GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

How do you disable dash lights after removing air suspension/AHC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-18, 04:32 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Line item 3 do not disconnect

No..leave everything plugged in and adjust right suspension sensor for headlight level adjustments

Unplugged compressor reportedly results in this error.

Last edited by Acrad; 02-03-19 at 07:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LionZoo (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 04:34 PM
LionZoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah sorry, I just realized my reading comprehension was terrible.

So we're not supposed to touch anything except remove the airbags and adjust the right suspension headlight sensor? The shop claims that while they removed the fuses before, they put them back in and didn't touch anything else. Unfortunately, right now my dash looks like a Christmas tree.
Old 12-14-18, 04:47 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Hard to say..,,if all sensor and devices are plugged in. Can they give you a full Techstream scan with codes?
Old 12-14-18, 04:52 PM
LionZoo
Driver School Candidate

They can. I'll take a look this weekend to make sure everything actually is plugged in.
Acrad (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 04:56 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Thanks. Please keep everyone posted,,,a number of examples now where it can work without error.
Old 12-14-18, 05:02 PM
LionZoo
Driver School Candidate

I was looking on the GXOR Facebook page and it seems to be somewhat inconsistent. One guy had it work with no lights by not really touching anything. Another guy removed the air pump, but it still seemed to not throw lights.
Old 12-14-18, 05:07 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

From what I have seen at this point don’t unplug anything. Air pump removal will likely result in error from multiple reported examples.
LionZoo (12-14-18)
Old 12-21-18, 03:23 PM
LionZoo
Driver School Candidate

Shop messed up a fuse and removed the height sensor. Once the proper fuse and the height sensor was replaced, it became good.
Acrad (12-21-18)
Old 01-23-19, 07:43 AM
austinGX46
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #MeToo

Originally Posted by LionZoo
Shop messed up a fuse and removed the height sensor. Once the proper fuse and the height sensor was replaced, it became good.
I did the same thing. - Working off of Metal Tech's instructions, I removed all the fuses it lists. The Air Sus No.2 fuse (50A) is a combination fuse combined with the rear air con (40A). In order to "pull" the suspension fuse without disabling the rear air con, I cut the wire for the 50A portion and left the 40A wire for the Air Con intact. Wish I had seen this post a week ago!

So now I'm going to have to find a replacement for the fuse that was modified. Do you happen to know a part# for that weird combination fuse? - (I'm trying to avoid going to the dealer)

Thanks
Old 01-25-19, 05:58 PM
r2m
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Have you had any issues with AFS since lifting your rig?
Flashing lights, won't turn off, etc.?

I can't get mine to turn off. I still get the little dance at night when I turn my car on (the lights doing their left, right, up and down).
Old 01-26-19, 10:58 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Do you know if anything related to the the rear air bag system was removed other than the air bags themselves?

Originally Posted by r2m

I can't get mine to turn off. I still get the little dance at night when I turn my car on (the lights doing their left, right, up and down).
Old 04-02-19, 05:09 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Looks like Toyteclifts has proper instructions for replacement on GX 460 with AVS/RAHC. Many other vendors don't.

https://www.toyteclifts.com/ul-gx460...t-package.html

Last edited by Acrad; 01-24-21 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-03-19, 02:08 PM
KJ6IRM
Rookie

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I just finished installing an Icon suspension this past weekend. New coil-overs and upper control arms in the front, new shocks, springs, track bar, and lower links in the back. I used the metal tech coil conversion kit in the back. After the lift I have no dash lights at all. The AFS headlights are working as well.

I removed the front and rear electronically controlled shocks and left the harnesses unplugged at all four corners and I pulled just the two rear airbags. Everything else was left in the car. I added 5 flat washers to each of the 4 bolts for the two ride height sensors in the back to trick the air bag and afs systems in thinking the truck still sits level.

And thanks to Acrad for their help with getting the factory service manual to get through this install. This was a lot of help and was greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by r2m

I remember you saying they removed the turnbuckles for the rear height sensors. I think this is key to keeping the AFS working properly. If you can get another set or build some you should be able to get rid of this error. I have pictures of mine if that would help.

Last edited by KJ6IRM; 04-03-19 at 02:12 PM. Reason: adding a reply to r2m's post.
Acrad (04-03-19)
Old 04-03-19, 02:11 PM
r2m
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

After my suspension lift, my AFS light still flashes and I can't turn it off through the steering wheel controls.
I think I need to make a longer connecting rod for the AFS lever that connects to the axle in the back and re-connect them.
Right now the lever that's supposed to move up and down is just zip-tied to the cable.
Not a big deal for me right now as I have other projects I'm working on.
Old 04-04-19, 08:36 AM
R3loader
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KJ6IRM
I just finished installing an Icon suspension this past weekend. New coil-overs and upper control arms in the front, new shocks, springs, track bar, and lower links in the back. I used the metal tech coil conversion kit in the back. After the lift I have no dash lights at all. The AFS headlights are working as well.

I removed the front and rear electronically controlled shocks and left the harnesses unplugged at all four corners and I pulled just the two rear airbags. Everything else was left in the car. I added 5 flat washers to each of the 4 bolts for the two ride height sensors in the back to trick the air bag and afs systems in thinking the truck still sits level.

And thanks to Acrad for their help with getting the factory service manual to get through this install. This was a lot of help and was greatly appreciated!

I remember you saying they removed the turnbuckles for the rear height sensors. I think this is key to keeping the AFS working properly. If you can get another set or build some you should be able to get rid of this error. I have pictures of mine if that would help.
Could you post the pictures of this. Also, could you describe the procedure of things you removed the make the install smooth? Did you have to disconnect the sway bar?

Quick Reply: How do you disable dash lights after removing air suspension/AHC?