GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

"What did you do to your..." thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-22, 04:53 PM
EricT64
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Hehena
Interesting idea however is something like this collision friendly? Not sure I was a steel cheese grater above my head in a rollover.
it’s in there pretty solid. If you get upside down and hit the molle panel, you most likely would hit the ground through the broken sunroof anyway. Building a self contained overlander isn’t “crash friendly” by nature.
Old 04-07-22, 06:51 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

What did I do to my GX today? I put a deep gouge on my front bumper while I was moving my dang cargo carrier around. Haha. Anyone in north TX know a good place that can fix this? Sigh.
Old 04-09-22, 02:30 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Removed the snow tires and reprogrammed TPMS sensors for the swapped set.
The following users liked this post:
tntcandy (04-10-22)
Old 04-09-22, 06:05 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Added Navigation Favorites to my Infotainment Screen

I wanted to add three out of state addresses as Favorites and got out the Navigaion book and just jumped through hoops and got no where. Finally just typed in the addresses for a destination and then was able to add as a Favorite. Somewhere I never read this or it just went over my head but I got it done. Now, when I'm ready to hit the road and plan a route I can just pull up my Favorites and choose what I want.
Old 04-10-22, 09:00 PM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Just got home from driving to CO 11 hours straight, Friday evening into Saturday morning, and then the return trip 12 hours straight, Sunday morning to Sunday evening. I only averaged 16.16 mpg with the average speed being 75 mph for the entire trip. This of course included slow city driving in CO and around 90-105 mph where I could on the highway in both directions. This was my first 1k-mile-plus drive (1,415 miles total) on the GX. It was easy. (I've driven from NY to TX four times, three of which were back-to-back-to-back 23.5 hours each with no rest/break in between except to refuel and use the restroom.)

I think I hit the governor at one point when I couldn't go past 110 mph? Is this the max speed of the GX? The GX was so stable and so smooth the entire drive. My wife thought we were going 75 mph (the speed limit most of the way) the whole time. The wind was gusting quite a bit in both directions, too, and the GX' weight helped despite its shape. I did not, at any point, find the GX' 300 hp lacking. I had no problems overtaking on 2-lane roads. Not only was the acceleration quick, it didn't struggle one bit and it was smooth. Also, the adaptive cruise control, something I've always used, was everything in this trip. The only part that sucked was on my return trip, there were tons of bugs from the panhandle all the way home and the camera and sensor ('L' logo) had bug splatter all over. The cruise control kept beeping and cancelling on me. I had to wash and squeegee at the gas station on my last refueling stop.

The only complaints came from my wife who has pains in her legs and she couldn't get comfortable in the GX. She wanted us to drive her minivan so she could lie in the third row, but I find her minivan noisy/loud when going 70+ mph and not as comfortable as the GX for the driver. We have Las Vegas, Tulsa, and Utah coming up and I think she's going to make me drive the minivan. I might just tell her to go fly and rent a car for those trips without me.

Last edited by Seanzky; 04-11-22 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-11-22, 08:05 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanzky
Just got home from driving to CO 11 hours straight, Friday evening into Saturday morning, and then the return trip 12 hours straight, Sunday morning to Sunday evening. I only averaged 16.16 mpg with the average speed being 75 mph for the entire trip. This of course included slow city driving in CO and around 90-105 mph where I could on the highway in both directions. This was my first 1k-mile-plus drive (1,415 miles total) on the GX. It was easy. (I've driven from NY to TX four times, three of which were back-to-back-to-back 23.5 hours each with no rest/break in between except to refuel and use the restroom.)

I think I hit the governor at one point when I couldn't go past 110 mph? Is this the max speed of the GX? The GX was so stable and so smooth the entire drive. My wife thought we were going 75 mph (the speed limit most of the way) the whole time. The wind was gusting quite a bit in both directions, too, and the GX' weight helped despite its shape. I did not, at any point, find the GX' 300 hp lacking. I had no problems overtaking on 2-lane roads. Not only was the acceleration quick, it didn't struggle one bit and it was smooth. Also, the adaptive cruise control, something I've always used, was everything in this trip. The only part that sucked was on my return trip, there were tons of bugs from the panhandle all the way home and the camera and sensor ('L' logo) had bug splatter all over. The cruise control kept beeping and cancelling on me. I had to wash and squeegee at the gas station on my last refueling stop.

