GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Seat Comfort - Questions, Problems, Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-18, 12:53 AM
emaratee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mblakemd43
I traded in a 2014 Buick LaCrosse Premium and sold my 2012 Ford F-150 Platnium to move to a 2014 Lexus certified GX 460 last week. Today I logged my first 180 miles to and from my work office. Within 1 hour of being in the vehicle my back was aching. No adjustments seem to help! Even an additional wedge seat cushion didn’t help. The drivers seat comfort is terrible and I’m seriously regretting my purchase. I drive a lot so this is going to be a huge issue for me. Did you ever figure anything out as far as augmenting seat comfort in your GX??

My advice to you "listen to your back" .. These Toyota seats are terrible period .. LX has a much better seats
The following users liked this post:
WRD4chano (01-16-21)
Old 01-10-19, 04:49 PM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Driver seat comfort

I’ve been having difficulty getting comfortable in my new gx460 the lumbar is all the way back but still feel like it’s pushing into my lower back. Any suggestions or anyone else experiencing same issue?
Old 01-10-19, 05:03 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 881 Likes on 611 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...er-s-seat.html
Old 01-10-19, 05:06 PM
TheHighLow
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Well documented issue, but all backs are different.
I either got used to it and it seems fine to me or it settled/decreased over the first 10k.
Old 01-10-19, 05:12 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

I guess you figured out your nav problem Stacey? No follow up on your post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-problems.html
Old 01-10-19, 07:05 PM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tecman
I guess you figured out your nav problem Stacey? No follow up on your post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-problems.html
Hi! I’m still trying to figure it out. I tried zooming out. But now I do see the street but it doesn’t indicate traffic. For ex; my other navs would go yellow for light traffic and red for full traffic. I’m having difficulty navigating my nav. 🤦🏻*♀️🥺. I’ve read my user guide twice!! Between that and my seat 🥺
Old 01-11-19, 07:57 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts

I posted this same issue ~4 years ago.
the driver seat will soften or settle after 10k miles of driving.
before that i use a tiny pillow below the lumbar and it worked.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (01-11-19)
Old 01-11-19, 08:44 AM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by texas008
I posted this same issue ~4 years ago.
the driver seat will soften or settle after 10k miles of driving.
before that i use a tiny pillow below the lumbar and it worked.
thank u! I am only leasing so I probably won’t be too comfortable 🥺 by the time I return it will be broken in for the next owner 😂
Old 06-15-19, 10:46 PM
mikezat
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Seat is not going much back when exiting in Full mode

Hi! I just leased a 2019 Lexus GX 460. I traded my old 2016 GX 460. I went to Settings and changed the seat distance from Partial to Full for the seat to move all the way back.
Yet I find getting in/out is more difficult than in my old 2016 GX 460. The seat simply does not travel back as much as I got used to. I called the dealer but the advisor was completely clueless.
Is this something that can be adjusted if not by me but perhaps by a qualified mechanic at another dealership?

Many thanks in advance
Old 08-13-19, 12:53 PM
djtrebor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GX Driver Seat Extension - Tall Driver?

I am new to the forum. Just leased a 2019 GX460 Premium w Sport Appearance. I am 6'7" and trying to get every inch available in the drivers seat track. I notice there's a Clip behind the drivers seat track (Part 7176960040). Anyone know if there is any adjusting to get an extra inch or so? BMW 7 series used to have a removable clip that resulted in extra legroom... Some vendors are selling seat track extensions for certain vehicles w drivers that don't fit the percentile norm, but not sure if I want to get that drastic, and have not seen for the GX anyway. I am experiencing some of the seat discomfort I have seen in posts, based on how I have the seat positioned (all the way back and all the way down), putting pressure on my lower back. Love the ride, but feeling 'the pain'...
Old 08-14-19, 05:27 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by djtrebor
I am new to the forum. Just leased a 2019 GX460 Premium w Sport Appearance. I am 6'7" and trying to get every inch available in the drivers seat track. I notice there's a Clip behind the drivers seat track (Part 7176960040). Anyone know if there is any adjusting to get an extra inch or so? BMW 7 series used to have a removable clip that resulted in extra legroom... Some vendors are selling seat track extensions for certain vehicles w drivers that don't fit the percentile norm, but not sure if I want to get that drastic, and have not seen for the GX anyway. I am experiencing some of the seat discomfort I have seen in posts, based on how I have the seat positioned (all the way back and all the way down), putting pressure on my lower back. Love the ride, but feeling 'the pain'...
Welcome and I share your pain as I wish my car had a bit more travel too.

Here's what I would do. Contact your dealer and ask why they use for their mobility modifications (Modifying vehicles for individuals with disabilities). They may have longer seat tracks or may be able to move the existing seat track.

A word of caution though (and why I suggest to the company that the Lexus dealer recommends) is that you don't want to run afoul of the airbag and other restraint systems in the car. As it stands right now, the airbags are designed for the current adjustment range and I don't know how much leeway there is in the design. Additionally, if the mods are done by a shop recommended by Lexus, then you won't have issues on lease return.

Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 09-14-19, 05:59 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Default 7 months...and upper back pain

Hey all,

7 months of ownership. Love the GX in every possible way...but for a while now, i have been experiencing upper back pain and neck pain. No radiation. Any drive longer than 30 min, i get gradual worsening pain in the base of neck and upper back. Tightness. And the longer the drive, the worst it gets. It even lingers AFTER getting out the car. I have tried every which way adjustments of steering wheel and seats. Nothing seem to help. Seemingly, maybe wrong, but it seems my body does not like the aggressive side bolsters. BTW, my BMI is 24...i am not wide by any imagination. I am about 5'8. I actually have been taking Aleve and Tylenol after driving because of this.

When driving my Sienna with its broader seats, i have no issue for hours and hours. I have tried my best to copy the seating/steering wheel onto the Gx...but no avail. Never have had neck issue on any prior cars/SUVs...and that includes minivans to sports cars to Corolla to G-wagen.

Anyone else have this? Pointers?
Old 09-14-19, 06:12 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by FunFact
Do you have your wallet in your pocket while you drive? If so, this is always a bad thing to do for extended periods of sitting.
Nope...wallet in front pocket. My pain is not even in the lower or mid back........it is up at lower neck.
Old 09-14-19, 06:15 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

You have read the "uncomfortable seat" threads? There are a few of them.
Old 09-14-19, 06:16 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by tecman
You have read the "uncomfortable seat" threads? There are a few of them.
No. Oh crap, sorry...will search now.

EDIT: quick search...most of the issue is with lumbar curvature of the seat. I am actually fine with it (i think). My lower back has no issue. Just my neck.

Quick Reply: Seat Comfort - Questions, Problems, Options