GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Lane change auto flashing mod completed

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-20, 08:34 AM
Dildildil
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Well it seems like ramachar may not be interested in doing this relay harness for us anymore as he has deleted his post about ordering the material and list of people that were waiting... i guess ill have to order my own parts or just tab into factory wires at this point
Old 02-08-20, 04:40 PM
Dazed
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dildildil
Well it seems like ramachar may not be interested in doing this relay harness for us anymore as he has deleted his post about ordering the material and list of people that were waiting... i guess ill have to order my own parts or just tab into factory wires at this point
I do not exactly blame him....making harnesses is a giant PITA.
Old 02-09-20, 09:20 PM
Ramacher
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dildildil
Originally Posted by Dazed
I do not exactly blame him....making harnesses is a giant PITA.
I got a message from an admin letting me know what we were about to do is against the forum rules. No group buys/sales and can't sell anything on this forum without being a sponsor (which isn't cheap).

That being said, it's really easy to make the harness, no soldering required, just get the wires and the connectors (which I've linked here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post10590600). I'll do a cleaner write up/how-to right now. Expect it in that thread in 30 min or so.
Old 02-09-20, 10:26 PM
Ramacher
Pit Crew

I've been gettings some private messages regarding selling the harness, but unfortunately that's against forum rules. BUT it's really easy to make the harness, no soldering is needed.

Parts:The 18 Pin connector linked above does not come with the pins, but the male pins come attached to the wires i've linked. The Female 8 pin connector i've linked comes with the female pins, so you will strip a bit of the end of the wires without the pins and crimp the female pins onto them.

Here's the chart I used to match the pins from the 18 pin stock connector to the 8 pin flasher connector:

From @hzhao 's Post:

The numbering for the pins is looking at the female ends.

Here's another photo that could help out with the numbering on the 18 pin connector (ignore the wires folded in half, those are not needed):

I used shrink wrap to make it look cleaner and hold the wires together which was kind of a pain to slip on after putting the pins on the wires. To make your life easier I'd recommend wrapping the wires with electrical tape instead.

Don't know what else to add. That should be able to give you all you need to create the harness yourself. Let me know if I need to clarify anything or if you've got any questions.
The following 5 users liked this post by Ramacher:
Acrad (02-10-20), Chasin (02-20-20), hzhao (02-10-20), MarkVII (02-10-20), ObsidianBl (02-09-20)
Old 02-11-20, 04:22 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Sorry to hear that Ramacher. Sounds like there are still a lot of people wanting this harness to use our SmartTap. I'll see what our team might be able to do to get these adapter harnesses made.
The following 5 users liked this post by Diode Dynamics:
Acrad (02-11-20), csrpenfab (02-11-20), HotRod2 (02-11-20), tecman (02-11-20), tipsytopsy (02-11-20)
Old 02-11-20, 06:04 PM
Ramacher
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Sorry to hear that Ramacher. Sounds like there are still a lot of people wanting this harness to use our SmartTap. I'll see what our team might be able to do to get these adapter harnesses made.
I better get some royalties for this!
Old 02-11-20, 06:15 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,671 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Does this mod just remove the electric trailer brake circuit or all trailer electrical including light functionality for a non-braked trailer? I guess I thought it was just the electric brake circuit.
Old 02-11-20, 06:47 PM
Ramacher
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Acrad
Does this mod just remove the electric trailer brake circuit or all trailer electrical including light functionality for a non-braked trailer? I guess I thought it was just the electric brake circuit.
I haven't towed anything yet so unsure if it affects more than the trailer brake. I did include the 4 wires not needed for the 8 that are required for the flasher in case I make a Y-Cable sometime down the road. Those wires labeled as LTOT RTOT STIN +B.

If I remember I'll test this weekend. That being said, it's real easy to reach up there and unplug this harness and reconnect the stock flasher relay.

The following users liked this post:
Acrad (02-11-20)
Old 02-14-20, 04:29 AM
MarkVII
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Parts ordered. . . Thanks for the detailed list and updated assembly steps Ramacher!!
Ramacher (02-17-20)
Old 02-20-20, 06:17 AM
MarkVII
Pit Crew

With the collaboration of Ramarcher, I created a step-by-step guide to assemble this harness. With a few basic tools, this thread and a bit of patience this mod can be easily completed.
Here's page 1 as an example:

Attached Files
The following 4 users liked this post by MarkVII:
Acrad (02-20-20), Chasin (02-20-20), ObsidianBl (02-21-20), Ramacher (01-17-23)
Old 02-20-20, 07:19 AM
Dildildil
Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkVII
With the collaboration of Ramarcher, I created a step-by-step guide to assemble this harness. With a few basic tools, this thread and a bit of patience this mod can be easily completed.
Here's page 1 as an example:
1st of all great write up i plan on doing this today however i may just tap into wires but im confused abt the pin #s as from earlier posts it seems as on the 18pin connector on the gx #1 starts from top right and thats when looking from the back but in ur diagram #1 is also on top right looking from the front...

Heres the photo from earlier

Thanks
Old 02-20-20, 09:20 AM
MarkVII
Pit Crew

FWIW, I believe that diagram photo is looking through the connector from the front. Looking at the back of the connector, PIN 1 is the upper left most PIN.

Old 02-20-20, 09:24 AM
Dildildil
Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkVII
FWIW, I believe that diagram photo is looking through the connector from the front. Looking at the back of the connector, PIN 1 is the upper left most PIN.

I think i see whats going on here ... your diagram is of the male 18pin connector which is the flasher in GX ... and the diagram i posted is the female end that plugs into the male plug... so since im going to be tapping into factory wires i believe we are both correct in a way...

Please correct me if im wrong lol
Old 06-02-20, 02:53 PM
ngipay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did attempt this mod for my truck.. after buying all parts, confirmed by the dealer today that auto flash is standard on Lexus GX 2020 just needs to be enabled by the dealership. smh.. all the trouble and $$ I spent.. good thing i think I'll be able to return the relay but not the adapter I created.. so if anyone is interested, check out the Marketplace for the adapter.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/945675

Acrad (06-02-20)
Old 07-15-20, 06:21 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Turn Signal Auto Flash

Looks like I finally found a way to add this feature. I wrote to the company and they confirmed it works with all Toyota / Lexus vehicles. Still waiting for a return email confirming the version of the device. I believe it is the regular one. They are based out of Germany and shipping is a little steep but at least it's an option.

*Edit - confirmed it the universal version. The one linked.

You no longer have to worry about your turn signal being on because you forgot to turn it off! The Pekatronic Comfort flasher relay (One-Touch Turn Signal Module) adds a convenient One-Touch feature to your turn signals. When changing lanes or getting on/off freeway ramps, you just "touch" and release the turn signal lever. The signal will flash 3 or 5 times, then quit.

It is programmable between 3 or 5 flashes.

We must warn you... once you get used to this little gadget, you will wish you had one on all your cars!
Our flasher relay is compatible with all Lexus and Toyota cars.

We have many extra instructions for Lexus. For your GX460 two wire colors are not confirmed.

Please check the attached pdf manual and have a look if you have these wires.

The test for these trigger wires is easy. Turn igninition on. Connect a simple test bulb lamp to ground and enter the wires coming from the steering flasher switch.

If you give ground to the wires over the bulb lamp, the flasher will turn right or left. Easy.
https://www.pekatronic.de/en/Comfort...-relay-92.html

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 07-15-20 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Lane change auto flashing mod completed