GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Auto folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-18, 09:39 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Black16
I just uninstalled it after it automatically locked the doors with the keys and dog inside. Also didnt like if you hit the unlock button too many times the windows all go down. All of the functions worked as intended, I just didnt like having them all on. I only requested they turn off the flashing light when locking/unlocking feature.

If anyone one wants it I'll sell it.
The défaut for auto-lock function should be off. However, if it was on, the following procedure can be used to turn that function off:

1. Make sure all the windows and doors are closed.
2.*Turn ignition switch to ON, then OFF within 10 seconds.
3. Press Lock/Unlock buttons on the door panel 3 times RAPIDLY (all three presses must be down with 2 seconds)
4. The door lock will lock then unlock the confirm the function is turned off.

Same procedures for enable the function. The confirmation would be the door unlocked then locked.
Old 07-24-18, 02:42 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Is this for the module you helped us get?

Mine auto locks in gear but that is fine with me.

Originally Posted by hzhao
The défaut for auto-lock function should be off. However, if it was on, the following procedure can be used to turn that function off:

1. Make sure all the windows and doors are closed.
2.*Turn ignition switch to ON, then OFF within 10 seconds.
3. Press Lock/Unlock buttons on the door panel 3 times RAPIDLY (all three presses must be down with 2 seconds)
4. The door lock will lock then unlock the confirm the function is turned off.

Same procedures for enable the function. The confirmation would be the door unlocked then locked.
Old 07-24-18, 05:04 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Is this for the module you helped us get?

Mine auto locks in gear but that is fine with me.
Yes. But this is not for the locking function with grace position or speed determined lock (which could be set from vehicle setting's menu). There is a separate function of "auto lock" on the module, in which, after ignition off and all the doors and windows are closed, the car will lock itself That function was set of OFF by default due to the potential could lock the key inside the car and have you looked out.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (07-24-18)
Old 08-11-18, 12:29 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I very much prefer the installation/removal of the OBD version. :-)

I think only advantage is if you need to use multiple OBD devices at the same time.

http://www.enlargecorp.co.jp/products/detail546.html

Old 08-11-18, 04:06 PM
Zahid
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered the AliExpress one for OBD port last week. I will report back how it works. From what I read here, it should be okay. I asked them to turn off auto flushing and auto lock feature. Although they said they cant do the turn off, they came back couple of days later saying they can turn off both of those features. Only mirror folding and window closing feature will be on that device. We shall see.
Old 08-11-18, 04:20 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

The one that hzhao got for use doesn't do auto lock. I am really happy with one he got. Its funny...I know most don't like the auto flashing but I like that at this point. Nice extra feature when I am towing something and get out of rig. It is a feature one has to be comfortable with but for my needs I like it. Anything to give warning and keep someone away from a crash is a bonus in my book.
Old 09-17-18, 04:41 PM
Ricjames31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GX power folding mirrors:

Question, please someone help me figure this out it's driving me nuts lol. IS the GX available with AUTOMATIC pwr folding mirrors like the RX 350 where you press the lock button and they can fold in? I've seen them on a build before but everyone at my dealership is calling me crazy lol saying it doesn't exist... I wouldn't be asking them about something I wasn't sure was out there... thanks
Old 09-17-18, 04:42 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

EDIT: Correction.... auto folding requires aftermarket module but power folding via switch is factory option.
No but you can add OBD module

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...g-mirrors.html
Ricjames31 (09-17-18)
Old 09-17-18, 04:47 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Using this '18 brochure as an example...

https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...X-Brochure.pdf

In Luxury and or base/Premium spec'd with --->

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post10252787
Old 09-17-18, 05:03 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Ricjames31
Question, please someone help me figure this out it's driving me nuts lol. IS the GX available with AUTOMATIC pwr folding mirrors like the RX 350 where you press the lock button and they can fold in? I've seen them on a build before but everyone at my dealership is calling me crazy lol saying it doesn't exist... I wouldn't be asking them about something I wasn't sure was out there... thanks
Also to be clear, in order for adding the "auto-folding" feature via OBD module, you will need either primer or luxury trim level. GX Base model does not come with "power folding" feature, which there is no physical motor in the mirror housing to perform the "folding" function.
Acrad (09-17-18)
Old 11-05-18, 10:19 AM
davidgend
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know how to get the side mirrors to power open and close?

looking to get them to have the side mirrors open and close automatically... any suggestions?
Old 11-05-18, 10:24 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

It’s an addon module. All info in the thread below. I don’t know why Lexus didn’t add it for newer models. It a so simple switch. Even the lower end nx has it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...g-mirrors.html
Acrad (11-05-18)
Old 11-05-18, 12:30 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by davidgend
looking to get them to have the side mirrors open and close automatically... any suggestions?
If you have the base model of GX, there is no options for that, the module won't work for you because there is no "motor" in the mirror housing. If you have the Premier or Luxury trim, you will have the "power folding" (manually by pressing the folding switch) available, then you can add the module to make it "auto folding" by locking or unlocking the doors.
Old 11-05-18, 02:43 PM
psun786
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
If you have the base model of GX, there is no options for that, the module won't work for you because there is no "motor" in the mirror housing. If you have the Premier or Luxury trim, you will have the "power folding" (manually by pressing the folding switch) available, then you can add the module to make it "auto folding" by locking or unlocking the doors.
Hum.. I am pretty sure that I have the base model but mine came with power folding mirrors. Not sure if it was included with some added options.
Old 11-05-18, 02:47 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by psun786
Hum.. I am pretty sure that I have the base model but mine came with power folding mirrors. Not sure if it was included with some added options.
What year is your GX?

Quick Reply: Auto folding mirrors