GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014 Lexus Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-14, 05:07 PM
sgrol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Lexus Parts

Just got a new Lexus GX 460, first Lexus for us. I do my own maintenance due to distance to dealer and am having problem finding parts at the local parts houses that fit the Lexus. I can find plenty of parts for the Toyota Tundra with the 4.6 engine. Question is, if you get Lexus parts at the dealership are they Lexus branded or Toyota? I would think the Toyota parts, or parts for the Tundra would fit the Lexus without a problem.
Old 01-30-14, 07:38 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Try Sewell Lexus - they even have a discount if you are a member of this forum! I have not ordered yet since I have only had my GX460 for less than 2 months but everyone on here speaks highly of them.
Old 01-30-14, 11:43 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes Sewell Lexus is awesome and the prices are very reasonable. Especially for Lexus parts. Give them a try. Be sure to sign up as a Club Lexus member and you'll definitely get a great deal...
Old 01-31-14, 06:10 AM
frank69m
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are awesome if they would respond. I emailed them 2 days ago and no response.
Old 01-31-14, 07:23 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Hey guys check us out at www.MyLparts.com! We have great online prices and if you use CL5 you get an additional 10% off! We offer free shipping over $150 and low $5 shipping for under $150. We don't sell any large body pieces online and rotors don't qualify for shipping specials as they are just too heavy. We are a Lexus dealer out in Northern California and have been selling on line since 2006. We also manage a site called www.Lpartsworld.com that has all of our accessories, filters, brake pads and a lot more. Hope to do business with you!
Old 01-31-14, 08:55 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrol
Just got a new Lexus GX 460, first Lexus for us. I do my own maintenance due to distance to dealer and am having problem finding parts at the local parts houses that fit the Lexus. I can find plenty of parts for the Toyota Tundra with the 4.6 engine. Question is, if you get Lexus parts at the dealership are they Lexus branded or Toyota? I would think the Toyota parts, or parts for the Tundra would fit the Lexus without a problem.
You can get oil filters and maintenance parts at any Toyota dealership. I have my oil changed at the local Toyota dealership. My dealer is also too far away.
Old 01-31-14, 09:31 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
You can get oil filters and maintenance parts at any Toyota dealership. I have my oil changed at the local Toyota dealership. My dealer is also too far away.
Yep good point, I have done a fair amounf of service at my Toyota dealership as well. They were also able to easily source Lexus parts and had all the manuals and tools to install them.
Old 01-31-14, 02:51 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 881 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by frank69m
They are awesome if they would respond. I emailed them 2 days ago and no response.
I have made several purchases from Sewell and the only complaint was with the crap quality interior/exterior LEDs they sent me and I could not get a response regarding return. I was about to call my credit card company to dispute the charges but I was finally contacted after sending multiple emails. Prices are good compared to walking into a Lexus dealer
Old 02-03-14, 06:00 AM
sgrol
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MyLparts
Hey guys check us out at www.MyLparts.com! We have great online prices and if you use CL5 you get an additional 10% off! We offer free shipping over $150 and low $5 shipping for under $150. We don't sell any large body pieces online and rotors don't qualify for shipping specials as they are just too heavy. We are a Lexus dealer out in Northern California and have been selling on line since 2006. We also manage a site called www.Lpartsworld.com that has all of our accessories, filters, brake pads and a lot more. Hope to do business with you!
I tried your site and Sewell. Neither has options for 2014 vehicles.
Old 02-03-14, 08:22 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Most 2013 ans 2014 stuff is the same. The only vehicle we had a lot of change in was the IS models. You can always call us at 916-677-8813. Thanks!
Old 02-03-14, 12:41 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by sgrol
Many parts are the same and/or interchangeable from Toyota (Tundra) to Lexus (GX), especially the common maintenance items. Should you need to compare, you can always reference our online catalog to ultimately determine for yourself what offers greater benefit purchasing locally or out-of-state.

2014 GX, landing page.

Just to convey an approximation to the preferred pricing we offer, take a oil filter for your GX. By registering an account on our site with your CL credentials, the price of the oil filter is under $4, with a case (10) priced at $35. This may give some better details to the same old superfluous statements we hear all too often.

Darrel Diller
Old 02-06-14, 05:13 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

I noticed on the following thread that many are having issues getting the discount on Sewell so just an FYI for GX 2nd Gen.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...ell-lexus.html
Old 02-07-14, 01:50 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts
Default You are out of line.

Originally Posted by tecman
I noticed on the following thread that many are having issues getting the discount on Sewell so just an FYI for GX 2nd Gen.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...ell-lexus.html
The CL code works great, and flawless if you follow the sign up correctly. Why would you post garbage like that? Sewell has been nothing but wonderful and supportive to CL Members. Especially Darrell.

You are out of line with that post.

Randy B
Old 02-07-14, 04:25 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Randy B
The CL code works great, and flawless if you follow the sign up correctly. Why would you post garbage like that? Sewell has been nothing but wonderful and supportive to CL Members. Especially Darrell.

You are out of line with that post.

Randy B
The answer to your question is in your first sentence, "if you follow the sign up correctly." My link was only for instructional value and within the link you can see people are not signing up correctly. There is nothing negative about Sewell so not sure what your 2nd comment is about.