The only complaints came from my wife who has pains in her legs and she couldn't get comfortable in the GX. She wanted us to drive her minivan so she could lie in the third row, but I find her minivan noisy/loud when going 70+ mph and not as comfortable as the GX for the driver. We have Las Vegas, Tulsa, and Utah coming up and I think she's going to make me drive the minivan. I might just tell her to go fly and rent a car for those trips without me.
lol what minivan do you have? Wow you are looking for a divorce I see hahaaa
TotalChaos (05-26-22)
Old 04-11-22, 08:11 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by situman
lol what minivan do you have? Wow you are looking for a divorce I see hahaaa
Hahaha. It's a 2016 Kia Sedona SX. I loved that minivan back when I owned it but it has since turned into a dump with a huge dent and scratch on the passenger side that she refuses to get fixed. I hate driving it for those reasons among others. We'll see what happens, but I've driven that minivan from NY to FL and NY to TX before and it's just not the same as the GX. I know I've been spoiled but I'm just being honest. I've driven her old Nissan Kicks and my Toyota 86 (lowered with racing suspension and wheels/tires) from NY to TX and those were a lot worse. My point is, GX or nothing. Haha.
Old 04-11-22, 11:22 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 743 Likes on 525 Posts

Battery is approaching four years in age so I replaced it today with another Interstate from Costco. Nothing wrong with the old one, which was also an Interstate from Costco but I didn't want to get caught off guard. Heck, they are only $111 out the door.
The following 2 users liked this post by Romanova:
nuclearn8 (04-14-22), Slprciv (04-24-22)
Old 04-11-22, 02:37 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 293 Likes on 176 Posts

Took it out into the Pine Barrens on some old roads. Not having a winch and no cell signal, it was a little unnerving but it went through stuff as deep as door sills. Drove about 20 miles back there, had some fun.

The following 4 users liked this post by Piney1:
nuclearn8 (04-14-22), Siblue (04-11-22), tntcandy (04-11-22), TotalChaos (05-26-22)
Old 04-12-22, 03:28 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Received 154 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Finally a dry day in SW PA

Likely will rain tomorrow... but at least got a lot of the road salt and grime off.

The following 4 users liked this post by bowhun2r:
AlexDev (12-10-22), Bob2023gx (11-26-22), nuclearn8 (04-14-22), Piney1 (04-15-22)
Old 04-13-22, 03:32 PM
Kellyrshor
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ARB Skid Plates - installed the full set this past weekend. Was a little tough with the CBI bumper but I was able to make it work. If you are interested I think they are great for the price! Fit and finish is spot on. Helps to understand how they go on before starting so I created this video (along with a review) if you find it helpful...
SEELEXUS (04-14-22)
Old 04-14-22, 05:15 PM
HedgeFund
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Recharged battery, got a windshield replaced with a new one, and ordered number of parts at Lexus to refresh my GX.

By the way, Lexus is having an additional 15% off parts right now for a couple days, so great time
to order parts in case you need any.

Last edited by HedgeFund; 04-14-22 at 05:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by HedgeFund:
nuclearn8 (04-14-22), Piney1 (04-15-22), Siblue (04-14-22)
Old 04-18-22, 01:52 PM
Kellyrshor
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Light Bar in Grill of Lexus GX460

Installed an LED light bar from Lasfit in the grill of the Lexus GX460 and couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Required a custom mounting bracket but it's rock solid. The light beam is much better than the roof mounted LED light bar because it doesn't reflect off the hood. It's become my "go to" for night time lighting!
Old 04-18-22, 02:18 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 743 Likes on 525 Posts

Went by the tint shop that did my LS. My front tint on my GX460 is 33% and starting to peel pretty badly in a few spots, so I made an appointment to get the front tint removed and replaced with ceramic at 25% (Texas legal limit for front windows). I had them test the rear window with the factory coating, but I forgot what the number was.

Anyways, the 25% should be a pretty close match. Will post a pic next week after the appointment.
nuclearn8 (04-18-22)
Old 04-18-22, 04:28 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 605 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanzky

Get the seat jackers for the front mounts to the floor. My wife had same problem and she loves the GX now for comfort.
The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
Piney1 (04-19-22), Seanzky (04-19-22)

Quick Reply: "What did you do to your..." thread?