GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

HomeLink ('18 GX460) and Marantec Synergy 260 - Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-18, 11:05 AM
wellerceci
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HomeLink ('18 GX460) and Marantec Synergy 260 - Any Ideas?

So I have been battling this issue for the past 2 months. Never had this much of an issue with pairing HomeLink on Ford, MB, BMW.

Can anyone with similar setup provide some input as to what I am doing wrong? I may have exhausted all my options found on the forums, youtube and from Marantec.

So I have a Marantec Synergy 260, the vehicle is a '18 GX460. This is the steps I followed (same official step I got from Marantec):
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please remove the metal clip off the back of the remote control before programming Homelink. Sometimes the metal clip will interfere with programming. Use the Marantec remote control to sit in the car and program Homelink. There is no “smart” or “learn” button on the motor. Kindly use your Marantec remote control without a visor clip attached.
CAUTION!
Before programming HomeLink® to a garage door opener or gate operator, make sure that people and objects are out of the way of the device to prevent potential harm or damage. Your motorized garage door or gate will open and close while you are programming HomeLink. Do not program HomeLink if people or pets are in the path of the door or gate. A moving garage door or gate can cause serious injury or death to people and pets or damage to objects. Vehicle exhaust contains carbon monoxide, a dangerous gas. Do not run the vehicle's engine while programming HomeLink. Exhaust gas can cause serious injury or death. When programming a garage door opener, it is advised to park outside of the garage.

1. Sit in vehicle. PRESS and HOLD the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash (about 20 seconds).
2. Position the Marantec remote 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface, keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously PRESS and HOLD both the desired HomeLink button AND Marantec remote button. DO NOT release these buttons until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
4. PRESS and HOLD the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
* If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once I have done it, the HomeLink was able to control the Marantec Synergy 260 GDO. But the next morning, it stopped working again.

Any one who has a similar setup can offer their assistance? Thank you very much!

Once I can verify that everything is working, I WILL make a Youtube video that spells out the steps. There are very limited resources when it comes to Marantec GDO and HomeLink.

Thank you!!!

Last edited by wellerceci; 05-03-18 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-03-18, 11:12 AM
wellerceci
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As stated, I had paired other vehicles to this same Marantec GDO before without issue. The vehicles were '15 MB GL430, 14' BMW M5, and '14 Ford F150. This is just to show that the Marantec Synergy 260 can be properly paired with HomeLink.

I really don't believe there is a problem with Marantec GDO, or the Lexus HomeLink. There must be something I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Old 05-03-18, 12:36 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by wellerceci
As stated, I had paired other vehicles to this same Marantec GDO before without issue. The vehicles were '15 MB GL430, 14' BMW M5, and '14 Ford F150. This is just to show that the Marantec Synergy 260 can be properly paired with HomeLink.

I really don't believe there is a problem with Marantec GDO, or the Lexus HomeLink. There must be something I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Since you mentioned that your GDO does not have the "Learn" or "Smart" buttons, you may want to try the following procedures for the step 2 of your setup:

It sounded like your GDO has the rolling code function, but if there is no buttons on the device, this would be only option to try.......