GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-18, 04:06 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by KayTeeSA
Just got a 2016 and getting all set up. When I am programming my XM channels, it displays only "Ch 117" etc. Yes, total first-world problem, but is this seriously the way it's designed, or is there a way to show the actual name of the stations like my GM did before, i.e. the tabs say "Y2Kountry" or "CNN" etc? Separately, yet related, is there a way to set it so the song name and artist scrolls to show the entire name when it's long and cut off?
You should be able to press a button on the lower part of the screen "info" to display the full information of the station, the sound has been played and artist name, etc. I am not with the car now, just recall from the memory, it could be a little off on the name of the button on screen. Another easy way to do is to hit the "Home" button left to the screen (i believe the bottom one), which will take you to the home screen with channel and song information on the right half of the screen (if you configure the home screen with audio to be displayed).
The following users liked this post:
KayTeeSA (02-09-18)
Old 02-09-18, 04:49 AM
KayTeeSA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
You should be able to press a button on the lower part of the screen "info" to display the full information of the station, the sound has been played and artist name, etc. I am not with the car now, just recall from the memory, it could be a little off on the name of the button on screen. Another easy way to do is to hit the "Home" button left to the screen (i believe the bottom one), which will take you to the home screen with channel and song information on the right half of the screen (if you configure the home screen with audio to be displayed).
Thank you! I did configure the home screen...even in that mode where audio is half screen, the information is cut off. My main issue is the actual preset buttons showing the station names vs. just the channel number. Is this just the way it is or is there a different mode?
Old 02-09-18, 04:52 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by KayTeeSA
Thank you! I did configure the home screen...even in that mode where audio is half screen, the information is cut off. My main issue is the actual preset buttons showing the station names vs. just the channel number. Is this just the way it is or is there a different mode?
I believe the preset buttons only display the channel number.
Old 02-09-18, 06:18 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 890 Likes on 617 Posts

So Lexus removed this feature with the updated system?

My 2011

Last edited by tecman; 02-09-18 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-09-18, 06:26 PM
hzhao
Racer

I know my 14 GX screen is completely different. I am not with the car now, couldn't recall if the station name is on the button.
Old 02-09-18, 06:36 PM
hzhao
Racer

Looks like the new software has removed station name on the button, but do provide more detail info on the right of the screen. here is a pic from manual:

Old 02-09-18, 06:40 PM
hzhao
Racer

The major improvement for the new software is the presets (max. 36 stored stations) can be mixed with all the bands now, instead of previous each band has the separate presets. It is much easier to access for the favorable stations.
Old 03-21-18, 03:46 PM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts
Default iPhone/Bluetooth echoing

I did a search but didn't get any results.

When making or receiving calls the folks I am on with consistently complain about echoing in the background. I have the volume reduced to a very low level (to the point of hardly being able to hear the conversation, however, the echo still persists. Anyone else experience this? I am running 11.2.6 on my iPhone 8 so the software is up to date.
Old 03-21-18, 04:27 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

There should be a setting for the microphone in the phone setup tab or in the hidden menu settings. Let me look and see.
Old 03-21-18, 07:34 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

I think I remember seeing sensitivity adjustments on my 4Runner many years back when messing around the service menu. I mixed that up with the GX because the steps to adjust the microphone are different. .

Try this and see if you're able to access the microphone settings.. You'll need to go into the navigation service menu mode.

Look at C and D number values, those are the ones that may work for you.

To do that follow these instructions.
2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems,  Questions, Updates-yqag2oo.jpg
Name:  LCpYzHh.png
Views: 426
Size:  58.1 KB
Name:  QjufTN0.png
Views: 414
Size:  63.1 KB
Name:  H0fWEyC.png
Views: 414
Size:  94.5 KB
Name:  jQNlmsP.png
Views: 413
Size:  89.5 KB
Name:  4mSckNo.png
Views: 420
Size:  73.3 KB
Name:  BiDMphh.png
Views: 418
Size:  30.9 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by ObsidianBl:
Acrad (03-21-18), bbqsoup (03-21-18)
Old 05-22-18, 07:55 AM
diggler30
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, or Questions

I have 2014 lexus gx 460 (base model) in an odd configuration without navigation but touchscreen radio. Recently, everytime I start the care a loading bar pops up on my screen...it keeps loading, loading and then goes black and repeats the cycle. Odd thing is the backup camera still displays perfectly on the screen when set to reverse and the screen still shows loading cycle. This leads me to believe that the head unit is still receiving power but radio or ac/heat etc dont work. I brought it to lexus, on 2k miles past warranty and they told me that it's no longer covered under warranty. A refurb head unit (without nav, as my stock unit is) is $1,700! I complained and lexus case agent only offered $500. I find it hard to swallow a $1,200 bill just to replace a radio (Non-nav) unit. Unfortunately, no aftermarket radio/nav units exist for the 2nd gen GX 460. I was thinking it could be a fuse issue but the fact that I have power to screen to view backup camera leaves me scratching my head. Any thoughts/suggestions? I check youtube with only one video speaking to fuse troubleshooting. Thanks
Old 05-22-18, 08:04 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by diggler30
I have 2014 lexus gx 460 (base model) in an odd configuration without navigation but touchscreen radio. Recently, everytime I start the care a loading bar pops up on my screen...it keeps loading, loading and then goes black and repeats the cycle. Odd thing is the backup camera still displays perfectly on the screen when set to reverse and the screen still shows loading cycle. This leads me to believe that the head unit is still receiving power but radio or ac/heat etc dont work. I brought it to lexus, on 2k miles past warranty and they told me that it's no longer covered under warranty. A refurb head unit (without nav, as my stock unit is) is $1,700! I complained and lexus case agent only offered $500. I find it hard to swallow a $1,200 bill just to replace a radio (Non-nav) unit. Unfortunately, no aftermarket radio/nav units exist for the 2nd gen GX 460. I was thinking it could be a fuse issue but the fact that I have power to screen to view backup camera leaves me scratching my head. Any thoughts/suggestions? I check youtube with only one video speaking to fuse troubleshooting. Thanks
Just like computer these days, sometime a hard reboot may fix the problem. You may want to disconnect the Negative battery terminal for about 15 minutes, then restart the car again to see if it come back. You may need to reset your memories for some settings after that. Other than that, you can always shopping on eBay or local junk yard for the head unit. But with Non-nav configuration, it is really hard to come by. Hope the reset helps.
Old 05-22-18, 08:12 AM
diggler30
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the suggestion hzhao, I should have mentioned that I already tried the terminal disconnect/hard reboot but no-go. I will inspect fuses next. I would upgrade to the Nav interface, and reduce the $$ pain but I was told by Lexus it requires all kind of custom wiring...which I find hard to believe but they said it was cost prohibitive.
Old 05-22-18, 08:34 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by diggler30
Thanks for the suggestion hzhao, I should have mentioned that I already tried the terminal disconnect/hard reboot but no-go. I will inspect fuses next. I would upgrade to the Nav interface, and reduce the $$ pain but I was told by Lexus it requires all kind of custom wiring...which I find hard to believe but they said it was cost prohibitive.
I don't think it will be the fuse problem since you do have the display and showing the feed from both head unit and reverse camera. One thing that dealer is correct on wire harness, different configuration do have different harnesses. Upgrade to OEM Nav head unit will cost you far more than you could imagine. The reason there are nearly none aftermarket head unit available to those type of configuration, it is the head unit also combined A/C function and utilized the touch screen input from the display, it is highly customized configuration. For third party to make something for GX (or any lexus for that matter), without enough volume of sales, it is hard for anyone to recover the cost of development as well as the cost of unit itself. Since majority of GX on the market are Nav equipped, you option is somewhat limited.
Old 05-22-18, 08:39 AM
diggler30
Driver School Candidate

Makes sense...unfortunately . Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates