GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

OEM Hitch / Tow Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-21, 01:53 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

I checked with Matt@OEM and he says he still shows a few in stock he can get his hands on

https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/oem-...tch-pt22860140

EDIT: Another update... on back order again and Lexus put a stop sale on them

Last edited by Acrad; 10-22-21 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-22-21, 02:19 PM
nearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
I checked with Matt@OEM and he says he still shows a few in stock he can get his hands on

https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/oem-...tch-pt22860140

EDIT: Another update... on back order again and Lexus put a stop sale on them
Any idea for the reason behind the stop sale? Seems strange for a part that's been around so long.

A Curt class III is looking more likely....
Old 10-22-21, 02:23 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

If like last time.... probably supply chain related.
The following users liked this post:
IanG (10-22-21)
Old 10-22-21, 02:27 PM
nearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
If like last time.... probably supply chain related.

Cool, thank you. I can deal with a delay for the time being - class III can tide me over.
Acrad (10-22-21)
Old 10-23-21, 04:41 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

All of the marked out stuff below was a lie by a parts guy trying to cover his a$$ as it shouldn't have sold me the hitch...grrr.

My incoming GX had the tow hitch removed from the build while it was at the port so the dealership said they'd install one before I picked it up as I need a hitch.

THERE IS NO RECALL ON THEM!

That was last week and fast forward to today I see this thread and contact the salesperson about the lack of hitches. She gets back to me and says their service manager hadn't heard of anything but she'll find out more on Monday as she's off today.

I decided to call the parts department at their other dealership as they have an online presence on the Lexus parts website even though they too listed it as no longer being available.

The guy I spoke with said they had 1 in stock there while the dealership my GX is coming to doesn't have any. I asked if I could buy it and have them transfer it to the dealership my GX is coming into and was told they could do that.

I tried to ask the salesperson if she cared if I did that since I really need the hitch but she didn't respond for 15min (she was off today so that's understandable) so I called the parts department back and bought it so I didn't miss out on it as the dealership is 150 miles away. The parts guy said he'd do the same thing and it'll be transferred on Tuesday when their next truck runs over to the other dealership. He put my salesperson's name on it and I let her know it was coming.

About an hour later she emailed me back and said thanks for grabbing it and letting her know. She'll keep an eye out for it and it'll be installed before we come to pick up the GX in 2-3 weeks when it arrives.

Buying a vehicle to replace the 4Runner has been a PITA and I will never again try to buy a vehicle that isn't sitting on the lot where I can drive it home the same day.

Last edited by jlficken; 10-25-21 at 02:58 PM.
Zhulik (10-24-21)
Old 10-24-21, 04:09 PM
Zhulik
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bummer...

Originally Posted by jlficken
My incoming GX had the tow hitch removed from the build while it was at the port so the dealership said they'd install one before I picked it up as I need a hitch.

That was last week and fast forward to today I see this thread and contact the salesperson about the lack of hitches. She gets back to me and says their service manager hadn't heard of anything but she'll find out more on Monday as she's off today.

I decided to call the parts department at their other dealership as they have an online presence on the Lexus parts website even though they too listed it as no longer being available.

The guy I spoke with said they had 1 in stock there while the dealership my GX is coming to doesn't have any. I asked if I could buy it and have them transfer it to the dealership my GX is coming into and was told they could do that.

I tried to ask the salesperson if she cared if I did that since I really need the hitch but she didn't respond for 15min (she was off today so that's understandable) so I called the parts department back and bought it so I didn't miss out on it as the dealership is 150 miles away. The parts guy said he'd do the same thing and it'll be transferred on Tuesday when their next truck runs over to the other dealership. He put my salesperson's name on it and I let her know it was coming.

About an hour later she emailed me back and said thanks for grabbing it and letting her know. She'll keep an eye out for it and it'll be installed before we come to pick up the GX in 2-3 weeks when it arrives.

Buying a vehicle to replace the 4Runner has been a PITA and I will never again try to buy a vehicle that isn't sitting on the lot where I can drive it home the same day.
Just picked up our 2022 last week and was surprised with the missing hitch. Was told they did not install it at the port and they were really sorry for not seeing it before it got there. Will pay for repairs and installation at my local dealer once and they will reimburse. Haven't heard from the dealership when I booked an appointment that it would be somewhere of a shortage as they scheduled me for installation this week.
Old 10-24-21, 04:11 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zhulik
Just picked up our 2022 last week and was surprised with the missing hitch. Was told they did not install it at the port and they were really sorry for not seeing it before it got there. Will pay for repairs and installation at my local dealer once and they will reimburse. Haven't heard from the dealership when I booked an appointment that it would be somewhere of a shortage as they scheduled me for installation this week.

Yeah I saw the hitch was removed from my build when the window sticker showed up on the Toyota Window Sticker API website that I found.

When I contacted the dealership about it they had no idea it was missing until they looked to confirm but said they weren't surprised.

Last edited by jlficken; 10-24-21 at 05:38 PM.
Zhulik (10-24-21)
Old 10-25-21, 06:40 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

@Acrad

No hitch for me...grrr.

I just got a call from the dealership that they can't send the hitch to their other dealership for me as there's an open recall on them which is why they are listed as being unavailable currently.

Last edited by jlficken; 10-25-21 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-25-21, 07:17 AM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 378 Likes on 211 Posts

No hitch for me...grrr.

I just got a call from the dealership that they can't send the hitch to their other dealership for me as there's an open recall on them all which is why they are listed as being unavailable currently.
Good information. I'd like to know how large the recall is and what years it may effect.
Old 10-25-21, 07:26 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1974Boler
Good information. I'd like to know how large the recall is and what years it may effect.
I'm asking about another '22 that they have on the lot with a hitch as it was built about a month before mine and still has the hitch listed on it so it may just be a recent thing.
Old 10-25-21, 07:33 AM
IanG
Intermediate

I'm asking about another '22 that they have on the lot with a hitch as it was built about a month before mine and still has the hitch listed on it so it may just be a recent thing.
Thanks, picked my GX up in mid-August, have towed about 1500 km so far and no problem but don't want a surprise
Old 10-25-21, 08:23 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Thanks, picked my GX up in mid-August, have towed about 1500 km so far and no problem but don't want a surprise
Given that you're in Canada and all of the boxes for hitches that I've seen on Ebay and the like have been marked "Made in USA" I'm guessing yours is fine since it's most likely not a Made in USA hitch.

It also appears that it's just recent hitches as I've seen a lot of vehicles with hitches on them for sale in the US from earlier batches including the one I was going to get that was built on 8/19.
IanG (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21, 02:57 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Well, I feel dumb now for posting earlier.

It appears that the person at the dealership I ordered the hitch from lied and it had nothing to do with a recall. Rather it was just something to do with they needed to just transfer it to the other dealership without me buying it first.

I've had nothing but problems trying to replace my 4Runner and the trend continues. It is now in "F" status, however, they're saying it's not going to get here until 11/15 at the earliest now....ugh.
Old 10-25-21, 03:33 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Thumbs up

....It appears that the person at the dealership I ordered the hitch from lied and it had nothing to do with a recall.
LOL, not a big deal, I would rather hear this news than it really being a recall.
Thanks for the update
Old 10-25-21, 03:39 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

LOL, not a big deal, I would rather hear this news than it really being a recall.
Thanks for the update

No problem and I agree.

I just hate spreading rumors based on a lie but I had no reason not to believe them either.

Quick Reply: OEM Hitch / Tow Package