Received 375 Likes on 286 Posts

whoever does this please take some pics and lets us see. thanks
The following users liked this post:
WRD4chano (06-02-20)
Old 11-11-19, 04:02 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,663 Likes on 2,398 Posts

Possibly not the best place for video so re-link in other threads if you come across one.

This is for 10-13 models.

Romanova (11-13-19)
Old 05-30-20, 08:09 PM
WRD4chano
Advanced

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts
Default finally figured out why my bumper keeps popping out, how can I fix it?

before it would just pop out slightly, but I took a long highway trip today andwhen I got out I noticed that it was waaay out, instead of just tapping it back in, I got a closer look and noticed that the hole where the screw fits into was torn/busted.

anyone have experience with this? I remember seeing another member with a similar issue (tecman?) but cant find the posts.

im also experiencing a similar issue with the rear plate holder assembly(76811-60907-B0), the right side pops out about 2mm, and when I push it on it, it clicks into place, then pops back out. can I just replace the clips or would I have to buy the whole thing?

thanks

Old 05-30-20, 08:22 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,663 Likes on 2,398 Posts

Posts here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ender-gap.html
WRD4chano (05-30-20)
Old 06-01-20, 10:37 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

You can probably epoxy a thin washer on top of the cover hole. Also check the inside clip too. Usually the clips are what held the cover in place and the screw doesn't do much. I can take that screw out of my cover and it still doesn't pop out.
Old 06-01-20, 03:50 PM
Ramacher
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Have the exact same issue on my '13. Someone hit and run my car while parked on the Driver side back in Nov '18 causing it to pop out exactly in your photos on the Driver Side. I'd have to push it back in once a month or so. But the past couple weeks it's the drive and passenger side popping out daily. The other day I gave the passenger side a really hard push and it clicked back in place and hasn't come out since. The driver side still pops out daily but not by that much. I plan on taking the wheel well liner off and investigating more when I have time.
Old 07-15-20, 08:22 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 879 Likes on 610 Posts

Driver side is getting worse, time to wire it up
Old 07-16-20, 10:37 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

...or get an offroad bumper right lol?
Old 07-16-20, 10:42 AM
ChrisOK
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Lexus should really step up and do something about this, they know it is a problem and still won't take action.
Very surprising considering they replaced all the door panels, dash, glove box, and center console on my 2010 LS460.
There must have been some legal action pending that they were trying to avoid. Any lawyers out there that want to give them a ring???
Old 07-29-20, 12:17 PM
Joricano
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bumper has the same issue. I thought the guys that fixed the AC might have removed the bumper and didn't put it back in right. But it seems to be an issue with this vehicles
Old 07-30-20, 09:34 AM
silversvt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question How to attach the front bumper edges?

I have a 2016 Lexus GX 460. The driver side bumper edge is partially popped out. It appears as if the part that has popped out would fit up over a black plastic piece that is mounted to the car on the right edge of the headlight. If I push the bumper edge in it just butts up against that black plastic piece and won't go any further in. Any help would be appreciated.

the top edge is the part that looks as if it would go over a lip on the black plastic piece attached to the car. As if I need to remove all the screws in the wheel well and lift it up and over the lip to snap it into place maybe??

I did post something similar on the end of another post but i thought it might get lost and should have it's own post.

Thanks again for any help.
Old 07-30-20, 09:43 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

This apparently is very common issue and poor design on Lexus's part. I had the same issue. I believe it's related to whatever clips are supposed to holding the bumper in place begin to fail. When I had a body shop install a replacement seat cover they fixed it for me with an adhesive of some sort.

Old 07-30-20, 10:13 AM
silversvt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank for the response. So would replacing that black piece mounted to the car fix it or is the bumper itself that has lost some piece on it?
Old 01-30-21, 09:20 AM
ChrisOK
Rookie

Went to the dealership (Lexus of Winter Park, FL) yesterday to have the update for the Enform done and talked to the service manager about the bumper/fender gap. He told me once again he had never seen it before... Walked over to the lot where the serviced vehicles are waiting to be picked up and BAM what do I see?!?!

So I bring the service manager out to show him that is actually a thing. He starts again with this run around speech AGAIN. I told him to just stop, and then he asks me if it would be okay to use adhesive to fix it, I asked him how I would change the headlights in the future? No answer. They told me to bring it in Monday and the would take it to a body shop to see if they could do anything. I will let you know what comes of that.

Old 01-30-21, 09:25 AM
ChrisOK
Rookie

Forgot to mention I showed him all the photos you guys/gals posted and asked him again if he really had never seen this issue before. No comment back from him on that.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper/Fender Gap