GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

F-Sport Grill 2010-2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 08:43 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No you wouldn't know by now! If it was common knowledge no one would buy 2012 models The only way consumers find out is if pictures have been leaked or it's actually announced by Lexus. And if you have seen the trend the rx pictures were leaked recently so it not really old news. 2013 ES pics were also recently leaked and all 2013 vehicles share a common front end facelift so why in the world would they change the GS ES RX LX and not update the GX or the rest of the lineup. That's right they wouldn't. Therefore all 2013 Lexus vehicles will share a similar front end facelift with LED daytime lights. And short of talking to the CEO of Lexus our dealerships are where we get our information from they want to sell their 2012 inventory so it's in their best interest to keep 2013 models hush hush. Also 2013 GX models will be available to special order soon I'm in the process of doing just that with my local dealership.
Old 02-25-12, 09:50 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusVet
No you wouldn't know by now! If it was common knowledge no one would buy 2012 models The only way consumers find out is if pictures have been leaked or it's actually announced by Lexus. And if you have seen the trend the rx pictures were leaked recently so it not really old news. 2013 ES pics were also recently leaked and all 2013 vehicles share a common front end facelift so why in the world would they change the GS ES RX LX and not update the GX or the rest of the lineup. That's right they wouldn't. Therefore all 2013 Lexus vehicles will share a similar front end facelift with LED daytime lights. And short of talking to the CEO of Lexus our dealerships are where we get our information from they want to sell their 2012 inventory so it's in their best interest to keep 2013 models hush hush. Also 2013 GX models will be available to special order soon I'm in the process of doing just that with my local dealership.
Lexus has never updated all their vehicles in the same year. With that said the GX has not seen any cosmetic changes since its re-design in 2010, so we may see some changes. Also Lexus will not be taking special orders for 2013s until at least June or July. I always special order.

Koz
Old 02-25-12, 11:40 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
Lexus has never updated all their vehicles in the same year. With that said the GX has not seen any cosmetic changes since its re-design in 2010, so we may see some changes. Also Lexus will not be taking special orders for 2013s until at least June or July. I always special order.

Koz
Lexus has taken a lot of heat about their vehicles being stale and borning. From now on, there will be more changes and new models coming out in the future.
Old 02-25-12, 11:42 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SaniDel
If the entire Lexus line was going to be updated for 2013, wouldn't we know about it by now? The refresh of the RX and the LX is old news ... here's yet another look at the 2013 LX 570:

http://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexu...ews_2012_01_31

As the current generation RX and LX were released before the current generation GX, it seems so should their updates. Other than hearsay from unnamed and unverified sources, can anyone provide credible information of a refreshed GX for 2013?
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. To those who claim some salesman or the GM of the dealership told them ... my experience has been those are the last to know ... and for good reason! Salespeople will tell you anything you want to hear to keep you as a customer. I have high regard for our dealership for their service, but I would never ask a question about a future product ... why make them tell you a lie?
They have monthly meetings with Lexus, I don't think you will find info out on your own, or until pictures have been leaked. If you don't believe me, who cares...
Old 02-25-12, 12:22 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

No one is talking about a complete redesign here, but they are updating the grilles and lights on the 2013 models to keep up with competitors, I agree when was the last time Lexus made all of these changes to their vehicles in the same year? It never happened, but it is happening for the 2013 line up, one by one images are being leaked so sit back because im sure the next leaked pics will be the GX, And I never said I ordered a 2013 yet but salesman is letting me know when its possible, he is estimating an August release but nothing is definite yet since they are just about wrapping up 2012 assembly now.
Old 02-25-12, 12:26 PM
Koz

I would never take what a salemen or manager says as fact. In my experience they say some REALLY stupid thing, not only about their products but also future models.

