Nickk6
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Makes more sense with the pictures attached
Old 03-15-18, 06:49 PM
Nickk6
Intermediate

Makes more sense with the pictures attached, it was all plug and play, no headliner drop, just remove old window and install new.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (03-15-18)
Old 03-15-18, 06:52 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickk6
The price was $350 for a Chinese window without the chrome trim, it looked like crap, so I went with an oem glass for $350+ $150 for install. Much happier and its made in Japan. So happy to have the duct tape window gone.
Not sure if you claimed with insurance or paid out of pocket... last year I dropped my comprehensive deductible to $50 since there really wasn't any significant savings over the $500 or $1K deductible I had in place previously.

My Allstate Insurance agent told me this last year:

"I lowered my comp deductibles and have been recommending it to clients. Never used to be a better deal, but right now our difference in pricing in most cases does not justify having a higher deductible for comp--plus the #1 claim is windshields and you get help with this expense with a lower deductible. Lowering the other two cars to $50 deductible changes the 6 month rate:
Difference from Current Premium$24.56

I have somewhat of a skewed view as I get calls about windshield replacement a bunch, but lowering your deductible from $1000 to $50 for these 2 cars is $49 more per year. Divided into $950 (deductible difference) you break even in 19 years. I bet you break a windshield before that time. The other way of looking at it is at $49 per year you could buy a new windshield (depending on the car) ever 6-8 years with the savings."
Old 03-16-18, 06:28 AM
Nickk6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Not sure if you claimed with insurance or paid out of pocket... last year I dropped my comprehensive deductible to $50 since there really wasn't any significant savings over the $500 or $1K deductible I had in place previously.

My Allstate Insurance agent told me this last year:

"I lowered my comp deductibles and have been recommending it to clients. Never used to be a better deal, but right now our difference in pricing in most cases does not justify having a higher deductible for comp--plus the #1 claim is windshields and you get help with this expense with a lower deductible. Lowering the other two cars to $50 deductible changes the 6 month rate:
Difference from Current Premium$24.56

I have somewhat of a skewed view as I get calls about windshield replacement a bunch, but lowering your deductible from $1000 to $50 for these 2 cars is $49 more per year. Divided into $950 (deductible difference) you break even in 19 years. I bet you break a windshield before that time. The other way of looking at it is at $49 per year you could buy a new windshield (depending on the car) ever 6-8 years with the savings."
MTS and now insurance sales huh? No, I just pay out of pocket and call it a day on windows.
Old 03-16-18, 07:17 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nickk6
MTS and now insurance sales huh?
Any sales talk is just in jest.. I'm just here to share ideas, knowledge and experiences
Old 03-22-18, 05:07 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 598 Likes on 424 Posts

After the mud fiasco last week, my front and rear calibers were caked with mud so I decided to change the pads for both front and back. I believe the current pads were the original that came with the truck. After almost 50k miles, the front is about 30% left while the rear is still more than 50% easily.
I went with Akebono ACT606 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic for the read and Akebono ACT976 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic for the front.
The process is super easy especially for the front.
I'm still in the bedding period so hopefully they will bite more once set. I didn't replace the rotors since they are still in good shape, maybe next time.

Last edited by bbqsoup; 03-22-18 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-22-18, 05:22 PM
Nickk6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
After the mud fiasco last week, my front and rear calibers were caked with mud so I decided to change the pads for both front and back. I believe the current pads were the original that came with the truck. After almost 50k miles, the front is about 30% left while the rear is still more than 50% easily.
I went with Akebono ACT606 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic for the read and Akebono ACT976 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic for the front.
I'm still in the bedding period so hopefully they will bite more once set. I didn't replace the rotors since they are still in good shape, maybe next time.

Definitely post an update on these. I used Akebono on my old truck and loved the performance, low dust with awesome bite, but they ate up my rotors and basically made a ~.03" deep track into the rotor after they wore down. Its been so long but I think they were installed with new Centric rotors at the time. I've got about 10,000 miles on Hawk LTS Ferro Carbon pads and they are horrible. They have much better stopping power, but they produce lots of dust and get really noise when hot.
Old 03-22-18, 05:37 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Those front definitely are super simple. The easiest ones I have ever done. I just put OEM replacements when I did mine last year and didn't replace rotors either.
Old 04-03-18, 09:59 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

I replaced the paper cabin filter with a washable one. For $10, the quality is very good and looks like it will hold up for a while. I also sprayed some febreeze on both sides and now the cabin smells fresh . No more mildew smell after turning off the AC.

Acrad (04-03-18)
Old 04-03-18, 12:23 PM
GB2011GX
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Soup! Noooooooooo! Wash that Febreeze stuf out of there!

Have you ever smelled something treated with Febreeze that sits and is NOT treated again? I have and after a while, it was WORSE than whatever original stench existed.

Up to you, but I wouldn't put Febreeze on anything I wanted to keep. JMH Experience buddy.

Nice find on the filter, I ordered the K&N and will be replacing Broomrider's in-cabin filter shortly.
Old 04-03-18, 12:41 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Originally Posted by GB2011GX
Soup! Noooooooooo! Wash that Febreeze stuf out of there!

Have you ever smelled something treated with Febreeze that sits and is NOT treated again? I have and after a while, it was WORSE than whatever original stench existed.

Up to you, but I wouldn't put Febreeze on anything I wanted to keep. JMH Experience buddy.

Nice find on the filter, I ordered the K&N and will be replacing Broomrider's in-cabin filter shortly.

Thanks for the heads-up on febreeze, I will wash it eventually. Right now it smells soooo good LOL...

Here's the link to the filter in case someone interested, they jacked up the price to $15.95 now...it was $9.95 when I bought them.
Amazon Amazon
Old 04-03-18, 01:31 PM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Yesterday I installed the rear seat entertainment. All wires were neatly tugged away throught the seat and the rear AC control panel.

bbqsoup (04-05-18)
Old 04-03-18, 01:57 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Thanks! I think I will try that filter. I do get a lot of pine needles in mine so curious how hard they will come out.

I replaced the paper cabin filter with a washable one. For $10, the quality is very good and looks like it will hold up for a while. I also sprayed some febreeze on both sides and now the cabin smells fresh . No more mildew smell after turning off the AC.

Old 04-05-18, 10:40 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

I replaced all 4 wheel locks today. Thanks Acrad for the part number.
I wanted to do this as soon as I got the GX because I was always concern about loosing the lock socket and had to change the tire while on trips. I also don’t want to accidentally strip them while doing any work on the wheels. I replaced all wheel locks on all my cars just for peace of mind.
I didn’t get the OEM Lexus part but got them from Ebay. They are much cheaper, fit good and look OEM

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F151749953520

Acrad (04-05-18)
Old 04-06-18, 11:40 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

The cabin filter that bbqsoup ordered should be here today. I plan to throw that in. Took my winter Xi2 tires off, replaced with the LTX M/S and did a TPMS reset with TS.

Quick Reply: "What did you do to your..." thread?