2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-19, 05:10 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 98SBF
On your car, do you have any part numbers or vin that we could use to deal with our dealers to have replaced? Still fighting this on my wife's car.
Unfortunately I do not have any part numbers the dealer did everything for me & I don't have a vin handy I’ve had three different vehicles since then, if I’m not mistaken they should be able to do a software patch still... Speak to your service manager & elevate your Complaint...

Good luck...
Old 08-05-19, 08:55 AM
Jeepster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Unfortunately I do not have any part numbers the dealer did everything for me & I don't have a vin handy I’ve had three different vehicles since then, if I’m not mistaken they should be able to do a software patch still... Speak to your service manager & elevate your Complaint...

Good luck...
I had a 2014 GX460 with the same problems - freezing up. Even the backup camera froze up with a fixed image on screen until I restarted the car The dealer did a software update that corrected the problem. The service ticket showed "Auth# VSA3RG4280". My vin # was JTJJM7FX5E5068307. Also "tech confirmed TSB 0079-14" They charged me for the labor with 52,116 miles on it.
Old 08-11-19, 09:19 PM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BT connection preventing voice instructions from Google maps

Originally Posted by DWF1
I have a new 2019 GX460 and I can't figure out how to get mapping (Google Maps, Apple Map and Waze) voice direction through the vehicle sound system. When I turn on the Bluetooth on my phone I not only don't hear directions through the vehicle sound system, I no longer am able to hear directions through the phone.
My wife's 2019 GX is having this issue. She cannot hear the voice instructions from Google maps over the vehicle sound system or from the iphone itself when she is playing a FM station. She can hear it fine if she is streaming music over spotify. To enable the sound from Google maps I have shown her how to disconnect the "portable player" from BT device, but she has to do this every time the car starts

Is there a way just to connect the phone calls through BT and NOT the portable player? Any other workarounds so she does not have to disable the portable player every time. She is used to google maps or apple maps and listens to FM often.....and really likes using BT for phone calls.

Her truck is 2019 luxury trim without the DVD entertainment and her phone is iphone 7 plus.

Thank you!
Old 08-12-19, 08:31 AM
DWF1
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Options2k
My wife's 2019 GX is having this issue. She cannot hear the voice instructions from Google maps over the vehicle sound system or from the iphone itself when she is playing a FM station. She can hear it fine if she is streaming music over spotify. To enable the sound from Google maps I have shown her how to disconnect the "portable player" from BT device, but she has to do this every time the car starts

Is there a way just to connect the phone calls through BT and NOT the portable player? Any other workarounds so she does not have to disable the portable player every time. She is used to google maps or apple maps and listens to FM often.....and really likes using BT for phone calls.

Her truck is 2019 luxury trim without the DVD entertainment and her phone is iphone 7 plus.

Thank you!
I finally got mine to work--I can't remember the exact settings but you need to go into your mapping app and find the setting that treats the audio as a bluetooth phone call being sent to vehicle speakers.
Old 08-26-19, 10:35 AM
awillsd76
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Bluetooth Weirdness

I recently purchased a 2017 Lexus GX. A strange thing is happening...if I hop in my car with my phone's bluetooth on already, it connects with the car's bluetooth and the dash display says that I am calling....myself? It's really strange. When I look at my phone, it doesn't reflect any calling activity. The only way I can stop this is by hanging up the phone via the touchscreen or steering wheel. After that, the bluetooth in the vehicle works fine. Has anyone else experienced this or know why it could be happening? My phone is a Pixel 2.
Old 08-26-19, 12:16 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not going to be helpful but I have a Pixel 3 and do not have this issue in my 2018 GX. Have you tried un-pairing, deleting, and re-pairing?
Old 08-26-19, 01:58 PM
awillsd76
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a great suggestion! I will try that tonight and see how it goes! Appreciate your input.
Old 08-26-19, 03:12 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by awillsd76
This is a great suggestion! I will try that tonight and see how it goes! Appreciate your input.
You should delete car from phone, delete phone from the car, reboot phone, then re-pair.
Old 08-28-19, 07:31 AM
sinistar
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad this thread came up because I experienced something similar recently. Here's the thing: look into what other apps you have on your phone. I have an iPhone and recently I was sitting in my GX waiting for my wife and just doing stuff on my phone when I noticed it seemed a call was coming in through the GX over BT and the only caller ID was my own number. I also noticed I couldn't hang it up from the GX touchscreen.

