GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-15, 03:09 PM
midwest2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rivacorp
Hello all! I'm new on here and this is my first Lexus. I've had my 2015 GX 460 since April 18th.

Since I've had it the navigation screen has frozen on me 5 times with 830 miles on it.

Every time it froze on me all the center console buttons will not work. The Audio, Nav, Climate & Home button's DO NOT WORK! Also the buttons on the steering wheels won't work as well. The only time I can get the navigation to unfreeze is by shutting off the car.

The 5th time it froze I held down the "Power/Vol" button down and the navigation screen turn black and restarted itself while the vehicle was in motion.

So I scheduled an appointment with service for May 1st to have them take a look at why it keeps freezing.

So my Lexus adviser name "Patrick" said he will have the technician try and "duplicate it" but won't guarantee that he can solve the issue. He told me it will take about an hour and a half to look into it.

So as I sat there to have the truck serviced the hour and half passes by and I get called from service and said my vehicle is finished.

As I walk to the service garage my adviser "Patrick" met me at the door and told me that they could not duplicate it. He told me to record the issue with my cell phone and give them a call when it happens again. Basically couldn't/didn't solve the problem and sent me on my merry way.

So I basically walked out of there telling myself I just purchased a 56K truck and it's not working correctly and I'm ***** out of luck. At this point I wish I never even purchased the vehicle.

Is anyone else having issues with their navigation freezing up?
No nav issues for me. The best "owner fix attempt" for electrical gremlins is to unhook the negative battery terminal for a few minutes then reinstall. Good luck
Old 05-12-15, 07:06 PM
offroader
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with mine ( 2015 acquired in December 14) I have read there is a software update that corrects that bug.

I mentioned the problem during the 5k check... It has never appeared since.

Good luck
Old 05-12-15, 07:17 PM
redbrick
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...agreed...definitely record with your phone if you can... I'm curious too. If you solve this, please post your resolution.
Old 05-13-15, 11:39 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

There is a firmware update available at the dealer for this issue. I talked to the shop foreman when I had my LS 460 in for service. I'm waiting until I need an oil change to take mine in.
Old 05-15-15, 01:16 PM
tme
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem with my 2015. It's happened a number of times, and I didn't know about the power/vol button to restart it. Extremely annoying when you're depending on it while driving. I'm nearly at 5k so will mention it at service.
Old 05-26-15, 09:56 AM
Jeepster
Driver School Candidate

My 2014 did the same thing several times - you have to tell service to do all available firmware upgrades - they don't seem to check for them unless asked to.
Old 06-01-15, 04:15 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

I was driving home today and mine restart while I was on the highway.
Old 06-09-15, 03:43 PM
tme
Driver School Candidate

Mine is at the dealer today for 5K service, and the service advisor is saying there are no firmware updates
Old 06-10-15, 09:56 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rivacorp
Hello all! I'm new on here and this is my first Lexus. I've had my 2015 GX 460 since April 18th.

Since I've had it the navigation screen has frozen on me 5 times with 830 miles on it.

Every time it froze on me all the center console buttons will not work. The Audio, Nav, Climate & Home button's DO NOT WORK! Also the buttons on the steering wheels won't work as well. The only time I can get the navigation to unfreeze is by shutting off the car.

The 5th time it froze I held down the "Power/Vol" button down and the navigation screen turn black and restarted itself while the vehicle was in motion.

So I scheduled an appointment with service for May 1st to have them take a look at why it keeps freezing.

So my Lexus adviser name "Patrick" said he will have the technician try and "duplicate it" but won't guarantee that he can solve the issue. He told me it will take about an hour and a half to look into it.

So as I sat there to have the truck serviced the hour and half passes by and I get called from service and said my vehicle is finished.

As I walk to the service garage my adviser "Patrick" met me at the door and told me that they could not duplicate it. He told me to record the issue with my cell phone and give them a call when it happens again. Basically couldn't/didn't solve the problem and sent me on my merry way.

So I basically walked out of there telling myself I just purchased a 56K truck and it's not working correctly and I'm ***** out of luck. At this point I wish I never even purchased the vehicle.

Is anyone else having issues with their navigation freezing up?

So let me let everyone know the real & not the BS or misinformed....

The Nav in the 13/14 models had issues, they mad a software patch & cleared it up... Then Lexus changed the brain unit on for the 15 model where the Nav, Mouse, & radio/media center are now 1 unit & it brought back the issue but only in some models... The only thing that can be done (right now) is the brain ie the Nav/radio needs to be replaced... but Lexus will have a tech look @ ur car & run a diagnosis & it should be replaced under ur warranty... Reason I know, I have a GS F-Sport RWD I just picked up with 1300 miles on it doing the same thing every so often... Not to mention a friend of mine is a service manager @ a Lexus dealership here in MA & he told me Lexus sent out a all dealer notification 2 weeks ago...
The following users liked this post:
98SBF (07-29-19)
Old 06-16-15, 02:56 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I have an IS with the same nav system (Lexus Generation 8) and a lot of IS owners have had similar issues. The biggest trigger for this seems to be having your phone plugged in to the USB port to charge. It seems that the USB port and the Bluetooth kind of fight and confuse each other, causing the system to crash. I just use a cigarette lighter charger in my IS and don't use the USB, and haven't had it crash in over a year. It's a work around and not a solution, but it does help.

If you are having the problem and you don't have your phone plugged in to the USB port, then make sure your firmware is up to date. I've had my dealer update mine multiple times. Sometimes our phones get a bit glitchy too, and un-pairing/forgetting your phone, then relinking it up can help.

Good luck!
Old 01-02-16, 09:40 AM
chrisliuw
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth microphone Quality Questions

GX460 Base, 2015

My friends complain a lot that they could not hear me well while I am driving (most on highway) when using bluetooth with my iPhone.

Two questions:
1) Where is the microphone located ? try to face to microphone closely when speaks

2) anyway to adjust microphone level

Thanks for help,
Old 01-02-16, 03:08 PM
LFIL
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure the center vents are completely closed, otherwise it will sound like you are under water to the other person.
Old 01-03-16, 05:53 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have the front vents pointed up the air blows right in to the microphone, point them straight forward or down and you'll have no issues.
The following users liked this post:
RealMenDIY (12-22-22)
Old 02-26-16, 12:18 AM
chrisliuw
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, Eppieguy & LFIL. It does helps.
Old 05-05-16, 12:06 AM
Nkoch11
Driver School Candidate

Default Navigation card map Gen 8 (lexus gx 460/ 2015)

hello everyone, please help me.
i'm from georgia (country), 2 month ago i bought a car in manheim auction lexus gx 460 2015 (vin: JTJBM7FX1F5098426) but when i shipped car in georgia it was missing navigation card map (sd card) i think someone stole in chokey. regrettably in my country there isnt any official dealer or lexus center so i bought sd card in ebay ( OEM 86271-60320 # 0624 ) when i putted it in car it didnot worked display was written (unable tu access the sd card on wich the software is installed...) than i was told to buy another one card ( OEM 86271-78011 #0910) i putted another card but it was same, it didnot works.
now i have 2 card, please someone help me lexus official says me to bring car in usa
Attached Thumbnails 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems,  Questions, Updates-download.jpg  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates