GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Auto folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-18, 04:49 PM
mattau
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So I finally got mine... (long story) and I have a quick question for those who got one. Can you close your sunroof by pressing and holding the lock button on your remote? I was able to open windows and sunroof by pressing and holding the unlock button on my remote. But when I pressed and hold the lock button, only the windows closed, the sunroof didn't move.

The mirrors folded and unfolded as advertised. I have yet to experiment with it to see what happen if I leave the mirrors switch in the fold position, or in the unfold position. Does it make any difference?

Thank you OP for finding this!
Old 02-09-18, 04:59 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by mattau
So I finally got mine... (long story) and I have a quick question for those who got one. Can you close your sunroof by pressing and holding the lock button on your remote? I was able to open windows and sunroof by pressing and holding the unlock button on my remote. But when I pressed and hold the lock button, only the windows closed, the sunroof didn't move.

The mirrors folded and unfolded as advertised. I have yet to experiment with it to see what happen if I leave the mirrors switch in the fold position, or in the unfold position. Does it make any difference?

When you leave the mirror switch in folded position, when you unlock the door, the mirrors will unfold, but when you turn on the ignition, the mirrors will folded back in because the switch is in folded position. When the switch set to open position, everything operates as it should be, fold and unfold with lock and unlock.
Old 02-09-18, 07:08 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by mattau

The sunroof won’t close on mine either. I thought I saw something in Techstream about it. I will have to check.
Old 02-10-18, 06:24 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,383 Posts

I'm trying to remember behavior myself. I'll have to see what my TS customizations are set at. I thought I had set it to auto open moonroof when windows were opened from remote but that has either been reset or is being overridden from the OBD controller.

https://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY...on-Display.pdf

Old 02-10-18, 10:06 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

+1 on mine regarding the sunroof. I like the fact that all the windows roll up as soon as the car is locked (except the sunroof). The wife especially likes the feature.
Old 02-10-18, 10:44 AM
mattau
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DallasDave
+1 on mine regarding the sunroof. I like the fact that all the windows roll up as soon as the car is locked (except the sunroof). The wife especially likes the feature.
Dave, do your windows close by themselves when you lock the car? Or are you referring to being able to close them by holding the lock button?
Old 02-10-18, 11:28 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

mattau: Windows should all close when you lock the doors. No need to hold down on the lock key of FOB.

EDIT: Disregard my post. I see you already stated they did close.

Last edited by Acrad; 02-10-18 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-10-18, 04:46 PM
mattau
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
mattau: Windows should all close when you lock the doors. No need to hold down on the lock key of FOB.

EDIT: Disregard my post. I see you already stated they did close.
mine closed but I didn't realize I didn't have to hold on to the lock button! That's great for summer. Wish it would close the sunroof as well though.
Old 02-11-18, 06:57 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

Yep, they close by just locking the car...except the sunroof
Old 02-11-18, 07:40 AM
dgi
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

So which kit is everyone buying?

Option 1: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Lexu...QAAOSw7EJZgmTN

Option 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-toyota...238?rmvSB=true

Is there a better option? I'm ready to buy. This missing feature is the main gripe I have with my wife's GX and would love to remedy it! Auto window open and close would be nice also!
Old 02-11-18, 07:49 AM
dgi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
The device mainly discussed in this thread was part of a group buy. I've also ordered Option 2 that you listed. I think it might be coming over in a container as I ordered about a month ago but late ETA is March 13th.
Is that device easily available or should I wait to see your results with Option 2 once it arrives?
Old 02-11-18, 08:06 AM
dgi
Rookie

Originally Posted by ELEX470
Option one: !
Was hoping not to hack up factory wires
Old 02-15-18, 08:31 AM
yipster222
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received the JIO OBD device and it works like everyone stated, I have been searching for that auto side mirror close upon locking the door forever.
Thanks to OP for finding this.
Old 02-17-18, 08:58 AM
matts17
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So can I order this from the US....assuming I can translate the site enough to figure it out??

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-18-18 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Gb link
Old 02-17-18, 11:52 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by matts17

So can I order this from the US....assuming I can translate the site enough to figure it out??
I would believe so

Quick Reply: Auto folding mirrors