Koz

Last edited by Koz; 08-16-12 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-25-12, 08:57 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Also 2013 GX models will be available to special order soon I'm in the process of doing just that with my local dealership.
What do you mean by soon? I ordered my 2012 the first day they took orders and that was on August 1st which was the same with my 08 GX. The last two gens of GX'S typically became available for the new year around late Sept/early Oct. I would be surprised if they take orders earlier or if the next year GX is available earlier but things do change.

As for whether the spindle grille is on it anyone's guess. I talked to a couple of dealers and even a friend of mine that works there and have heard different things.
Old 02-26-12, 08:25 AM
Koz

The soonest anyone can get a new model year special order is Nov/Dec. You are looking at an approx 3 1/2 month wait from the date the Stealer can place the order. Lexus only takes special orders on certain days of the month.

If I was the person making the decisions on updates, the one thing that should be updated is the engine tune. The Lexus 4.6 is tuned different then the Toyota engine. I would be more then willing to give up the smoother engine for 9 more HP and being able to use regular fuel! Being able to use the much cheaper fuel is just like getting better mileage. Also, 9 HP is nice bump!

Koz
Old 02-26-12, 02:53 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

The soonest anyone can get a new model year special order is Nov/Dec. You are looking at an approx 3 1/2 month wait from the date the Stealer can place the order. Lexus only takes special orders on certain days of the month.
Do you work for a dealership or Lexus or do you just purchase a lot of vehicles? Believe what you like. According to the dealer 2013 gx ordering should be around June/July now I'm not sure if that's special ordering or if they will just order a vehicle with my specs for their own inventory. I know they really want my trade vehicle they have been trying to get me to take a 2012 so they may be just trying to keep my business. Either way I'm just sharing what the dealer is telling me with others who may be interested in a 2013. New Lexus models are released at different times of the year there's nothing written in stone as to when a special order can be placed is ultimately up to Lexus and the dealer. We are all at their mercy if we are set on a particular car. I can keep anyone who is interested updated if they like.
Old 02-26-12, 03:49 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Do you work for a dealership or Lexus or do you just purchase a lot of vehicles? Believe what you like. According to the dealer 2013 gx ordering should be around June/July now I'm not sure if that's special ordering or if they will just order a vehicle with my specs for their own inventory. I know they really want my trade vehicle they have been trying to get me to take a 2012 so they may be just trying to keep my business. Either way I'm just sharing what the dealer is telling me with others who may be interested in a 2013. New Lexus models are released at different times of the year there's nothing written in stone as to when a special order can be placed is ultimately up to Lexus and the dealer. We are all at their mercy if we are set on a particular car. I can keep anyone who is interested updated if they like.
Sure, keep us updated on what you find out and I will do the same. I won't be special ordering
mine if I trade for a 2013. I have to wait and see what they offer for my trade.
Old 02-26-12, 03:54 PM
Koz

The first vehicles for the up coming model year are not special orders. Lexus will send the first batch of vehicles out of the Stealer's allotment that were pre-ordered before taking special orders. I have special ordered several Lexus vehicles. If you are not ordering anything out of the ordinary you may be able to get/divert a pre-ordered vehicle which will come sooner. Again, don't expect a special order till Nov/Dec.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6746347-post2.html

Koz
Old 03-03-12, 07:00 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's very likely that Lexus will introduce F-sport version of GX as RX450 F-sport will be available for 2013.
Old 03-03-12, 07:26 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

http://lexusenthusiast.com/

lol. f sport for the rx? just wait till the gx gets its f badge. i am sure the "sports" enthusiasists will be all over it.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/03/0...-sales-report/

gx sales are down, and will likely only continue to go down with gas prices hovering near $4. makes little sense to me

Last edited by T4Fun; 03-03-12 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-03-12, 08:07 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

So far I'm being told I can pre order a 2013 GX in late may early June along with the initial dealer orders for a late August early September delivery. I will let everyone know when it actually happens
Old 03-09-12, 10:05 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here it is...we're still sifting through the details. More to come.

Darrel

Quick Reply: F-Sport Grill 2010-2013