GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

new 2017 pricing question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-17, 10:10 AM
Twelve1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a 2017 GX luxury on 1/3/17
sticker price was $66k. I got it for sticker price out the door. This was in Los Angeles longo Lexus.
Old 01-19-17, 07:13 AM
clerkp
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not bad. Congrats. Let me know if it leans to the right ....
Old 01-19-17, 08:00 AM
Twelve1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by clerkp
Not bad. Congrats. Let me know if it leans to the right ....
I do not see a lean on this suspension.
It does have the airbags in the rear.
This problem is common amongst the FJ Cruisers and 4Runners. We called it the FJ lean.
Could be to compensate for weight of gas and driver?
Old 01-19-17, 08:02 AM
clerkp
Driver School Candidate

guess I need to gain some weight.
Old 03-19-17, 05:54 PM
lexusimon
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by clerkp
Nice deal. Congrats. Pulled the trigger on a 17 white/sepia with the bench seat. Best I could get in my local area was about $1800 due to obnoxious Lexus Plus Price Scam. Went out of market and was offered $5800 (less a $300 doc fee) so $5500. Turns out my wife hated the captain's chairs (as an aside, they really did a poor job with this. Just ripped out the console resulting in wasted space). Dealer had 1 2017 with a bench seat but they wanted more for it since they claim it's rare and in demand. We ended up getting 5k off the bench seat and are satisfied. Car is being delivered tomorrow. Cross shopped heavily with the MDX. Very nice car and you get better gas mileage and techno wizardry/semi autonomous features for the same price but we are coming from an MDX and wanted to try something new. Plus, the Acura seems a step down in luxury compared to the Lexus. It was a close call particularly due to the gas mileage but I've wanted a GX for years and I think the 2017 in White is stunning. MDX is attractive but basically a minivan. I remain surprised at how little the dealers are willing to negotiate. By all means, there are tons of these cars on the lots and demand must be strong despite the poor reviews and aged platform. I really appreciated the smooth V8 and tank like feel of the truck. Really a much different experience than a modern crossover.
Congrats on the new GX! I'm in the Pittsburgh area as well and looking to buy a new GX lux. There seem to be two lexus stealers here but both use Lexus Plus Price. The two GX's I was looking at are only ~$2000 less than sticker. I know I'll most likely have to go out of market, probably to Ohio. Where did you end up getting your GX from? Perhaps they're willing to offer a referral bonus
Old 03-19-17, 06:01 PM
clerkp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusimon
Congrats on the new GX! I'm in the Pittsburgh area as well and looking to buy a new GX lux. There seem to be two lexus stealers here but both use Lexus Plus Price. The two GX's I was looking at are only ~$2000 less than sticker. I know I'll most likely have to go out of market, probably to Ohio. Where did you end up getting your GX from? Perhaps they're willing to offer a referral bonus
Pmd you. Good luck.
Old 03-21-17, 07:40 PM
Oldmanb777
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I posted what we paid in the other thread. The company I work for has a fleet pricing program with most of the mfg's. WE used this and it worked well. I'm certain not the lowest price, but a really fair price. I know the "broker" we got hooked with through my company does a lot more than just us. So the way it worked was, I shot him an e-mail with the car we wanted, with the options list. He shot us an e-mail with the VIN# of a car he found with what we wanted. and the price he could get it to us for. I contacted the dealer that had the car, and the dealer we had been working with. Offered, that I had an offer at the quoted price. for similar car. Didn't tell them where. They said they couldn't match that price. So we bought from the broker. So I would do that again. fI you would like his contact info, I would be happy to provide that. I have no skin in the game, just was happy with what we did. And it might give you some leverage. I think he could manage that fleet price country wide, but a fly and drive might be a nice road trip.
The following users liked this post:
TexasCars (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 11:27 PM
TexasCars
Driver School Candidate

Default Broker info

Originally Posted by Oldmanb777
I posted what we paid in the other thread. The company I work for has a fleet pricing program with most of the mfg's. WE used this and it worked well. I'm certain not the lowest price, but a really fair price. I know the "broker" we got hooked with through my company does a lot more than just us. So the way it worked was, I shot him an e-mail with the car we wanted, with the options list. He shot us an e-mail with the VIN# of a car he found with what we wanted. and the price he could get it to us for. I contacted the dealer that had the car, and the dealer we had been working with. Offered, that I had an offer at the quoted price. for similar car. Didn't tell them where. They said they couldn't match that price. So we bought from the broker. So I would do that again. fI you would like his contact info, I would be happy to provide that. I have no skin in the game, just was happy with what we did. And it might give you some leverage. I think he could manage that fleet price country wide, but a fly and drive might be a nice road trip.
I am looking for a GX Luxury this month, would you mind sharing with me your borker's name, please?
Old 03-23-17, 06:34 AM
Oldmanb777
Pole Position

Be glad to share the broker info. It is Keith Molkenthin JFR Auto's Littleton, Co. 720-431-3000 Web site says HelpWithAuto.com
Old 03-23-17, 06:39 AM
TexasCars
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oldmanb777
Be glad to share the broker info. It is Keith Molkenthin JFR Auto's Littleton, Co. 720-431-3000 Web site says HelpWithAuto.com
Thanks so much!!
Old 03-26-17, 01:16 PM
NoRegrets1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pmurphy100
I just picked up a 17 GX460 yesterday in Chicagoland. MSRP was $59,553 and I got them to go $54,091. Plus they gave me the most for my trade by about $1500. I emailed about 10 dealers within 100 miles of my place and was willing to drive. I've bought from this dealer before too.

Sounds like a fantastic deal. I'm in the market for a new GX460 and live in Wisconsin. My local dealer is only doing the LexusPlus which I feel is a racket. I would be very willing to drive to the Chicago area market for a significant savings. Would you be willing to share which dealer you had such good luck with? Feel free to Private Message me if you prefer.

Many thanks and best wishes!
Old 03-27-17, 09:29 AM
Oldmanb777
Pole Position

With such cheap airfares these days, doing a fly and drive could make since. Make it a nice mini vacation with the new ride. The internet makes pricing all over the country a possibility. I have done that a couple times, never on anything new, but still. I have also used dealer quotes from another state to haggle a better price. Worked very well on a couple motorcycle purchases. And worked on the only other car we have ever bought new.
Old 04-16-17, 08:34 AM
stridertx
Driver School Candidate

We just bought one in Austin for $4,000 off sticker plus they tinted every window in the vehicle with high end ceramic tint. So it's more like $4,800 off. I think I could have gotten more but I had a trade in that I just didn't want to hassle with.

I've found in the past getting tint rolled into the deal helps offset a good little portion of out of pocket expenses and the dealer gets it at their cost, so it's a win-win for both sides. Negotiate it last though once they won't come down anymore.

Plus never talk about your down payment until you get to the finance guy and your price has been established. Just helps with the overall negotiation if they think you're financing outright. They're more encourage for usually to make the deal happen.

my father was in the car business for over 30 years and I sold cars for him for over 5.
Old 06-05-17, 08:10 PM
kmchuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stridertx
We just bought one in Austin for $4,000 off sticker plus they tinted every window in the vehicle with high end ceramic tint. So it's more like $4,800 off. I think I could have gotten more but I had a trade in that I just didn't want to hassle with.

I've found in the past getting tint rolled into the deal helps offset a good little portion of out of pocket expenses and the dealer gets it at their cost, so it's a win-win for both sides. Negotiate it last though once they won't come down anymore.

Plus never talk about your down payment until you get to the finance guy and your price has been established. Just helps with the overall negotiation if they think you're financing outright. They're more encourage for usually to make the deal happen.

my father was in the car business for over 30 years and I sold cars for him for over 5.
I am also looking for a GX in TX looking for dealer to negotiate with, would you mind messaging me the dealer and sales person name please?. Thanks.
Old 06-09-17, 04:47 AM
stridertx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kmchuk
I am also looking for a GX in TX looking for dealer to negotiate with, would you mind messaging me the dealer and sales person name please?. Thanks.
Lexus of Lakeway - Ashley and Michael Sealy is the GM who approves all the pricing. Super nice people!

Quick Reply: new 2017 pricing question