GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Leather questions, concerns, problems, mods, fixes, Care

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-14, 11:24 AM
seiclan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the sepia interior (with the black exterior) and I haven't had any problems with color transfer.
Old 04-09-14, 11:38 AM
SpokeBroke
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have Ecru on my 2010 and it looks great. I clean and condition with Zaino Z-10 which does a real nice job and smells terrific.
Old 04-09-14, 02:34 PM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have Ecru and get a very small amount of color transfer from denim. Windex or any other glass cleaner takes it off every time.
Old 04-09-14, 04:02 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think I would use glass cleaner on my leather, use a leather cleaner followed by a leather conditioner.
Old 04-10-14, 07:48 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Craig B
I don't think I would use glass cleaner on my leather, use a leather cleaner followed by a leather conditioner.
I've been doing it for years on a bunch of cars and its the best way to get the stains out, and it doesn't hurt it at all. I condition it after so it doesn't dry out, but honestly its awesome. If you spray the glass cleaner on and let it settle for a bit, you can see the blue bleed out of the leather into the fluid.
Old 04-11-14, 06:13 PM
askad007
Driver School Candidate

Hi, if price is less than 300$ is ok , try diamond brite because I saw some video in YouTube and I applied for my GX
Old 04-16-14, 04:35 PM
kristin66
Driver School Candidate

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate it!
Kristin
Old 04-17-14, 08:55 AM
Ceenit
Driver School Candidate

My 13 gx had the ecru interior and we bit the bullet for the $800 interior/exterior protection package. We definitely had to regularly clean the ecru seats with Meguires due to the jean coloring. It cleaned up easily, but just a pain. We never took advantage of needing to use the warranty, but glad we had it as we thought it could be an issue after years of cleaning

On our 14 gx we went with the sepia interior and skipped the protection package/warranty. Far less jean coloration is visible on the Sephia, do we had no concers for skipping on the protection/package warranty.
Old 04-18-14, 02:28 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leather protection is a huge waste of money and it does nothing. Do not ever buy these type of extra services/add-ons from your dealer. Very rarely do they provide any benefit and they are always too expensive.

Use the Lexus Brand Leather Cleaning and Conditioner. It is available on SewellParts for less than $20 for both bottles last I checked. It removes blue jean stains effortlessly. If there is a problem with your leather at any point in time you can tell Lexus the only thing you used were their products.

As a side benefit the Lexus conditioner/cleaner smells wonderful
Old 08-03-14, 10:58 AM
ServiceGuy
Driver

Default Leather on 2014 GX - WTH? ?

ok, I really want this car, but as i posted before the tailights bother me, luckily thanks to some members here, i found out that i can change those out if it comes to that.

then i went to test drive yesterday, and the $52k car has fake leather, which isnt that bad actually,
and the $58k car had the ugliest leather seats i have ever seen on a lexus?

maybe it was the one i was in, but it looked like crocodile leather, and not the high quality kind either?

are they all like that?
Old 08-03-14, 11:05 AM
Lolrax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ServiceGuy
ok, I really want this car, but as i posted before the tailights bother me, luckily thanks to some members here, i found out that i can change those out if it comes to that.

then i went to test drive yesterday, and the $52k car has fake leather, which isnt that bad actually,
and the $58k car had the ugliest leather seats i have ever seen on a lexus?

maybe it was the one i was in, but it looked like crocodile leather, and not the high quality kind either?

are they all like that?
No that's just the base leather I think, upgraded leather is not crocodile I believe.
Old 08-03-14, 11:40 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I have real leather on my Luxury model...
Old 08-03-14, 11:43 AM
bigsley18
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's nu-luxe in the base, leather "trimmed" in the base with comfort/premium package and semi aniline leather in the luxury. the leather "croc" seats are only in the comfort/premium package, which is the one i have. if i were to do it over again, i would have probably kept my '13(comfort package) and just done a conversion later down the road. that way, i still would've had better seats(fully dyed leather), better interior materials and power 3rd row seats. might want to look in to that since you may get a great deal on generation 2: version 1 gx.
Old 08-03-14, 01:40 PM
Revnitup
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ha Funny!. This is why I went with the nu lux. But then I kick my self in the rear as the base had no heated seats or cooled seats. I could not swing $60 plus for the luxury
Old 08-03-14, 06:29 PM
chrisliuw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agee that the Nuluxe looks better the the leather in the premium model. I like nuluxe in my base model.

Quick Reply: Leather questions, concerns, problems, mods, fixes, Care