GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

SAIP - Service Campaign (JLG) '10-'13 / Update: No mileage or year restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-19, 12:27 PM
stretton
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great question - it was replaced 1 year and 2,000 miles ago, so I assumed good. I will double check though.
Old 05-29-19, 11:34 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

This is now an official recall for 2010 year. I think other years will follow soon.

The following users liked this post:
Acrad (05-29-19)
Old 05-29-19, 12:41 PM
smithpr2
Driver School Candidate

Angry 2012 GX460 Secondary Air Injection Warranty - Towing Exp.

Thanks for the information. Car went through this on Saturday before Memorial Day. Call dealership where I purchased car and they said to call Lexus Corporation which I did; dealership didn't offer any help. Roadside Assistance rep was super nice but service departments where they car is and where it needs to go would be closed both ways by the time AAA got there; said to wait until Tuesday and call back since Holiday week-end. Call Customer Service on Sunday but no answer. Call Monday but no answer. Still waiting on Lexus to make a decision on what to do. They (customer service when I got them Tuesday) said I called the wrong number on Saturday (Roadside Assistance) so they couldn't use that case number and assigned me another one. Said I would hear from them Wednesday. It's 3:30 Wed. and still nothing. Been without a car since Saturday. Nearest Lexus dealership is 130+ miles away and car needs towing. We have a Toyota dealership here but they are not authorized to fix it; I would have to pay and hopefully get reimbursed. No offer of a loaner from Lexus. Getting frustrated.

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
This is now an official recall for 2010 year. I think other years will follow soon.

Old 05-29-19, 02:15 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,655 Likes on 2,393 Posts

It sounds like they are retrofitting the foam filter inside air pump with something else and leaving original air pump if still operational. Air switching valves still replaced though. Might be a slow model year rollout to deal with repair volume.
Old 05-29-19, 02:47 PM
smithpr2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smithpr2
Thanks for the information. Car went through this on Saturday before Memorial Day. Call dealership where I purchased car and they said to call Lexus Corporation which I did; dealership didn't offer any help. Roadside Assistance rep was super nice but service departments where they car is and where it needs to go would be closed both ways by the time AAA got there; said to wait until Tuesday and call back since Holiday week-end. Call Customer Service on Sunday but no answer. Call Monday but no answer. Still waiting on Lexus to make a decision on what to do. They (customer service when I got them Tuesday) said I called the wrong number on Saturday (Roadside Assistance) so they couldn't use that case number and assigned me another one. Said I would hear from them Wednesday. It's 3:30 Wed. and still nothing. Been without a car since Saturday. Nearest Lexus dealership is 130+ miles away and car needs towing. We have a Toyota dealership here but they are not authorized to fix it; I would have to pay and hopefully get reimbursed. No offer of a loaner from Lexus. Getting frustrated.
Update: Finally heard from them at 4:00. They will contact nearest dealer and will contact me concerning options by the end of the day tomorrow. My question is what have they been doing all day?? Letting Toyota fix it was not an option according to them.
Old 05-30-19, 11:42 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

My local dealer told me today that this special service campaign is so far limited to 2010 models. Warranty extension is still in place for 11-13.
Old 05-30-19, 01:42 PM
smithpr2
Driver School Candidate

2nd Update: Was supposed to hear from case manager today. Nothing. Called after 4 and they said was told he was in a training session (sure he was) and would contact me by the end of the day tomorrow (Friday). So far nothing has been done and it's 5 1/2 days since first initial contact with Lexus. This is frustrating and irresponsible on Lexus' part. Since the car broke down I'm at their mercy. When I asked yesterday about a loaner car they said it was up to the dealership but they usually didn't loan car over 100 miles away. This should've been a recall issue to be fixed before it broke down.
Old 05-30-19, 01:45 PM
smithpr2
Driver School Candidate

It needs to be a recall issue for all. Breaking down is not fun and dangerous. I've now been without a car since last Saturday and today is end of the day Thursday and I've been told the "case manager" will probably get in touch with me tomorrow. Been hearing that for three days now. Makes me rethink purchasing another Lexus.
Old 06-03-19, 05:07 PM
cchenece
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this thread after Lexus dealer fixed it on my 55k miles 2013 GX460 today. Share my experience in case it's helpful to others.
Coincidentally the issue happened on last Saturday morning I was heading to dealership for Takata recall fix. Check engine light solid, traction off, 4 low flashing. Called the dealership before I head out, and they told me it's still safe to drive to them as long as check engine light is not flashing. However on the highway I noticed horse power was seriously limited at high gear and it couldn't maintain 60mph when there is slope. (normally it would down shift to get more power but this time it doesn't seem want to..). So if you got this issue and are not close to a dealership, it's definitely safer to just let them tow it.
They fixed it with no charge. The invoice shows CHG29E ZLH Air inject/Switching REPR. Error code is P2445. The parts they replaced are
17610-0C040 PUMP ASSY, AIR
04006-37138 KIT, AIR SWITCHING VALVE
I glanced over their copy of the paperwork and saw $3000 ish total cost for this issue.
Old 06-04-19, 11:53 AM
mike2937
9th Gear

Just received mine today!
Old 06-11-19, 09:09 PM
mattau
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just got my recall letter today. I am in Canada and has a Canadian 2013 GX
The following 2 users liked this post by mattau:
Acrad (06-12-19), mike2937 (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 03:44 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by mattau
I just got my recall letter today. I am in Canada and has a Canadian 2013 GX
You got the recall letter for the airbag or 2nd air pump?

I agree with the poster above that Lexus SHOULD issue recall for this problem.
Old 06-12-19, 03:56 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Just a reminder to have some kind of OBD device in your vehicle so you have a method to get out of limp mode if you are in a tough spot and can't quickly get to dealer or until you put in a bypass.

tecman mentioned codes can be erased while vehicle is running to stay out of limp mode or for longer term unplug the air pump and reset codes.
The following users liked this post:
tecman (06-12-19)
Old 06-12-19, 05:56 PM
mattau
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
You got the recall letter for the airbag or 2nd air pump?

I agree with the poster above that Lexus SHOULD issue recall for this problem.

I got the air bag one earlier this year. The one I got the other day was for the 2nd air pump.
Old 06-13-19, 12:31 PM
stretton
Driver School Candidate

Happened again - almost exactly 2 weeks later. Sunday service center was closed, so I performed the ol' battery disconnect to reset. The gas cap seal seems fine.

Does anyone know if there is a specific sensor that could be triggering this - and is that sensor replaceable?

Quick Reply: SAIP - Service Campaign (JLG) '10-'13 / Update: No mileage or year restrictions