GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Interior and Running Board LED Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-18, 02:21 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 881 Likes on 611 Posts

^^^ The link in post #7 here is not what you are looking for?
Old 04-04-18, 02:22 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 986 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by adnanmalik
I've 2018 GX-460 and I plan to replace regular bulbs with LEDs.

Can you kindly share the link to the thread where step by step instructions with pictures was shared? That would help me understand how to open each section to replace the lights.

Thank you.
If you lay on the floor and look up inside edge of running board, you will see the light sockets, all you need to do is turn the socket count-clock to release it. very easy to do.
Old 04-04-18, 03:22 PM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't find "parking" lights on my car. The bulb you guys keep saying are for "parking" (never even heard of 'parking' lights lol. never in my life need lights that act differently than my headlights for parking a car) are my high beams. If mine are high beams, where are your high beams? lol.
Old 04-04-18, 03:37 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 881 Likes on 611 Posts

Parking lights
Parking lights shine a dim red at the back of the car and for the front part, they shine in white. These show the person behind that you are parking.
http://www.monitor.co.ug/Business/Au...if9/index.html
Old 04-04-18, 05:08 PM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Red at the back? Those are tail lights lol. If you're backing up, because driving forwards while parking wouldn't need lights in the rear, you have bright white lights that illuminate only when the gear shift is in reverse. If you're going forward then you wouldn't need separate lights as there is already headlights there. We've had this for for like 60 years lol. What else did we invent in the last 60 years that modified the action of parking soo wildly that brand new sets of lights needed to be added to the already huge compliment of lights we already have? I'm lost. We've back up lights, and head lights, and tail lights; done. lol.
Old 04-05-18, 03:43 AM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Lol thanks. I could have done that. But that's just the theory. What cars actually have this option on them? The last time I seen "parking lights" as described in this article, was when I lived in Germany in 92-94, their cars would have an option of throwing like half the voltage to the head and tail lights of just one side of the car, so when you parked half on the side walk (narrow roads) people could see your cars. And here, I've worked on a lot of different cars and I never remember seeing "parking" lights. As far as "Their main purpose is to make cars more visible from the side." that's what side markers or running lights are for; we already have those too lol. And here in America I've never seen "back up" or "emergency" headlights lol.
Starting to think I'm on ClubLexus.ca or ClubLexus.co.uk... Super weird... There are no back up headlights in America lol. Sorry guys. I've owned like 15 different cars and have NEVER seen this.
Old 04-05-18, 03:47 AM
hzhao
Racer

Parking lights are often referred as "Side marking" or "Parking Marking Lights". For GX, there are pair of yellow LEDs on the front side within the headlights housing, which is the area right arcing the corner of the headlights in front of the wheel fender. For the rear, there is a pair right at side of the combined tail lights housing, it uses T10/194 type of wedge light bulbs. I have replaced them with LEDs as well.

The following users liked this post:
Acrad (04-05-18)
Old 04-05-18, 04:11 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,668 Likes on 2,401 Posts

I can't think of a vehicle I have driven in the last 30 years that didn't have a parking light mode. :-)

I've seldom ever used it but it is there.
Old 04-05-18, 07:34 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
I can't think of a vehicle I have driven in the last 30 years that didn't have a parking light mode. :-)

I've seldom ever used it but it is there.
It's illegal to have a vehicle that does not have Parking (or side marking) lights.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (04-05-18)
Old 04-06-18, 08:04 AM
leftyguns
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

I did the Philips ones for the running board. but for interior lights I couldn't justify spending $15/pair needing 5 pairs (10bulbs). I went cheap and got these ones on
amazon amazon
. $15 for the whole interior, I am pretty impressed actually with them so far. they are really really bright
Old 05-23-18, 07:09 PM
tneal15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of LED light would I purchased for the light under the Driver and Passenger seat. I can't seem to find would be the right light to go there.
Old 05-23-18, 07:53 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by tneal15
What kind of LED light would I purchased for the light under the Driver and Passenger seat. I can't seem to find would be the right light to go there.
I don't believe those are replaceable LED light bulbs. Those are custom made entire assembly with specified harness connectors. They are just yellow LED chips that fixed on the entire fixtures. They are on both front foot walls, under the driver and passages seats, as well as the inside door panels where illuminating the door looks and handles. Plus inside cup holder and console storage area. Two inside and near the map lights where to illuminating the shift console.
Old 05-23-18, 07:55 PM
tneal15
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. On a side note where did you buy the module for Auto Folding mirrors??
Old 05-23-18, 07:59 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by tneal15
Thank you. On a side note where did you buy the module for Auto Folding mirrors??
You are welcome. For the mirror folding module, I purchased from a supplier in China.
Old 05-23-18, 08:00 PM
tneal15
Driver School Candidate

would you have a link to where I would be able to get that?

Quick Reply: Interior and Running Board LED Upgrade