GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Chassis Lubrication / Grease - Propeller Shaft / Spiders & Slide Yoke / Zerks

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-24, 01:12 AM
ladforlockers
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, couldn't agree more. I've been using the product since 2019. I migrated to Australia, I was happy that the is Lube Shuttle is available here in Australia, less waiting time an can be purchased online.
Old 07-05-24, 03:26 PM
Dzhang17
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Acrad
I do 10-12 pumps on the slip yokes as well. On my stock height GX I use 2 pairs of these 12K lb Rhino ramps. They work well.

https://www.amazon.com/RhinoGear-119.../dp/B0117EETEK

I think HF has their own version now for $10 less for a pair.
Hi, I know this is an old post and am not sure if you're still in the conversation. I got a used 15 GX with unknown maintenance history during the past 20k miles. I first gave each spider each spider U-joint 5-6 pumps and each slip yoke 9-10 pumps, but I didn't see any old grease seep out the spider U-joint and no movement or sound on the slip yoke. I assumed the car hadn't been lubricated for too long so I gave each 5 more pumps. It ended up with giving each spider U-joint 9-10 pumps and each slip yoke 14-15 pumps but still found nothing. I stopped pumping more since I knew over-greasing slip joints can cause serious damage.

Did I still pump too much grease into slip yokes? Is there anything I can do now to prevent possible damage?