problem and they were quick to dismiss it, but I am really concerned that this is a real problem, and I want the dealer to re-assess, but I want to ask the resources of this forum before I revisit the dealership.
Attached Thumbnails Vibration/Shake Issues-img_0060.jpg   Vibration/Shake Issues-img_0061.jpg   Vibration/Shake Issues-img_0062.jpg   Vibration/Shake Issues-img_0063.jpg  
Old 01-06-13, 07:32 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

could be a warped rotor or pad issue?

is the car still under warranty or not? take it back to lexus dealer. from looks of the accident, doesnt look like the brakes were damaged.

i am sorry about your gx. how fast was other person going?
Old 01-06-13, 07:43 AM
MDIRADS
Driver School Candidate

doesn't a warped rotor also cause vibration in steering wheel? The vibration we sense is only through the brake pedal.

posted speed for oncoming traffic is 20 mph (I believe); he was probably going faster that that.
Old 01-06-13, 07:48 AM
rockydog
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch. No brake vibration with my pedal.
Did they replace only the driver side rotor/pads? Might be them bedding in.
Can't believe the cops kept the vehicle on a train track.
Old 01-06-13, 07:54 AM
MDIRADS
Driver School Candidate

the vehicle ended up on the tracks. it was a weekend and I don't think that line runs on the weekends. it was flatbedded within 2 hours.
Old 01-06-13, 11:22 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch sorry about your GX. I've seen people running stop signs without even slowing down a number of times. Talk about being in a wrong place at a wrong time...
Old 01-06-13, 02:05 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I had my rotors replaced under warranty. I had a vibration, but no noise. I think the dealer over torqued my wheels and it warped my rotors.
Old 01-06-13, 02:51 PM
MDIRADS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Craig B
I had my rotors replaced under warranty. I had a vibration, but no noise. I think the dealer over torqued my wheels and it warped my rotors.
did you have a vibration in the brake pedal?
Old 01-06-13, 03:47 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MDIRADS
did you have a vibration in the brake pedal?
Yes, and the steering wheel, the brade pedal pulsated...
Old 01-08-13, 04:09 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like a damaged rotor and/or brake component (caliper). It's odd there is no vibs at speed. It was probably from the accident. Take it to the Stealer and notify your insurance. It should be covered by the claim.

Koz
Old 01-08-13, 06:09 PM
MDIRADS
Driver School Candidate

took it to dealer yesterday. they suspect problem is with master cylinder, so they ordered a replacement. we'll start there and see what happens. thanks for the input.
Old 01-09-13, 10:14 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

took it to dealer yesterday. they suspect problem is with master cylinder, so they ordered a replacement. we'll start there and see what happens. thanks for the input.
Good luck!
Old 01-10-13, 11:00 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Interesting! That would explain no vibs at speed.

Koz

Quick Reply: Vibration/Shake Issues