GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Vehicle Customizations / Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-21, 07:40 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread but yesterday I learned that setting the mirror control switch to the neutral position disables the mirrors lowering to give you a view of the curbs when in reverse feature. Setting the mirror switch to the 'R' position enables it again. Also if you put the car in reverse and then adjust the mirrors it will remember this as the reversing mirror position and return to this position when you put the car in reverse next time (with the mirror switch not in the neutral position). Sorry if that was incredibly inarticulate.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ab175:
IanB2 (02-17-21), Jmanscotch (02-16-21), nevetsvsx (09-04-21)
Old 02-11-21, 08:57 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Ab175
Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread but yesterday I learned that setting the mirror control switch to the neutral position disables the mirrors lowering to give you a view of the curbs when in reverse feature. Setting the mirror switch to the 'R' position enables it again. Also if you put the car in reverse and then adjust the mirrors it will remember this as the reversing mirror position and return to this position when you put the car in reverse next time (with the mirror switch not in the neutral position). Sorry if that was incredibly inarticulate.
what year is yours? I could ever get mine to adjust and save properly. It always defaults to the downward tilt set from the factory. I’ve tried following the manual but it never saves
Old 02-11-21, 09:19 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl
what year is yours? I could ever get mine to adjust and save properly. It always defaults to the downward tilt set from the factory. I’ve tried following the manual but it never saves
Mine is a 2014.
Old 02-12-21, 05:04 AM
L3xusGX
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ab175
This lady does an excellent tutorial for the GX 460 which I found to be quicker than reading the manual under some circumstances. Go to 28:30 for the specific part where she talks about setting the reverse mirror position. Feel free to skip round to any section you want to watch as she breaks the video out into an index (must watch on YouTube directly) or if you have time watch the whole thing.

Old 02-13-21, 04:21 PM
WRD4chano
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 98 Posts

you can set the temperature or lower (-4) and raise(+4) it via voice commands. display must be on though.
Old 02-14-21, 08:09 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

I saw this in FSM

Old 02-16-21, 01:02 PM
tk8lm6
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Entune Remote Start Defroster Settings

I have learned that when I use the remote start feature of the Entune app/subscription on my 2018 GX 460 it conveniently turns on the defoggers for the rear view side mirrors and the rear window and it also turns the defroster on. That's cool.
Old 02-16-21, 04:42 PM
michigangx
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Folding Mirror Trick

Not sure that this is ground breaking but I use this daily on my 2015 GX: When the car is off the mirrors can’t be power folded. But if it’s on, I hit the fold switch, then the start/stop button and the mirror continue to fold even with the engine off. Then when I get in the car I flip the mirror switch back and as soon as I press start they fold out on their own.

Still not as good as auto folding mirrors but I’ve made it a habit now whenever I get in the car I flip the mirror switch before anything.
Old 02-16-21, 05:07 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Originally Posted by michigangx
Not sure that this is ground breaking but I use this daily on my 2015 GX: When the car is off the mirrors can’t be power folded. But if it’s on, I hit the fold switch, then the start/stop button and the mirror continue to fold even with the engine off. Then when I get in the car I flip the mirror switch back and as soon as I press start they fold out on their own.

Still not as good as auto folding mirrors but I’ve made it a habit now whenever I get in the car I flip the mirror switch before anything.
You probably saw this already.... but in case not....there are OBD auto folders.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...g-mirrors.html
Old 02-16-21, 06:34 PM
michigangx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Acrad
You probably saw this already.... but in case not....there are OBD auto folders.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...g-mirrors.html
I never saw that there’s options as easy and cheap as an OBD plug. I’m going to give it a try thanks for the link!
Old 02-17-21, 09:14 AM
csrpenfab
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

I never saw that there’s options as easy and cheap as an OBD plug. I’m going to give it a try thanks for the link!
Great addition. Best $20 I've spent on my GX! Works perfectly too!
Old 02-17-21, 12:55 PM
michigangx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by csrpenfab
Great addition. Best $20 I've spent on my GX! Works perfectly too!
I ordered one today from AliExpress! I can’t wait since I’m constantly folding in my mirrors, especially because I have to park in a tight city lot for work and have no other options.
Old 02-17-21, 03:57 PM
csrpenfab
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

I ordered one today from AliExpress! I can’t wait since I’m constantly folding in my mirrors, especially because I have to park in a tight city lot for work and have no other options.
Same here. I manually fold in my mirrors with the dash switch before I pull into my garage at home. When I restart the GX to back out, the mirrors unfold with the module, but then they fold back in immediately. Once I'm clear of the garage, I simply reopen them with the dash switch.
The following users liked this post:
michigangx (02-18-21)
Old 02-18-21, 03:19 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Did anyone mentioned Front window warmer/defroster in the headunit.
The following users liked this post:
nevetsvsx (09-04-21)
Old 02-18-21, 03:55 AM
efaroh
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl
same here. Mine is a 17

Quick Reply: Vehicle Customizations / Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)