Old 01-28-19, 03:59 PM
drmanuel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by tecman
Send an email with details.
https://www.lexus.com/contact
Thank you tecman I already sent it. And I also want to contact directly the Lexus Headquaters in Japan. I think it's not fair using that trick to avoid payments for an issue that Lexus acknowledged as a manufacture problem.
Old 01-28-19, 05:19 PM
yyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is fantastic info. Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea how I should tackle my situation? (With the code being stored in history etc.) Ideally, I'd still want Lexus to look into the secondary air intake, otherwise I would have to chance it and hope something either goes wrong before the 10 year, or nothing at all....
Old 01-29-19, 01:40 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,659 Likes on 2,396 Posts

This member had some challenges getting reimbursement for his GX for warranty repair in the UK. He is in the military. He did eventually get reimbursed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...19k-miles.html

This isn't the first story I have heard about getting things fixed under warranty on a vehicle from Canada.
Old 01-29-19, 03:54 PM
drmanuel
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Akrad35751. You helped a lot bc now I know the warranty should apply any where within the US and Canda. Regards.
Old 02-17-19, 11:08 AM
Smashme
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canada?

Does anyone know if this warranty applies to Canada? I live in Toronto and have a 2012 GX and have these same blinking lights on.
Old 02-17-19, 03:32 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

You may need to reach out Lexus in Canada

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/mainta...exus/campaigns

If you have any questions about your vehicle, please contact Lexus Canada’s Customer Interaction Centre at 1‑800‑26‑LEXUS (1‑800‑265‑3987) Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm Eastern Time. You can also click here to send us an email.

I ran a known VIN from a '12 Canadian GX 460 I still had a record of and it only showed the airbag recall

You may want to consider one of the bypass options.

https://hewitt-tech.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=44

Originally Posted by Smashme
Does anyone know if this warranty applies to Canada? I live in Toronto and have a 2012 GX and have these same blinking lights on.
The following users liked this post:
HewittTech (02-18-19)
Old 02-18-19, 12:54 PM
HewittTech
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

There was a warranty for the 10-13 GX460. However, it was only for 48 months or 80,000 km.
The CanadianTSB for this is now expired and there are only 2 other service bulletins for your year/model. Once for floor mats and the other the immobilizer and smart key.
Aside from a recall like @ Acrad35751 found there is nothing else. Give us a call and we would be glad to help you with a solution.

L-SB-0028-14 Rev2: '10-'13 GX 460: MIL "ON" DTC P0418/P244# Air Pump Filter Debris
The Highlights copied from the TSB

APPLICABILITY:
YEAR(S) MODEL(S) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
2010 – 2013 GX460

INTRODUCTION:
Some 2010 – 2013 model year GX 460 vehicles equipped with 1UR-FE engines may exhibit a MIL “ON”
condition with Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0418, P2440, P2442, and/or P2445 present. The
Secondary Air Injection Pump filter and Air Switching Valve Assembly have been modified to reduce the
possibility of this condition occurring. Follow the Repair Procedure in this bulletin to improve this condition.

APPLICABLE WARRANTY
-This repair is covered under the Lexus Basic Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 48 months
from the vehicle’s warranty registration date or 80,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
- Warranty application is limited to occurrence of the specified condition described in this
bulletin.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (02-18-19)
Old 03-25-19, 11:38 AM
afig36
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

I'm new to Club Lexus (and Lexus, in general) and recently picked up a 2010 GX with 49k miles on it. I hope to become an active member of the forum and provide valuable contributions. Today, unfortunately, I just have a question.

On Saturday, I took the car through an automated car wash. I normally do it by hand, but once a year, as winter ends, I take it through to get the undercarriage sprayed. It's a car wash I've used 50+ times.

About a mile after exiting the car wash, I got a CEL, followed by the Master Warning Light, 4Lo, AFS, Low Oil Pressure, and High Automatic Transmission Fluid Temp. After about 5 seconds, the engine shut off and came to a halt, along with loss of power steering and power braking. Luckily, I was on a side street. About 30 seconds before, I had been on a busy 4 lane road.

tried restarting.... it cranked but wouldn't start. About 45 minutes later, the tow truck driver got it running for about 2 seconds, and then it stalled again. It spent the weekend at the dealer. I'm waiting for them to give me the codes, but they said they started and ran it with no problems today (so far, they seem to be playing dumb).

I think / thought it's not mechanical since the warning lights are all over the place (e.g., 4Lo and adaptive lights), but then I landed here and have done much more digging since on the secondary air injection pump and water intrusion.

My questions for the group are:

- Has anyone else experienced anything similar following a car wash?
- Specifically, has anyone had their engine cut out? I've read a lot about the car basically going into Limp mode, but I haven't come across anything yet about people's engines shutting off completely.

Any insights are greatly appreciated. Again, I realize I don't have codes to share yet, and that's a material detail.

Thanks

Last edited by afig36; 03-25-19 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-25-19, 01:47 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

afig36: That is odd behavior as I don't recollect air pump ever causing a stall out. Limp mode yes but not issues related to starting. It sounds like water got into something electrical. I have also not seen an issue trigger the Low Oil Pressure or High AT indicators. Any water leaking around the windshield into dash area?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...take-pump.html
Old 03-25-19, 01:52 PM
afig36
Driver School Candidate

Thanks.

There was a little bit of water in the passenger foot well. I'll report back tomorrow with the codes. Dealer said they weren't able to look at it today because I didn't have an appointment. I have my A3, so it's no big deal to wait another day.

I asked them to lift a new GX up alongside of mine and see if there's anything missing or any differences.
Old 03-25-19, 02:03 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

You may have a bad seal around the windshield.
Old 03-27-19, 12:10 PM
afig36
Driver School Candidate

Got the car back today. It had nothing to do with the Secondary Air Injection System, but I'll close the loop in this thread since I brought it up here. Note that this just shows what the results were, not what caused it to begin with:

• U0101: The Transmission Control Module (TCM) is not receiving or transmitting messages on the CAN bus.
  • U0100: U0100 is a serious situation where the signals between the electronic control module (ECM) or the powertrain control module (PCM) and a particular module have been lost.
  • B15BB: Loss of connection with the navigation unit.
Dealer ran it through the wash several times and couldn't duplicate the problem (surprise!). I didn't get a straight answer on whether they were using undercarriage sprayers or not. They checked all the wires and didn't see anything loose or exposed.

None of this is reassuring, of course, but no more undercarriage washes for me. I may look into installing a front skid plate to just better shield the engine from puddles, etc.
Old 03-28-19, 08:38 AM
Dushman
Driver School Candidate

Default Check Engine,Slip indicator and 4Lo lights on.

For more that a year now, the check engine, slip indicator and 4Lo lights are on for my Lexus GX 460. Initially driving was normal and you will not notice any problem. Recently how,when the check engine light begins to blink, the car cannot accelerate beyond 80km/h. I have try several diagnosis,where the scanner is placed on the vehicle's computerized system. Sometimes, when these lights clear, within one hour drive, they reappear. What can be the problem?
Old 03-28-19, 09:27 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Did you take it to Lexus to have the secondary pump check?

Quick Reply: SAIP - Service Campaign (JLG) '10-'13 / Update: No mileage or year restrictions