GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Chassis Lubrication / Grease - Propeller Shaft / Spiders & Slide Yoke / Zerks

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-24, 01:12 AM
ladforlockers
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, couldn't agree more. I've been using the product since 2019. I migrated to Australia, I was happy that the is Lube Shuttle is available here in Australia, less waiting time an can be purchased online.
Old 07-05-24, 03:26 PM
Dzhang17
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Acrad
I do 10-12 pumps on the slip yokes as well. On my stock height GX I use 2 pairs of these 12K lb Rhino ramps. They work well.

https://www.amazon.com/RhinoGear-119.../dp/B0117EETEK

I think HF has their own version now for $10 less for a pair.
Hi, I know this is an old post and am not sure if you're still in the conversation. I got a used 15 GX with unknown maintenance history during the past 20k miles. I first gave each spider each spider U-joint 5-6 pumps and each slip yoke 9-10 pumps, but I didn't see any old grease seep out the spider U-joint and no movement or sound on the slip yoke. I assumed the car hadn't been lubricated for too long so I gave each 5 more pumps. It ended up with giving each spider U-joint 9-10 pumps and each slip yoke 14-15 pumps but still found nothing. I stopped pumping more since I knew over-greasing slip joints can cause serious damage.

Did I still pump too much grease into slip yokes? Is there anything I can do now to prevent possible damage?

Old 07-23-24, 12:46 PM
Fadkar
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by easton85
Looking for the right grease to use and noticed a change in manuals. For my 2022 and also the 2023. It only calls out to use only “Lithium base chassis grease, NLGI No.2” for Spider and Slide Yokes. I find that interesting, since 2021 and assuming prior years from all the threads I’ve been reading called out Moly for
the Slide Yoke. I’m wondering why the change?

Thinking of giving this a shot. Mobilgrease XHP 222
I noticed this in my 2022 owners manual as well. I wonder what they changed about 22+ versions that no longer require moly grease on the slip yokes but I'm not complaining. Being able to use 1 grease for everything is much less of a hassle!
Old 07-24-24, 07:55 AM
Misteracng
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

They probably made the change for ease of maintenance so you only need one type of grease. I never say any park number changes. It makes life much easier not having to have 2 types of grease.