Search this Thread

Old 05-16-17, 06:23 AM
User21c
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
Congrats and welcome!

Wow .9% is awesome... I got my wife's camry for 0%APR a couple of years ago...saved some serious money.
I don't really mind the new spindle grill but my wife doesn't like it at all. We saw a 2015 and 2013 at the dealer and she did not like it at all and prefer the 2013 style.
Wow is right! .9 would be great, but where does it say the original poster got that rate?
I just bought, and the dealer (Roseville) claimed 3.99 was the very best they could do through Lexus financing, even though I have a perfect 850 FICO score. They swore that the incentivized rates weren't available on the GX, and the website confirmed it.

In the end, I got ready to walk, and they shopped me a better rate at 2.6:%.... I took it.

.9 would have be great...
Old 05-16-17, 12:21 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by User21c
Wow is right! .9 would be great, but where does it say the original poster got that rate?
I just bought, and the dealer (Roseville) claimed 3.99 was the very best they could do through Lexus financing, even though I have a perfect 850 FICO score. They swore that the incentivized rates weren't available on the GX, and the website confirmed it.

In the end, I got ready to walk, and they shopped me a better rate at 2.6:%.... I took it.

.9 would have be great...
LOL... somehow I crossed post with this one
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ml#post9867016

Sonny101 was the OP that posted with .9%
Old 05-17-17, 06:49 AM
Oldmanb777
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by leogast
how seriously did you look at the 4Runner?

I'm in the market and am really torn between the GX460 and the 4Runner. I like them both a lot. I'd rather have the GX. Wife like the 4Runner but mainly because of the interior colors in the GX Premium.
We looked at the 4 Runner also. (of course). So my impression of the two. The 4 Runner is sportier, the GX is more luxury. The 4 runner is lighter, and you can really feel it. The GX has more passenger room, headroom, rear seat room. I liked the extra head room. Wife says the 4 Runner was a little easier to get in and out of. She uses the running boards a lot on the GX. Didn't use them on the 4 Runner. The 4 Runner is a little bit better cargo wise, but the back seat of the GX has more room for adults. The GX has lots more power. Even though it weighs about 1000 lbs more. The real difference there is the fact that it makes its power at a 1000 RPM lower than the 4 Runner. That just makes for better drivability. You don't need to rev it as much to make it go. We live at a high altitude, and do a lot of mountain driving. The extra power and extra gear in the gear box, combined with making its power at lower RPM is nice. My Niece has a 4 Runner TRD Pro. Driving up mountain passes with some weight in it, and the 4 Runner really has to be run hard. At times it feels like there isn't anything left when keeping up with traffic. I have not experienced that with the GX. For example, the 4 Runner will not keep up with our 98 Grand Cherokee going up a mountain grade. I think the GX will outrun the Cherokee up the same grade. There is a lot more mods available for the 4 Runner, and I think the 4 runner, being in more demand of the younger crowd, will maintain more value. Especially in the first few years. I.E. I would expect depreciation of the GX to be higher than the 4 Runner. Oh, and the rear door. Well I guess we are sorta neutral on that. I think the liftgate on the Cherokee is usually more convenient, but the door on the GX hasn't been an issue. So too soon to tell on that one.
So far in mixed driving (we only have about 1200 miles on it) the computer says 20.1 mpg. I think thats pretty good. By comparison the same mission on the 98 Grand Cherokee results in an average of a little less than 15 mpg.