So at home I have a Hikvision brand security camera with corresponding app on my phone, which I was using at the time. What I eventually figured out was that opening that app while in the GX SOMEHOW created that phantom call over BT, and the only way to hang up the call was to close the app. I was able to repeat the behavior consistently to confirm. Very weird... and a little concerning that that app was doing anything at all with bluetooth on my phone, for which it should have no need to use in the first place.
Old 08-28-19, 08:06 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

This has to do with apps on the phone that utilize the VoIP feature that is active. Not affected by all apps using that feature, but some. For my experiences (with iPhone), there is one specific version of WeChat when the enabled VoIP and integrated with PhoneCall plug in (which VoIP calls show up as a regular phone call, like Skype), my GX has the same symptom. After few updates with the app, it acted normal again. At least that is one specific app that I have experienced.
The following users liked this post:
sinistar (08-28-19)
Old 11-13-19, 10:03 AM
ITPRO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diggler30
I have 2014 lexus gx 460 (base model) in an odd configuration without navigation but touchscreen radio. Recently, everytime I start the care a loading bar pops up on my screen...it keeps loading, loading and then goes black and repeats the cycle. Odd thing is the backup camera still displays perfectly on the screen when set to reverse and the screen still shows loading cycle. This leads me to believe that the head unit is still receiving power but radio or ac/heat etc dont work. I brought it to lexus, on 2k miles past warranty and they told me that it's no longer covered under warranty. A refurb head unit (without nav, as my stock unit is) is $1,700! I complained and lexus case agent only offered $500. I find it hard to swallow a $1,200 bill just to replace a radio (Non-nav) unit. Unfortunately, no aftermarket radio/nav units exist for the 2nd gen GX 460. I was thinking it could be a fuse issue but the fact that I have power to screen to view backup camera leaves me scratching my head. Any thoughts/suggestions? I check youtube with only one video speaking to fuse troubleshooting. Thanks

I have the same trouble now. Is there anyone got a way to fix it at a reasonable cost? Thank you!
Old 12-03-19, 12:38 AM
williamcyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diggler30
I have 2014 lexus gx 460 (base model) in an odd configuration without navigation but touchscreen radio. Recently, everytime I start the care a loading bar pops up on my screen...it keeps loading, loading and then goes black and repeats the cycle. Odd thing is the backup camera still displays perfectly on the screen when set to reverse and the screen still shows loading cycle. This leads me to believe that the head unit is still receiving power but radio or ac/heat etc dont work. I brought it to lexus, on 2k miles past warranty and they told me that it's no longer covered under warranty. A refurb head unit (without nav, as my stock unit is) is $1,700! I complained and lexus case agent only offered $500. I find it hard to swallow a $1,200 bill just to replace a radio (Non-nav) unit. Unfortunately, no aftermarket radio/nav units exist for the 2nd gen GX 460. I was thinking it could be a fuse issue but the fact that I have power to screen to view backup camera leaves me scratching my head. Any thoughts/suggestions? I check youtube with only one video speaking to fuse troubleshooting. Thanks
i have some problem happen few days ago.is all gx460screen has this problem?after warranty?are they doing purpose?
The following users liked this post:
Claricemac (12-19-19)
Old 12-30-19, 02:35 AM
Hg2764
Driver School Candidate

Default Same problem with my 2014 GX460

Originally Posted by GSFbeast
Got the nav unit replaced.
after replacing battery by myself, Nav and CD player stop working but backup camera, AC, Clock is working just fine.

took to dealer but asking $3k to replace unit.

Where did you get Nav unit replaced?
Old 12-30-19, 05:18 AM
william489
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Hg2764
after replacing battery by myself, Nav and CD player stop working but backup camera, AC, Clock is working just fine.

There has to be an issue with GX NAV unit. Replacing battery is a simple work. If a $100 battery job can trigger a $3K NAV replacement, there is a design issue. I would fight to have lexus pay for replacement cost of NAV.

Btw, it is recommended that a 12v DC is maintained while battery is being swapped out, so computer info is kept as-is.

Make me think if I have to go to dealership to change battery next year.

Old 12-30-19, 05:38 AM
william489
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Hg2764

go to below link and follow #8 post and will that fix your issue? just a suggestion and I didn't verify this myself, it is apparently an issue affecting LS and IS too.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...een-black.html

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates