GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GX460 Remote Engine Start (RES & RES+)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-19, 11:17 AM
Giskarded
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not directly related to Lexus installed RES but this happened. My CPO 2015 does not list a remote engine start but does start with a 3 click on the Lexus keyfob.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50756243
Old 12-13-19, 01:16 PM
SteveInCal
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Giskarded
Not directly related to Lexus installed RES but this happened. My CPO 2015 does not list a remote engine start but does start with a 3 click on the Lexus keyfob.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50756243
Why would the car move forward when the remote start activated? Manual transmission?
Old 12-13-19, 03:15 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveInCal
Why would the car move forward when the remote start activated? Manual transmission?
I've read some speculation online that it might have been a first gen IS with a manual that had the neutral safety switched bypassed...before Lexus decided to go with automatics in all their lineups
Old 12-14-19, 08:48 AM
Zivman
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dildildil
Im sure it can be done but no one has done it or figured out how... its annoying to have the vehicle shutoff as soon as you open the door plus it also restricts other functions such as ability to leave the car running get out lock it and go in a gas station or store real quick and come back unlock n go in my gx470 i can hold the start button while the car is running take the key out and it doesn't shutoff then i can lock/unlock do as i please but to drive again i have to put the key in or else it will shutoff i think thats alot of convenience if you ask me.

For 2016+ owners out there with factory remote install using the enform app does the car shutoff when u open the door ?
Yes, they shut off when you open the door. It is with all toy/Lexus products with push button starts.

My compustar installer is about as good as they get. 20+ yrs experience and advised me this is the way it is with push button start. He went on to say if you could figure out how to "fix" that, you'd be a wealthy man.
Old 12-14-19, 08:51 AM
Zivman
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thiggins
My Ford F-150 can be remote started as built from the factory. It does NOT shut itself off when I open the door, or unlock the doors, or lock the doors...
When I called to cancel Enform today, the customer support girl argued that the Lexus method is a security/safety/theft issue, but I cannot agree. My F-150 simply requires the key to enable driving. No key, no drive.
Not sure why Lexus can't do this, but maybe this issue came about due to the wireless key/FOB, since my truck still required a physical metal key.
Yet another reason I dislike the FOB. ( Wait until your 80-ish year old parents lose FOB after FOB...)
My installer advised that with Toyota products this issue is recognizing the key fob while it's running
Old 12-14-19, 09:07 AM
Dildildil
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sometimes by the time i get in the car and press the start button it doesn't respond i guess im too quick i have to wait a second before i push again arggg 1st world problems i know

Old 12-15-19, 07:18 AM
John00
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 280 Posts

theres ways, but each requires more work than pressing the button. this is why no one really cares about it. if someone doesnt want to even press a button, are they really willing to do the mod? and at what cost?
The following users liked this post:
tonyjh63 (06-30-20)
Old 12-27-19, 05:12 PM
cancruiser
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mattwymore
i cant get my hazards to blink even once
Real time help please:

I just finished installing the RES module (PT398-60112) in my 2014 GX460 (Canadian Luxury package). The hardware installation is smooth, but I am having the same problem reported by "mattwymore" above. After doing the 14 click sequence, my hazard lights don't even blink. Not once, not 3 times. Nothing at all.

I made sure the short pin is installed, the doors are closed & the hood was open while executing the sequence.
The vehicle still in the garage all gutted up. I'd like to get this going so any help is appreciated.
Thanks..

Last edited by cancruiser; 12-27-19 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-28-19, 07:11 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

cancruiser: I PM'd you this as well. IIRC.. hood stays closed until you get to later pages where you are actually programming the ECU with Techsream.
The following 2 users liked this post by Acrad:
cancruiser (12-28-19), SamLexRXGX (06-03-21)
Old 12-28-19, 09:41 AM
cancruiser
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Acrad
cancruiser: I PM'd you this as well. IIRC.. hood stays closed until you get to later pages where you are actually programming the ECU with Techsream.
Thanks Acrad..
I am now more confused Let me simplify the question:
1- Does the hood stays open or closed during the 14 button pushes?
2- Does the hood stay open or closed during the Techstream programming?

In either case, I got no flashing at all! Neither one (indicating success) not three (indicating failure). Nothing at all!

Does anyone know where is the location of the hood switch, which determines of the hood is open or closed? I may want to check this, in case mine is damaged or something.

Thanks
Old 12-28-19, 09:55 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

On Page 15 of install steps I kept my hood closed.

Are you disconnecting that 1P RES wire after each failed attempt?

Are you connecting the 1P RES wire by passenger door while all the doors are closed?

On the button pushes you are also ending in a ON state and not Accessory or OFF?

Fairly sure it is part of the hood latch

cancruiser (12-28-19)
Old 12-28-19, 10:40 AM
cancruiser
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Acrad
On Page 15 of install steps I kept my hood closed.

Are you disconnecting that 1P RES wire after each failed attempt? (Yes)

Are you connecting the 1P RES wire by passenger door while all the doors are closed? (Yes, while doors are closed)

On the button pushes you are also ending in a ON state and not Accessory or OFF? (Yes, ends in an ON)

Fairly sure it is part of the hood latch

Thanks again Acrad. I answered your questions.
Now, just to eliminate any confusion, both 1P connectors are the male and female connectors from the V4 harness ​supplied in the kit, right? Neither of them is actually part of the original vehicle harness. Correct?

Thank you again
Old 12-28-19, 11:14 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Correct... they are part of the V4 harness. I will see if I can find any wiring harness diagrams of this. Hopefully this isn't some odd compatibility issues with vehicles from Canada. I know other poster was from Texas but it could have been imported and they haven't been on site since February.
cancruiser (12-28-19)
Old 12-28-19, 12:07 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 861 Likes on 596 Posts

Posted this afternoon on YouTube.

We installed a remote start system from 12Volt.Solutions on our 2016 Lexus GX 460. Our GX came standard with the Lexus Enform system, so this installation may be a little different if your GX did not come with Enform.
cancruiser (12-28-19)
Old 12-28-19, 12:09 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Here is the wiring diagram for system. You might want to look through attached troubleshooting chapter. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other suggestions at the moment. Do you have a working Techstream install?

cancruiser (12-28-19)

Quick Reply: GX460 Remote Engine Start (RES & RES+)