GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models
View Poll Results: Does your GX460 Lean?
Yes: Low on the passenger side
57.61%
Yes: Low on the driver side
10.33%
No, I've measured on a flat grade and it's even
32.07%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

KDSS Lean

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-15, 10:36 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the GX460 on-going problem of the rear not level on KDSS model is part of Lexus engineering defect. What ever happened to the Pursuit of Perfection? Lexus even issued a TSB to fix the problem however the level must be outside of specifications for the repairs to be approved.

I recently took my GX460 to a Lexus dealership with the initial impression that they was going to complete the repairs. The tech just measured the height from the rear wheel well to the ground on both sides and advised that they were within specs. Looking from the rear, you definitely know that the vehicle wasn't level bc the right side tend to tilt slightly downward- an eyesore plus you don't need a tape measure to determine the level issue. What a waste of time @ the dealer!

I noticed the not level issue only is visible when the vehicle is parked. Have anyone encountered the problem when the vehicle is in motion?

I've attached the TSB in case you want to battle the issue with your local Lexus dealer. Please let me know your outcome. My Lexus dealer wasn't able to resolve the problem to my satisfaction.

If I knew this was a major issue, I would have purchased the MB GL450!

Old 07-08-15, 10:39 AM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah GX460PREM if i had known it too, i had some argument with one of there rep coz we're about to have a long trip and they said its safe to drive then i said i didn't buy a vehicle that looks funny on the hi way so they give us a loaner car ,ohiois350 i have same as yours white on ecru same problem and its in the shop right now hehehehe i will update you all as soon i get on the vehicle and will do TSB if they haven't performed it.I saw the pictures of brxsilva to me thats un acceptable,i have the video of mine putting cellphone iPhone 5 on both wheels you can see on the left, phone can stand up and still some centimeters room while on the right side phone won't even fit standing at all and since i have known and there rep actually said to me that this problem already existed i now start taking pictures of all GX460 on the road

Last edited by boyettexan; 07-08-15 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-08-15, 11:21 AM
GX460PREM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably captured my GX460 in your photo collection adventure. Can't miss it from the rear. LOL
Old 07-08-15, 04:31 PM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GX460PREM
You probably captured my GX460 in your photo collection adventure. Can't miss it from the rear. LOL

maybe but i cant really tell ..........they all lean to the right
Old 07-08-15, 06:31 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by boyettexan
yeah GX460PREM if i had known it too, i had some argument with one of there rep coz we're about to have a long trip and they said its safe to drive then i said i didn't buy a vehicle that looks funny on the hi way so they give us a loaner car ,ohiois350 i have same as yours white on ecru same problem and its in the shop right now hehehehe i will update you all as soon i get on the vehicle and will do TSB if they haven't performed it.I saw the pictures of brxsilva to me thats un acceptable,i have the video of mine putting cellphone iPhone 5 on both wheels you can see on the left, phone can stand up and still some centimeters room while on the right side phone won't even fit standing at all and since i have known and there rep actually said to me that this problem already existed i now start taking pictures of all GX460 on the road
Yeah I had my replaced with TSB one, but still no luck and the truck still steer to the right, I have to hold the steering wheel at 11' clock to keep it straight , would what they said tomorrow?
Old 07-08-15, 08:35 PM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Yeah I had my replaced with TSB one, but still no luck and the truck still steer to the right, I have to hold the steering wheel at 11' clock to keep it straight , would what they said tomorrow?
before i brought mine to the dealer Sterling McCall Lexus at Freeway i called them that vehicle is leaning to the right then they said bring it in and they will fix it they put 2 new tires (ohh yeah) vehicle has 19200 mls, I was like thank you but car is not pulling but leaning . havent heard from them since MOnday i drop off my vehicle called my agent that i will return it if problem still exist
Old 07-20-15, 02:17 PM
chidoks
Pole Position

any updates?

Originally Posted by boyettexan
before i brought mine to the dealer Sterling McCall Lexus at Freeway i called them that vehicle is leaning to the right then they said bring it in and they will fix it they put 2 new tires (ohh yeah) vehicle has 19200 mls, I was like thank you but car is not pulling but leaning . havent heard from them since MOnday i drop off my vehicle called my agent that i will return it if problem still exist
Old 07-21-15, 08:14 AM
Bluto
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So this is a problem on any GX 460 (KDSS), and not just those equipped rear air suspension?
Old 07-21-15, 04:45 PM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have this issue on my 2010 base (no air suspension). I was wondering the same thing, is this only with the air suspension?
Old 07-22-15, 10:16 AM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No issues on my 2010 premium (with air suspension) either.
Old 09-05-15, 08:11 AM
Sungkyo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So no one has ever, ever, ever had their lean completely fixed? I had front left spring replaced and like others it helped a "little" . I kept hoping I would get used to or magically fix itself and it hasn't. I went to an aftermarket truck specialty shop to see about buying aftermarket front springs to try to remedy and was told there are none for the front. (there are for back).. I will probably just trade it off soon. There's just nothing else out there in this size I'm excited about or I would have already traded. IF I knew 100% it wouldn't happen on a 2015/16 I would trade but I don't and I risk that vehicle ALSO being within Lexus "Specs"
Old 09-07-15, 09:43 AM
ZMushtaq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sungkyo
So no one has ever, ever, ever had their lean completely fixed? I had front left spring replaced and like others it helped a "little" . I kept hoping I would get used to or magically fix itself and it hasn't. I went to an aftermarket truck specialty shop to see about buying aftermarket front springs to try to remedy and was told there are none for the front. (there are for back).. I will probably just trade it off soon. There's just nothing else out there in this size I'm excited about or I would have already traded. IF I knew 100% it wouldn't happen on a 2015/16 I would trade but I don't and I risk that vehicle ALSO being within Lexus "Specs"
well, I got mine completely fixed.... They replaced the FL Coil Spring along with Front Side KDSS Cylinder. It is perfectly balanced now.... Only replacing Coil Spring will not fix it...
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (02-08-17)
Old 09-07-15, 07:56 PM
Sungkyo
Driver

Originally Posted by ZMushtaq
well, I got mine completely fixed.... They replaced the FL Coil Spring along with Front Side KDSS Cylinder. It is perfectly balanced now.... Only replacing Coil Spring will not fix it...
Zmushtaq, you have a private message and thank you in advance
Old 09-08-15, 04:48 PM
BA777
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

In the market for a 2016 GX460.. And while on vacation I came across a GX470 that have a heavy lean to the driver side(See picture below). Hopefully this has been fixed on the 2016 GX460. Really embarrassing for a 60k truck.

Leaning GX470
Old 09-08-15, 05:45 PM
GBSGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BA777
In the market for a 2016 GX460.. And while on vacation I came across a GX470 that have a heavy lean to the driver side(See picture below). Hopefully this has been fixed on the 2016 GX460. Really embarrassing for a 60k truck.

Leaning GX470

Maybe the damage on the passenger side rear end has something to do with the heavy lean.

Quick Reply: KDSS Lean