GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Newbie. Teach me

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-17, 05:53 PM
Man4others
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie. Teach me

Hi. I'm looking to replace a 2006 Pathfinder and I really like the GX460. Can you give me some buying tips & guidance? Pathfinder is getting old but running fine so I'm in no hurry. I feel like the used SUV market is too hot and buying new is the smart way to go. When is the best time to buy new? I feel like the Base model is what we need. What is the cheapest I can get into a base model? I see msrp is $52k but Trucar says I can get it for 47k. I don't care about nice wheels or wood trim but those captain chairs option is slick and the wife wants tv in the headrests. The TVs are $1700 option. Surely I can get that done for a lot less. Anyone have any experience with aftermarket TV headrests? I live in a major city so I know I can find someone to do that. The Captain chairs option come on Luxury/Premium models. I can survive without those but that's an awesome feature. What's the cheapest I can get out the door on a premium/luxury model? I love the truck chassis & V8 (I don't think oil will get above $100 for a decade+) and styling but don't want wood grain trim, don't care about rims and don't really care about technology but I want a backup camera. Costs on trailer hitch install? I know I'm all over the place so any pointers would be great.
Old 07-28-17, 07:14 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 860 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by Man4others
Hi. I'm looking to replace a 2006 Pathfinder and I really like the GX460. Can you give me some buying tips & guidance? Pathfinder is getting old but running fine so I'm in no hurry. I feel like the used SUV market is too hot and buying new is the smart way to go. When is the best time to buy new? I feel like the Base model is what we need. What is the cheapest I can get into a base model? I see msrp is $52k but Trucar says I can get it for 47k. I don't care about nice wheels or wood trim but those captain chairs option is slick and the wife wants tv in the headrests. The TVs are $1700 option. Surely I can get that done for a lot less. Anyone have any experience with aftermarket TV headrests? I live in a major city so I know I can find someone to do that. The Captain chairs option come on Luxury/Premium models. I can survive without those but that's an awesome feature. What's the cheapest I can get out the door on a premium/luxury model? I love the truck chassis & V8 (I don't think oil will get above $100 for a decade+) and styling but don't want wood grain trim, don't care about rims and don't really care about technology but I want a backup camera. Costs on trailer hitch install? I know I'm all over the place so any pointers would be great.
Yeah, a little "all over the place"
Are you sure a used GX base model is not the best choice for your needs? 2010-2013 has standard leather with power third row, 2014+ has updated Nav interface with the cosmetic exterior update along with some losses as previously mentioned depending on the trim. Give the kids an iPad and skip the DVD headrest. Back up camera is standard with the Navigation