GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-21, 10:38 AM
eemerick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio on Display instead of Navigation?

I have a 2015 GX 460, and it always displays the Navigation on the dash screen.
Is there a way to change the primary display to Audio rather than the Navigation? I have no use for the navigation being displayed constantly. I would much rather have my audio menu displayed instead.
Is there a way to change Audio to be the default menu displayed on the screen?
Old 06-30-21, 01:27 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by eemerick
I have a 2015 GX 460, and it always displays the Navigation on the dash screen.
Is there a way to change the primary display to Audio rather than the Navigation? I have no use for the navigation being displayed constantly. I would much rather have my audio menu displayed instead.
Is there a way to change Audio to be the default menu displayed on the screen?
unfortunately you can not. The best option will be go into setting, under General, turn off screen auto switch option, that way, you can manually switch the screen to audio, and remains on audio until next startup.
Old 07-19-21, 10:36 PM
Kenstar
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Does 2021 GX priory bluetooth connect option?

Hi, gx owners, i am just wondering this dated monster has bluetooth priory connection option.

If me and my wife register each phone with bluetooth, which phone will be first connected?

my other car has this option but i cant find this new Gx. Please advise!

thank you
Old 07-19-21, 11:37 PM
eric2097
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kenstar
Hi, gx owners, i am just wondering this dated monster has bluetooth priory connection option.

If me and my wife register each phone with bluetooth, which phone will be first connected?

my other car has this option but i cant find this new Gx. Please advise!

thank you
It does not have bluetooth priority option. The system is designed to connect to whichever phone was paired last to the vehicle. However, if it cannot find the last paired phone, it will go down the list and connect to whichever phone it can find. One trick is to temporarily turn off the bluetooth on the passenger's phone before starting the vehicle.
Old 08-19-21, 02:05 PM
anonimaus
Driver School Candidate

Question iPhone thinks my 2017 GX stereo is an airpod when connected via bluetooth.

The car is a 2017 GX460.

Really weird issue here. I have multiple phones set up with my head-unit via bluetooth. All work fine, except one. The iPhone 11 Pro with 14.7.1 iOS connects via bluetooth for both phone and music functions, but only plays through iPhone built-in speaker, even though full control is possible via the head-unit. Issue popped up right after a visit to a smog check site where technician unplugged a door/window/mirror plug-in OBDII mod, and plugged in his test set without turning the vehicle off first and then put it back in again while still running. iPhone 11 Pro was connected via bluetooth when he did it.

Things tried:
1) Removed bluetooth profiles and re-added on head unit and on the phone multiple different ways with the OBD plug in and out. No change.
2) Reset headunit preferences.
3) Renamed head unit.
3) Reset settings on iPhone.
4) Renamed iPhone.

I can add and remove any other device to my heart's content, and they all work fine.

Two clues:

1) After connecting problem iPhone via bluetooth, there is no sub-menu to designate the device type in the bluetooth profile information (Settings/Bluetooth/LexusGXbluetooth/Device Type) that all other devices have.
2) Accessibility menu seems to think the Lexus GX is some form of AirPod. When accessing Settings/Accessibility/Airpods, the "LexusGXbluetooth" shows up as a device.

I can't find a way to change these settings, as adding/removing, etc. seems to have no effect. Whenever I add it back, I have the same problem.

Strangely enough, works fine via wired connection.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-21, 02:56 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,654 Likes on 2,392 Posts

That is a tough one. I haven't seen any resolutions yet if device type isn't showing up on iPhone.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/26/how-t...e-ipad-ios-14/
Old 08-19-21, 04:05 PM
anonimaus
Driver School Candidate

It does show up on the iPhone, but no submenu present to change type of device. Which is the same as iOS treats the AirPods.
Old 08-19-21, 04:41 PM
m5rahul
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts

Just checked my 12 pro max (14.7.1) and I see what you’re saying… Have you tried resetting the network on the iPhone? ( settings - general - reset - reset network settings ) I had an issue where the iPhone would keep reconnecting / disconnecting with my M5 and a ‘reset network settings’ seemed to do the trick.

If that doesn’t work, I’d also take a stab at ‘reset all settings’

If you’re on MacRumors, try posting this there as well!
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (08-19-21)
Old 08-20-21, 06:37 AM
anonimaus
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, but tired resetting network connections and then resetting all. The last was a pain, as I have been dealing with all sorts of pop-ups for personalization that I set years ago after doing it. Basically all preferences get reset.
Old 08-20-21, 12:04 PM
m5rahul
Intermediate

Yeah resetting all settings is a PITA but it does resolve issues sometimes!

Do you have a backup ( from a date earlier than when this issue started ) that you can restore from ?

If the backup doesn’t fix it, I’d do a complete hard reset, go thru the motion of setting it up ( without restoring aka as a new device ) but not doing any personalizations ( leave the device as is, dont set up any email accounts, or download any apps, etc .. ) and test the BT with the car to see if that works !!

A wild thought : Try downloading iOS 15 public beta ( pretty stable now ) and see if that does it !

Last edited by m5rahul; 08-20-21 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-20-21, 01:17 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Do you have Siri disabled? Disabled Siri may have some weird stuff with Carplay. Just a thought.

Also does the phone pair fine with other cars?
Old 08-21-21, 03:52 PM
anonimaus
Driver School Candidate

Might try the iOS 15 later. Phone is also paired with an RX350, a Cadillac Escalade and an Audi RSQ8. Seems to work fine in all of them. Siri is not disabled, but the 2017 GX460's don't have CarPlay as an option, so probably not a factor. Really weird.
Old 08-26-21, 09:09 AM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Possible to Add GPS to 2020?

Hello all, been looking for a certified gx460 with very little options, Gps was all I was looking for really. I happened to come across the perfect color combo certified 2020 I've found, however it has no GPS. Can I add GPS to it on the OEM screen?
Old 08-26-21, 03:09 PM
m5rahul
Intermediate

If it's the GPS that's holding you up, IMO.. don't wait! The GPS sucks, and I always use Google or Apple Maps.

Just my .02
Old 08-28-21, 09:44 PM
dvs73
Driver School Candidate

Default Home Screen Question

Have a noob question, is there any way to make the "Home Screen" the default screen to come on at start up? At the moment every time i turn on my GX it defaults to the NAV . A very minor issue but one that if i can address I would like to address. Sorry, if this has been covered before.

2017 model year.

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates